Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pam Oliver's comments on McNabb

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Pam Oliver's comments on McNabb

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PAM OLIVER STANDS BY McNABB COMMENTS

FOX reporter Pam Oliver has responded to the comments of Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb regarding his comments to her that were reported during Sunday's game between Philly and Dallas.

"I just feel like our relationship is definitely broken," Oliver told the News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware on Monday. "It's not easy to be called a big, fat liar. You wake up to that and it's unpleasant."

Here are her remarks from Sunday, which caused the whole conundrum: "Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered. When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him.

"But Donovan told me point blank: 'My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,' and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he's in an Eagles uniform."

Actually, Oliver said that McNabb's comments about the team were more pointed than she portrayed them to be, and that she toned them down in order to avoid getting him in hot water.

"My only professional regret is: Why on Earth did I bend over backwards to make it less impactful?," she said. "And then wake up to . . . to someone throwing you under bus like that.

"All I can tell you is I stand by it 100 percent," she said. "It's on-my-mother's-grave accurate. That's the bottom line."

Interesting to say the least. I am on the fence on this issue I have no clue who to believe. You know sometims sideline reporters need to fill time and might make up a story and of course Oliver would stand by her comments (even still lieing but who knows).

What are your thoughts and what will happen with McNabb?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007

mcnabb is a big brown turd who needs to be flushed.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by starqb14 View Post
    mcnabb is a big brown turd who needs to be flushed.
    Racist much? Lol j/k. But that was the first thing I thought when reading the big brown turd comment.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Season long bets

Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
    Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
    Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
    Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
    Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
    Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
    Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
    Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007

oh...didn't even think of that. oops. he still is a turd that needs to be flushed. I guess he also is brown but that really is irrelevant.

5. you kids are clowns, pam oliver belongs in the kitchen.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bwest36 View Post
    you kids are clowns, pam oliver belongs in the kitchen.
    QFT

7. what does qft mean again.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

quote for truth

9. lol ohhhh

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007

A sexist coment. Nice, West. I dont get what a sexist coment has to do with her ability as a reporter. I would believe Oliver over McNabb at this point in time.

+ Reply to Thread