+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Tebow helps Jags sell tickets to opener

1. Quote Originally Posted by TeHDruiD View Post
    Their is no proof either way, so how am I wrong? lol - that's the thing you're missing. You're assuming that Tebow wouldn't fix things, just like I'm assuming he would. Jersey sales don't necessarily mean anything, you're right, BUT the fact that his is flying off the shelves is proof that he's a very marketable individual and one fans want to see. Over 900 people showed up to get his $160 autographs, that's another bit of proof that people want to see Tebow. When the Broncos drafted Tebow the Jaguars had significant increases in the amount of calls for tickets, which again is proof people want to see Tebow.

But yeah, nobody knows whose right in this whole thing, but all of those things I just stated are strong indicators that Tebow is a hot commodity and one that would increase ticket sales. Am I wrong? If so, please explain why.
    The GM has nothing to do with the marketing of the team. His job is to pick players that will help his team win. Sure, maybe Tebow would have kept the support afloat for 2 years but when they realize he has no business being an NFL QB, those same bandwagon fans will hop off and get googly-eyed over someone else and the Jags will have the same problem.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
    RB-
    WR-Anquan Boldin
    WR-Doug Baldwin
    WR-Mohamed Sanu
    TE-Kyle Rudolph
    LT-Eugene Monroe
    LG-Matt Slauson
    C-Roberto Garza
    RG-Willie Colon
    RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
    DT-Terrance Knighton
    DT-Tony McDaniel
    DE-Robert Ayers
    OLB-Malcolm Smith
    MLB-Kiko Alonso
    OLB-
    CB-Alterraun Verner
    CB-
    FS-Michael Griffin
    SS-Marcus Gilchrist

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    The GM has nothing to do with the marketing of the team. His job is to pick players that will help his team win. Sure, maybe Tebow would have kept the support afloat for 2 years but when they realize he has no business being an NFL QB, those same bandwagon fans will hop off and get googly-eyed over someone else and the Jags will have the same problem.
    Then you draft Brantley. Problem solved!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Change your name to the Florida Gators and hope you trick people into buying season tickets.
    Colts CMD

QB-Peyton Manning
    RB-
    WR-Anquan Boldin
    WR-Doug Baldwin
    WR-Mohamed Sanu
    TE-Kyle Rudolph
    LT-Eugene Monroe
    LG-Matt Slauson
    C-Roberto Garza
    RG-Willie Colon
    RT-Joe Barksdale

DE-Michael Bennett
    DT-Terrance Knighton
    DT-Tony McDaniel
    DE-Robert Ayers
    OLB-Malcolm Smith
    MLB-Kiko Alonso
    OLB-
    CB-Alterraun Verner
    CB-
    FS-Michael Griffin
    SS-Marcus Gilchrist

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by TeHDruiD View Post
    Their is no proof either way, so how am I wrong? lol - that's the thing you're missing.
    I'm not missing anything. Burden of proof is always on the positive. You have to prove that he can and you haven't.

You're assuming that Tebow wouldn't fix things, just like I'm assuming he would.
    Read the above.

Jersey sales don't necessarily mean anything, you're right, BUT the fact that his is flying off the shelves is proof that he's a very marketable individual and one fans want to see. Over 900 people showed up to get his $160 autographs, that's another bit of proof that people want to see Tebow.
    Unless those fans openly said they would buy season tickets to watch Bustbow carry a clipboard, it's not proof. Not to mention the Senior Bowl week is an entirely different animal from the NFL regular season.

When the Broncos drafted Tebow the Jaguars had significant increases in the amount of calls for tickets, which again is proof people want to see Tebow.
    Getting calls isn't selling tickets. They can call and ask for prices, but that doesn't mean they'll buy 'em. Gator fans didn't do so beforehand when we've drafted Gators before and I doubt St. Timmy would've been any different.

But yeah, nobody knows whose right in this whole thing, but all of those things I just stated are strong indicators that Tebow is a hot commodity and one that would increase ticket sales. Am I wrong? If so, please explain why.
    Our season tickets sales have already increased and had been doing so since before the draft and are still doing so now without the help of Tebow. Though, you wouldn't actually know that since all the media outlets and guys like Walt want to fawn over Tebow instead of you know... being objective and stuff.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Geez, I do not know which arguments are more like beating a dead horse. This one or Clausen.

+ Reply to Thread