+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns want to deal Anderson

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Browns want to deal Anderson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176068

Don't listen to Cremmel...the Browns are going to say and act like they want Anderson but what they want is a first and third round picks. They'll say, "We plan to have Anderson on our roster" but they will accept those draft picks in a heartbeat.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176068

Don't listen to Cremmel...the Browns are going to say and act like they want Anderson but what they want is a first and third round picks. They'll say, "We plan to have Anderson on our roster" but they will accept those draft picks in a heartbeat.
    If I'm a Browns fan, I'm incredulous! He'a a Pro Bowl alternate. Not exactly a dime a dozen. Quinn's not ready yet to assume the role with the same success.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007

You don't know how good Quinn is...he played very good last week vs. San Fran and his receivers had butter fingers.

THey drafted him to be their guy. They spend a first round draft pick on him, you don't want to flush that down the toilet and have him on the bench. If you can add a first round draft pick that would be huge for hte Browns. Yes you lose Anderson, but you are going to add a dynamic player like a Derrick Harvey or a Jonathan Stewart to your roster.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007

One of the mock drafts I read had Anderson going to Miami. Is that really realistic? Will the fins really give the first overall pick and a third rounder for Anderson?
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007

No way. Not realistic at all especially for a team like Miami where they need to upgrade at several positions. Whoever said that, just don't listen to anything they say again. What a dumb idea. I see no team parting with a high draft pick for Anderson, not even Carolina at #13.

6. I think Chicago would be a realistic landing spot. The last two first round QBs they've taken have been busts, and they really need one this year. Not to mention Anderson is still only 24.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Chicago loves speed at their DL and pass rush and Rogers isthe opposite...plus they need to accumulate more talent.

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

There are so many crappy QBs in the NFL, I don't think you can give a great one up just like that.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There are so many crappy QBs in the NFL, I don't think you can give a great one up just like that.
    There are so many crappy QBs because there are so many great defenses. You can give a good one up (Anderson isn't great yet) for additional draft picks and you have Quinn.

Look, Cleveland isn't an offense with just a QB. They have the OL, WRs, and TE to help Quinn succeed immediately.

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

But what if Quinn sucks, and Anderson goes on to be a Pro Bowler in Minnesota or Chicago?

+ Reply to Thread