+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL=Trash

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by tbod10 View Post
    I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.
    The Vikings were in it till the end....If they would have won , this thread would not exist. All would be well with the world and the NFL. Heck , hakuna matata to an uncapped season.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Actually, there are still quite a few restrictions on this uncapped NFL. Different rules on FAs, I just can't remember them off hand. Besides, they aren't stupid enough to lock out. That way, no one gets paid.

You will be back. Championship losses suck, but you will be back.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009

[QUOTE=tbod10;453525]I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.[/QUOTE]

No I've been thinking about quitting watching Pro Football for a while but this was nail in the coffin. I thought about it after Ravens-Steelers a few years back.

NBA really has a non existent cap that nobody abides by, exactly why teams are 40 mil over the "cap"
    WE GOT A BLACK COACH NOW!! SUPER BOWL BOUND IN 2012, IF THERE IS A LEAGUE!!

I've produced more iconic threads than you ever will :)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by big blue monster View Post
    The Vikings were in it till the end....If they would have won , this thread would not exist. All would be well with the world and the NFL. Heck , hakuna matata to an uncapped season.
    This thread wouldn't have as much Vikings stuff but I still would have hailed this as the worst officiated game ever.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Actually, there are still quite a few restrictions on this uncapped NFL. Different rules on FAs, I just can't remember them off hand. Besides, they aren't stupid enough to lock out. That way, no one gets paid.

You will be back. Championship losses suck, but you will be back.
    I already said it retard, I'm done with football.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009

[QUOTE=vikeme428;453541]
    I'm so confused as to what about THIS game made you decide to give up football?

BTW, the NBA has a cap.[/QUOTE]

No I've been thinking about quitting watching Pro Football for a while but this was nail in the coffin. I thought about it after Ravens-Steelers a few years back.

NBA really has a non existent cap that nobody abides by, exactly why teams are 40 mil over the "cap"
    Is that why the Suns keep trading their draft picks for cash? The NBA has a tax cap, and how many teams are over the cap? Like Lakers and some ****ty teams iirc.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by vikeme428 View Post
    Alright I made a misstep on that, how about factor in the challenges and BS plays.

Favre no call on Tom Brady rule, no lunging at QB's legs (results in No Int)
    Pierre Thomas doesn't make it to the endzone (result in possible no overtime, Vikings win)
    Bush TD (This is debatable and I want to see a pic of this)
    Overtime:
    4th and inches, again really hard to tell here this might have been a 1st.
    Leber PI call, come on really now, it was over his head

The key thing about the Saints penalties is that some were 15 yarders that didn't matter (Rookie LB running into Reynaud on punt).

There were a ton of questionable rulings here, beyond that of the Pittsburgh game earlier in this season (I really had no problem other than the tripping) but this is on the level of that Pittsburgh-Baltimore game a few years ago IMO, terrible calls by the refs screw one team out of winning.
    1) it was a legit no-call. The Brady Rule is about the knee. Vilma hit him AS THE BALL WAS IN HIS HANDS. meaning it's a legit tackle. not to mention Vilma was pushed into him.
    2) Thomas was legit in the endzone.
    3) Bush was legit in the endzone.
    4) it was easily a first.
    5) PI isn't about if it's uncatchable. It's about when the ball is thrown, whether it is possibly catchable. very subjective. and when the ball was thrown, it was catchable, then Leber tackled the dude.

and for the record. I hate both of these teams. but the Saints won. fair and square. next time, maybe look at Favre's 3 turnovers and tell me it's not the reason why you lost. because it is.

Founder of ScarDraft
    Writer for Drafttek

8. [QUOTE=vikeme428;453541]
    I'm 99% sure that you don't know how it works. It sounds like you're just as educated on the NFL.

And fyi - Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas TD's were legit - the footage was pretty obvious to anyone without a bias and chip on their shoulder

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mister3nOut View Post
    Lololol. This is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil.
    I tried to sell mine, but he said it wasn't worth a damn.
    ~

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I do wish the NFL would have implemented the college rules in this overtime format and we wouldn't have a problem whether the Vikings would have won or lost. NFL has some serious issues to take care of.
    1. See here. Also, the graphic before OT showed that teams that win the coin flip are like 8-6 this year.

You seriously are a bunch of illiterate dicks. I now realize why the rest of the world laughs at America.
    2. What the **** does a smallish international internet forum on a football website have to do with the literacy of America?

I want conclusive evidence to say that the Saints really should have won this game. In fact there is none, whatsoever.
    3. The Vikes fumbled 6 times. Refs can't control that. Saints had more penalties AND yards. If it isn't the refs you're mad about, then it's the actual game, which saw Favre throw away a potential game winning field goal, and the Saints march down the field to boot a clutch 40 yard kick. If that, plus 31-28, isn't conclusive, then congratulations. You have awakened from THE MATRIX.

+ Reply to Thread