+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nomination for Jerk of the Week: Panthers Front Office

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009

It's all part of Carolina's strategy. They want a Top 5 pick to make as sure as possible they're drafting a franchise QB when the time comes, but there's too much talent on the team as it is now, and having Delhomme exponentially increases the chance they completely bottom out in the next season or two.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Yea. Carolina's GM sucks.

Nominate Eric Mangini for the $1700 bottle of water.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009

I nominate Rex Ryan for all the talking... and backing it up

He ruined my week.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Hindsight is 20/20. People thought Flacco was a third rounder and said he wouldn't be able to start until next year.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Oh look, PP beats me to another point.

Also, DeAngelo Williams wasn't playing that great before the 08 draft. I remember a lot of people lauding that pick to rejuvenate offense.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Cannot help but laugh when I think about the Sporting News article last month that listed Jake Delhomme as the 2nd most underrated player in the NFL. Good call SN.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Portnam View Post
    It's all part of Carolina's strategy. They want a Top 5 pick to make as sure as possible they're drafting a franchise QB when the time comes, but there's too much talent on the team as it is now, and having Delhomme exponentially increases the chance they completely bottom out in the next season or two.
    They don't have a first rounder this year, silly.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EL Guapo View Post
    I always hear Cowher would want to go there. Do you hear that in Carolina?
    Yea, all the time. But if we need a coach and a GM to replace Fox and Hurney, can any of you see Cower moving into a Parcells type GM / VP of football operations role?

I completely agree with the OP about Flacco, I know we liked him, our front office was apparently so misinformed/naive about where he was going that they thought he may fall back to us in 2nd round.

What I think is happening in a very quiet and subtle way here in Carolina is that the players have no confidence in JD on the field. We are out of the media spotlight and no one with the organization has weekly ego stroking press conferences, but how else can you explain a team that lost 2 starters from a 12 - 4 team look so totally uncomfortable and out of synch? In the locker room, everyone will swear it is JD's team and that he is the man, but something is way way wrong when that team is on the field.

+ Reply to Thread