+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: Response to Walt's stupid Broncos season preview

  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,368

    I was hoping to see some: "ZOMFG U R SUCH A RE TARD N DE BRONCOS R ASEME N UR JUST A DUMB JELUS H8ER N HORTON N THE OTER BRONCOS R AWESOME" type of e-mails. The Scott M e-mail was clearly a homer, especially with him denying the fact that the Broncos D-Line is garbage
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Full out pessimistic fan since January 17th, 2010

    San Diego Chargers (1-0)
    Toronto Maple Leafs (35-37-10, 80 points) - 13th Eastern Conference

  2. Walter's Avatar
    Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,322

    Quote Originally Posted by EL Guapo View Post
    At least you get passionate responses from people.
    Oh yeah. I'd rather get hate mail than no mail. Shows people are reading.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosCon View Post
    Walt, I know YOU watch the Bronco games, but I do question what games most Broncos fans watch because I don't think they want to see the real team. Having said that, I don't know why you're so adamant that Jamaal Williams is done. I know he isn't the player he was 5 years ago. We'll see how much he has left.
    I mean, maybe he has something left in the tank, but there's a reason the Chargers didn't want to bring him back. He's 34 and just signed a contract, so it's not even like he's in a contract year and has a lot to play for.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,368

    Oh, and as for you saying that Jamal Williams is the worst starting starting NT in the league (except for the Chiefs one), why do you say that? Is it because he's coming off the injury and his skills are so diminished? I'm not questioning that (and I sort of agree), I just haven't heard anyone say that before.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Full out pessimistic fan since January 17th, 2010

    San Diego Chargers (1-0)
    Toronto Maple Leafs (35-37-10, 80 points) - 13th Eastern Conference

  4. Walter's Avatar
    Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,322

    Quote Originally Posted by LTomlinson31 View Post
    Oh, and as for you saying that Jamal Williams is the worst starting starting NT in the league (except for the Chiefs one), why do you say that? Is it because he's coming off the injury and his skills are so diminished? I'm not questioning that (and I sort of agree), I just haven't heard anyone say that before.
    I just went through all the starting 3-4 NTs in the league and asked myself whom I'd rather have. The only NT I wouldn't rather have over Williams is whomever starts for the Chiefs.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    302

    epic thread title
    sorry if I opened the flood gates :P

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The grind
    Posts
    16,225

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I just went through all the starting 3-4 NTs in the league and asked myself whom I'd rather have. The only NT I wouldn't rather have over Williams is whomever starts for the Chiefs.
    Walt, you are taking the rookie for San Diego over Williams?

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Now Residing in Wooster Ohio
    Posts
    15,874

    YOU GAVE THE BROWNS A BAD GRADE WALT! YOU'RE A HATER!

    eh, people really need to think before opening their mouths. Just because you dont agree doesnt make you a hater.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

    Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

  8. Walter's Avatar
    Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,322

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosCon View Post
    Walt, you are taking the rookie for San Diego over Williams?
    No, I didn't factor in rookies, so same goes with Arizona's Dan Williams.

  9. Walter's Avatar
    Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,322

    From Rodney A:

    You knocked the offense pretty hard. Some teams catch the NFL by surprise, and you missed the boat by focusing on the Cutler and Marshall moves.McDaniels is building a team that most haven't noticed. And this is the guy that broke nearly every offensive record known to man in 2007. He made the water-boy a pro-bowl QB in 2008. And he made "noodle armed" Kyle Orton out perform the "franchise QB" Jay Cutler in 2009. How do you not see what's being built offensively?

    Skill positions:
    QB Tim Tebow – 22 – 1st round
    WR D. Thomas – 22 – 1st round
    WR Eddie Royal – 24 – 2nd round
    WR Eric Decker – 23 – 3rd round
    RB K. Moreno – 22 – 1st round
    TE R. Quinn – 23 – 2nd round

    Offensive Line:
    LT Ryan Clady – 23 – 1st round
    OG Chris Kuper – 27 – 5th round
    OC JD Walton – 23 – 3rd round
    OG Zane Beadles – 23 – 2nd round
    RT Ryan Harris – 25 – 3rd round

    Those guys don't all have to work out for this offense to be great.




