+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow helps Jags sell tickets to opener

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009

I find it funny they couldnt sell out a game that matter for the playoffs at the end last year but theyre going to sell out one so that people can see the away teams back-up

2. They missed an opportunity to ignite a huge interest in their team. Makes it 10x worse that they used their #10 pick on Alualu.

3. Tebow offered short term financial gain at the expensive of wasting a 1st round pick on a ****ty QB. People won't pay to see a bust, so you'd get maybe a season out of him before his star collapses into a black hole.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Tebow offered short term financial gain at the expensive of wasting a 1st round pick on a ****ty QB. People won't pay to see a bust, so you'd get maybe a season out of him before his star collapses into a black hole.
    Doesn't matter what you think about Tebow, the fact is that he will raise interest. Get folks in the seats and then impress them with everything else you have to offer. Once season tickets are sold, they are sold. People will come to the games. Its not like the Jags are a bad team to begin with. Tyson does not inherently bring a following with him nor will he have enough of an impact on the team to get new fans in the seats.
    Last edited by Midguy; 04-26-2010 at 04:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Tebow offered short term financial gain at the expensive of wasting a 1st round pick on a ****ty QB. People won't pay to see a bust, so you'd get maybe a season out of him before his star collapses into a black hole.
    It's not so much that the pick should've been Tebow, but I can't think of a pick they could've made that would've resulted in less ticket sales than the one they did.

6. Its almost gross how this dude gets props for first off winning 2 national titles when he won 1, how he can do no wrong when he taunts the opposing team when they are winning but cries(literally) and wants sympathy when they lose. Amazing how he gets no flak for being a complete product of beig surrounded by elite talent but Bradford gets grilled for it. Dude is a complete drama queen/slash attention whore an his parents soak it all up as mr. and mrs. perfect. Look I respect him because he's a NFL player but the dude is complete ass and I don't care how much he changes his motion, he still can't stand in the same room with clausen and definitely not Bradford.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tre-nitty View Post
    Its almost gross how this dude gets props for first off winning 2 national titles when he won 1, how he can do no wrong when he taunts the opposing team when they are winning but cries(literally) and wants sympathy when they lose. Amazing how he gets no flak for being a complete product of beig surrounded by elite talent but Bradford gets grilled for it. Dude is a complete drama queen/slash attention whore an his parents soak it all up as mr. and mrs. perfect. Look I respect him because he's a NFL player but the dude is complete ass and I don't care how much he changes his motion, he still can't stand in the same room with clausen and definitely not Bradford.
    I like you.

Blue is online now Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I like you.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I know this is pretty much apples to oranges and too late as it is, but I when Walt brought this idea up I remember the Bucks drafted Yi Jianlian. Yeah, the Bradley Center saw an increase in people, but the attendance was still weak and when the buzz wore off, it was clear Yi was pretty much a bust and was traded away. Now without him, we have a much better team, attendance is its best in years AND we're in the playoffs, without the gimmick to sell tickets
    And now for something completely different

10. Yeah, yeah, but for all the **** yall talk about Tebow, most of you will be watching if/when he plays. Whether its out of curiosity, support, or hatred, people will watch him. And that's really the point. More people care about him one way or another than anyone else on that team. Maybe not for the long term, but in the short term, he would definitely increase interest.

+ Reply to Thread