+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Ireland Apologizes for Asking If Dez Bryants Mum Was a Prostitute

SanchoPanza is offline Sawft Mod Justice A... Great... Playa... Like... JaMarcus...

Jeff Ireland Apologizes for Asking If Dez Bryants Mum Was a Prostitute

Well, this is a surprise.

Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland admits he was out of line when he asked Dez Bryant if Bryant's mother was a prostitute in a pre-draft interview.

"My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm consider drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him.

"I appreciate his acceptance of that apology and I told him I wished him well as he embarks on his NFL career."

On one hand, we're impressed Ireland has confronted the issue head on.

Then again, this apology never would have happened unless a story came out about it.

We'll give the Dolphins some credit. Whether Ireland was compelled to release this statement from above or not, it's better that the organization own up to the mistake and move on.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-dez-bryant/

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Haha. Classic question. Makes you wonder if he asked Clausen if he was beaten a kid to be so angry and full of hate

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009

I just have to wonder how straight faced you could ask that question. "Is your mom a whore for money?" Or "has you mom ever been paid for her 'services'?". Then again he could have asked how much she charges.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mycarman View Post
    Haha. Classic question. Makes you wonder if he asked Clausen if he was beaten a kid to be so angry and full of hate
    Maybe he was turned down by Dez Bryant's mom?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

A mock transcript:

"Ireland: So Dez, is it true your mom is a dish rag crack whore?
    Bryant: Ya….hey wait a minute….
    Ireland: Thank you
    Bryant: What?
    Ireland: Thank you"

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Lol wtf?! Who asks that question with a straight face?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NCAAB Record (1-2)
    Next Game - 11/29 @ Loyola (Md.)(1-1)
    Last Game - 11/19 @ St. Bonaventure (1-2) W 73-70
    Prize Pool Total = $2

Season long bets

Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
    Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
    Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
    Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
    Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
    Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
    Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
    Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Some questions asked by GMs/scouts, etc. at the combine.

"That’s a wise idea given the demeaning, offensive and possibly actionable evaluation process that was used to assess Bryant’s fitness to catch passes for Miami, a franchise that apparently holds nothing sacred in such contexts.

In recent weeks, we’ve heard about some preposterous questions that have been tossed at this year’s top draft prospects, including one team’s query to defensive tackle Gerald McCoy(notes) during an interview at the NFL scouting combine: Do you play in a G-string or a jock strap? (Creepy.)

Safety Myron Rolle(notes), who passed up his senior season at Florida State to accept a Rhodes Scholarship, said he was asked by the Bucs what it felt like to desert his team. (Ignorant.)

Recently, Heisman runner-up Toby Gerhart(notes) told me one team asked him if being a white running back made him feel “entitled.” (Nonsensical.)

And the question Bryant claims Ireland asked, which came with only a desk in between them? I must say I’m rather impressed – with the size of the GM’s cojones, and with the comprehensive coverage that’s evidently offered by the Dolphins’ dental plan.

“I don’t care who you are or who you’re talking to – that kind of question usually gets your [expletive] teeth kicked in,” says former NFL lineman Kyle Turley(notes). “I mean, where do these people come from? That’s just completely [expletive] classless and totally unprofessional.”

Per Yahoo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008

well to irelands defense he did have to find out why dez had this bad attiitude. however it is still a bad question to ask anyway

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008

ow and one more thing on the rolle question that scout shoulda been fired even brushi said he would take the rhodes scholar opp had he had the chance. you don't turn down that type off opp casue it is once in lifetime did rolle cost himself millons yea.

but he actually uses his brain and has future outside of football were as someone like say dez mioght not have the same opps after football.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I would pay per view these interviews 110% if I could (for a pretty high amount of money).

+ Reply to Thread