+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me out. If Josh McDaniels loved Tebrow so much....

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Help me out. If Josh McDaniels loved Tebrow so much....

then why did he pass on him for a WR with a broken foot who runs streak routes?
    Some random guy:

"Like I have been telling you for the past two months: The Oakland Raiders will draft Campbell."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Silver Samurai View Post
    then why did he pass on him for a WR with a broken foot who runs streak routes?
    they didnt want to give the Pats that many more picks, better to just give up the first and a fourth (is that what it was?) to move up two spots. Plus they figured noone would move into the 25th. The teams from 22 to 25 were set at QB and I guess they were confident no one would move up.

3. just because he knew he could. there wasn't much risk in passing him up, Tebow most likely wasn't going to go until the 2nd round and Demaryius might have gone immediately after Denver's 1st pick

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Except they ended up moving up in order to secure him, which means that a team was after Tebrow.
    Some random guy:

"Like I have been telling you for the past two months: The Oakland Raiders will draft Campbell."

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010

It seems likely that Denver thought they could wait a little longer to get Tebow. It seems possible that Baltimore initiated the call with Denver and told them Buffalo was trying to move up to their spot. Tebow to Buffalo was a hot pick and Denver probably realized that Tebow might not be there if they waited. With Baltimore dangling the threat of Buffalo in front of Denver, they got anxious and pulled the trigger, probably overpaying in the process. Buffalo actually admitted they were trying to move up, but said Tebow wasn't in their plans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-our-plans/

Popular speculation is that they wanted to move up for Dan Williams. It's also possible the move really was for Tebow and they are simply saying it wasn't after the fact to make up for not getting him. Either way, credit Baltimore for being able to get the most out of the trade. Also credit Denver for having the balls to pull the trigger on a guy they truly felt was the right move for their football team. Whether it works out for them or not remains to be seen, but if a guy is there and you think he's the difference maker your football team needs, you have to go get him. Especially if that guy is a potential franchise quarterback.

#15 jerseys in Denver should start selling like hotcakes, now that their old #15 is on my Miami Dolphins.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by cutty View Post
    just because he knew he could. there wasn't much risk in passing him up, Tebow most likely wasn't going to go until the 2nd round and Demaryius might have gone immediately after Denver's 1st pick
    I dunno about that. They reportedly traded up the 2nd time because the Bills were trying to do the same.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NCAAB Record (1-2)
    Next Game - 11/29 @ Loyola (Md.)(1-1)
    Last Game - 11/19 @ St. Bonaventure (1-2) W 73-70
    Prize Pool Total = $2

Season long bets

Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
    Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
    Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
    Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
    Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
    Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
    Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
    Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Because he's Josh McDaniels and he does whatever the **** he wants.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Vbsiena View Post
    I dunno about that. They reportedly traded up the 2nd time because the Bills were trying to do the same.
    Buddy Nix said straight out he never wanted Tebow today. He did admit to trying to trade up, but to get another player. My guess is Dan Williams.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lo...d-4c9200cdcdd5

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Because he's Josh McDaniels and he does whatever the **** he wants.
    I've been using this meme religiously as of late.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010

Can people confirm that they can actually see my posts? Because it seems like people just repeat the exact things I said like my post doesn't exist...

It's cool, I'm just wondering.

On topic, Josh McDaniels did go 8-8 last year with a squad most people pegged as a 2-4 win team, so he must have something go in there. And it's not like Tim Tebow is the worst round pick ever. If he wins Denver some Super Bowls, a lot of trash talkers are going to look silly, but since this is the internet there will be no consequences. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread