+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are the Eagles continually so low in the power rankings?

1. Why are the Eagles continually so low in the power rankings?

I know this is probably bias considering I am a somerton local and love the birds, but honestly the Steelers have played terrible as of late and the Ravens have been even worse. I dont understand how the Eagles at 8-4 can be ranked below these two teams. The Eagles will continue to get hot as usual during december and may likely even win out. Though Andy Reid can be a terrible coach at times they still win games and have one of the deepest teams in the NFL. I think its time for some more respect Walt, especially coming from a local like yourself.

2. Eagles are below the Ravens? That's criminal.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Eagles and criminal definitely belong in the same sentence.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by cutty View Post
    Eagles are below the Ravens? That's criminal.
    The Ravens are by far not living up to their potential. Although, if the Patriots are above anyone in the playoff hunt right now, would be criminal. That team can't win on the road. No pass rush. Inconsistent offense. When they are right, they can beat anyone anywhere, but they are clearly not right at this point in time.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009

It's amazing that the Steelers can lose to the Chiefs and Raiders and still be in the top 10.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009

The Eagles are inconsistent and injury-prone. All of their playmakers fall under the following categories:

1) Old
    2) Inconsistent
    3) Slot receiver
    4) Injury prone

And the 2 most important people on their defense are no longer on the team (Dawkins & Johnson).

All that combines for a team that has a limited ceiling and sometimes decides not to show up for games (@OAK....). I'd be wary of putting the Eagles in the top 10 of any ranking I do.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Its cool to see another person from Somerton on here. I live just outside Somerton.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    The Eagles are inconsistent and injury-prone. All of their playmakers fall under the following categories:

1) Old
    2) Inconsistent
    3) Slot receiver
    4) Injury prone

And the 2 most important people on their defense are no longer on the team (Dawkins & Johnson).

All that combines for a team that has a limited ceiling and sometimes decides not to show up for games (@OAK....). I'd be wary of putting the Eagles in the top 10 of any ranking I do.
    I do not think that old is a very good criticism of this Eagles squad. Their playmakers on offense have been DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and LeSean McCoy. These guys are all really young. Injuries have certainly been an issue, no arguing with ya there.

9. its because of Micheal Vick

lets see the Eagles have a

solid QB (regular season)
    solid running game (when used)
    good o line - potential to be great when healthy
    great recievers - with ridiculous potential
    young, talented, deep d line
    solid linebacking core
    great secondary - 4 starting caliber corners + an elite SS.
    great special teams.

yeh they're pretty dsyfunctional but they're a really talented team
    Team Andrea McNulty gangbang

'Be good or be good at it'

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    I do not think that old is a very good criticism of this Eagles squad. Their playmakers on offense have been DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, and LeSean McCoy. These guys are all really young. Injuries have certainly been an issue, no arguing with ya there.
    I guess I was thinking of the key playmakers, McNabb & Westbrook. You are right though, the age thing doesn't extend past them now that the young guys have stepped up.

It still doesn't change that I don't feel that Maclin, Avant, and even McCoy are game-changers like McNabb, Westbrook, and Jackson are. They're good players, but generally won't lead your team to victory by themselves. For them to succeed, you need at least 1-2 of the game-changers playing well as well as the Eagles offensive line, which has been disappointing.

Throw in Andy Reid, inconsistency, and an OK defense, and you have today's Eagles, who could win or lose any game they play in.

+ Reply to Thread