+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Wants to be Notre Dame's Head Coach?

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Who Wants to be Notre Dame's Head Coach?

Title in honor of ND alum Regis Philbin.

I strongly doubt Weis returns for the 2010 season: 0-5 vs. USC and 4-6 against the grand state of Michigan isn't going to cut it. Even assuming Notre Dame wins out-and even I'm skeptical that we'll beat both Stanford and Pittsburgh-we'll be a longshot for the BCS and we'll probably lose to a BCS bowl team anyways. Weis has all of his own players in now, so he can't use Ty's horrific recruiting as a (totally acceptable) excuse. The fact is that the defense has dramatically underperformed and if he can't get his players motivated and beat SC this season, he probably never will.

So. Who does ND get to come? Personally, I'd hate for either Brian Kelly or Urban Meyer; I don't want to see Notre Dame start running the spread, and Meyer in particular is just plain vicious when it comes to recruiting and running the score up on people. Jon Gruden has called ND his dream job before, but again, he'd try and run the spread. My preference would be Chris Peterson of Boise State, but I don't think he's leaving Boise anytime soon.

So, what does anybody else think (other than the inevitable "Notre Dame sucks!" and "Notre Shame lol" crap)?

2. arhymemaster is offline The Real Gunslinger Perennial Pro Bowler

Notre Shame sucks.

But on a serious note, Jon Gruden will be Notre Shame's head coach next year. Not a doubt in my mind. He would make an amazing HC IMO for Notre Shame. He'll use his variation of a Spread/Wildcat/WCO scheme. He would turn that defense around in no time.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

So blue, was I right, in saying that USC>>>ND?

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by wraith36444 View Post
    So blue, was I right, in saying that USC>>>ND?
    Meh. Let's be honest, Notre Dame held their own. If Tausch makes the extra point and ND scores on their final drive, the Irish win. But they didn't.

I should think the answer to your question should be self-apparent, though, seeing as how they've played each other. Lemme tell ya, going to class Monday morning is going to be fun, what with the guy who sits next to me being a USC fan and all. Still not as bad as the professor I have who's a Michigan grad.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

If the Yankees lose and the Jets lose tomorrow (not likely), jetsfan will be on major suicide watch.

6. arhymemaster is offline The Real Gunslinger Perennial Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by wraith36444 View Post
    If the Yankees lose and the Jets lose tomorrow (not likely), jetsfan will be on major suicide watch.
    Yankees aren't losing.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008

I don't think ti will happen with that contract weis signed its to expensive to buy out.

however if sawrbirick does than gruden might not make a bad ND coach but id say get someone who can coach college kids. Gruden will end up like callahan did at nebreska

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008

ayrmaster wraith said that as joke of course than yanks are winning I said if the jets lose tomorrow to tbe bills i would go on suicide watch

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I don't see Gruden taking a college job, especially because then he wouldn't be allowed to drool about the wildcat and players with a lot of Grit in the big leagues.

I think the option that might be very underrated is Skip Holtz who has done wonders with ECU, is bleeding ND pride (obvious dad ties plus he played there), and he would be fairly cheap enough to even out the Charlie Weis issue.

That or Rudy, he hasn't done **** for a while and would be good at setting the team back

10. arhymemaster is offline The Real Gunslinger Perennial Pro Bowler

Gruden would implement the Wildcat if he went to Notre Shame.

+ Reply to Thread