Thread: Mangini to return

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009

J Snazzy is offline uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Perennial Pro Bowler

Sorry Cle fans.
    Chicago Bears
    Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wants: O-line, Tall WR, and a 3 tech.

3. Sucks for the Browns fans. Between this and Cribbs possibly leaving, I'm waiting to hear some positive news on how things are gonna be turned around next year.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007

I don't like Mangini, however he had the team really playing well at the end of the season. I think Mangini's success next year will depend on how he and Holmgren draft. If the players drafted last year can make more of an impact and the new players coming in can make some impact I think Mangini could stay on for a third season. If he can coach these guys to wins I don't care who likes him, I want him as coach. This year is going to be a trial for him, for his sake he had better live up to expectations.

My expectations are at least 7 wins. They have 11 Draft Choices and if the Browns keep Josh Cribbs I expect 7-8 wins. You got your shot, prove yourself Mangini.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

5. I am quite surprised. Just goes to show you can't always believe the so-called insiders. There was such a consensus on T.V. among talking heads that Mangini was on his way out the door. Either they had an agenda and wanted Mangini fired, or he really impressed Holmgren with his defense of why he deserves to stay on as coach. I think this is bad news overall for Browns fans, but then again they did end this season on the right foot.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007

i like the last line in the article, "there's one team i can think of that does, but no one else."

ahem undead al ahem

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EAkadima15 View Post
    they did end this season on the right foot.
    With tons of help from Josh Cribbs, mind you, and all signs point to him being out of there. That alone would show that the Holmgren hire was a horrifying idea.

If Cribbs leaves, and Mangini decides Jerome Harrison isn't his best HB(like he does every week), the Browns will go 0-16.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

8. This makes sense to me. Holmgren is there for the long haul. Regardless of who the coach is next year, it will be a down year, and it'll be better for Holmgren and his chosen coach to let Mangini take the fall for next year's showing.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Horrible idea, especially with those 11 picks.

Now they are going to draft for Daboll's offense and the 3-4 and then fire Mangini next January. Holmgren will then inevitably hire WCO and 4-3 D coaches. Congratulations, you've just wasted a prime rebuilding year and its resources.

Inexplicable.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by loneweasel View Post
    Horrible idea, especially with those 11 picks.

Now they are going to draft for Daboll's offense and the 3-4 and then fire Mangini next January. Holmgren will then inevitably hire WCO and 4-3 D coaches. Congratulations, you've just wasted a prime rebuilding year and its resources.

Inexplicable.
    But isn't the Browns being incompetent a good thing?

+ Reply to Thread