    My Response:



    I'm not sure how you can say Kyle Orton outperformed Jay Cutler. Orton had better numbers, but you can't even compare the two supporting casts. You have to compare Cutler's 2008 to Orton's 2009 because it's the same offense. The 2008 Cutler was undoubtedly better than the 2009 Orton, who will never lead a team deep into the playoffs because of his weak arm.

    Those are promising players you listed with a ton of upside, but there's no guarantee any of them will pan out. Regardless, it's irrelevant for my 2009 preview because Tim Tebow and Eric Decker aren't even going to play this year, while Demaryius Thomas is a really raw receiver.




  10. Walter's Avatar
    Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,322

    From Alex A:

    I respect your work Sir. It's apparent you put much thought and effort into breaking down the season of each 32 NFL teams. But your opinion on the Broncos is wrong. I get that you don't like Coach McDaniels, and you don't have to. Time will judge you and I for who was right and wrong about him. But what's your deal with the Broncos defense? You called the line garbage. Do you know who Jamal Williams is?

    Jamal Williams was an elite nose tackle averaging 15 starts per year from 2003 to 2008 (other high-claiber NT's average starts during that span: Gregg - 13, Robinson - 12, Rogers - 14, Ferguson - 11, Hampton - 13). He then had a triceps injury in 2009 and got a fifteen game rest & recuperation period for it. He's now a well rested and re-energized Denver Bronco.

    J-Will is only a few years above the average age for starting NT's and has less starts than many of the others. The average age for a starter in the middle of a 34 is 31. Nine of the thirteen 3-4 teams in this league employ a starter in the middle who is 30 or older (Bryan Robinson, Kelly Gregg, Shaun Rogers, Jamal Williams, Ryan Pickett, Edwards, Ferguson, Jenkins, and Hampton).

    Look up games, watch film, or check the sites that give stats on D Linemen. Jamal Williams is absolutely elite. You've got him wrong like most had Brian Dawkins wrong. P.S. Justin Bannan isn't just a throw-in guy. He was a big part of the Ravens run defense. You do understand that the Broncos replaced each of the men from the starting lineup that were responsible for run-defense right?

    As for the offense, you don't have to think it's improved. But do you truly think that it's digressed that badly? In its second year? I get that you hate D. Thomas, but how is it that you think neither he, Royal, or Decker will be able to pick up slack left by Marshall? TE is a weak area. But that's it. The line is improved and red-zone will get much better in Moreno's second year (and with Tebow in red-zone packages).

    You do get that last year was the first year in a new system on both sides of the ball, right? You don't have to like the idea that Coach changed from the ZB Scheme to understand that it takes either time or new players. And you don't really think that Clady is now garbage due to the change, do you?

    Your take... it's wrong. But more importantly, your tone, it's all wrong. The Broncos might not win more than ten games in 2010, but there's more progress than you give credit for. Did you research information coming out of OTA's regarding Ayers and Moreno before you wrote your write?


    My Response:

    I have no problem with Josh McDaniels. I neither hate nor like him. Living in Philly, I neither hate nor like the Broncos. I'm just giving you my honest take.

    Jamal Williams was a great nose tackle from 2003 to 2008. Just like Torry Holt was a great receiver from 2003 to 2008. But Holt stinks now, and Williams is pretty much done as well. There's a reason the Chargers got rid of him.

    Justin Bannan was a big part of Baltimore's defense? He was certainly a solid role player, but he started two games last year. In the two playoff games, he played only 40 of about 140 snaps. That's not a big part.

    I don't hate Demaryius Thomas; he's just an overrated player. Maybe he'll pan out - the draft is a crapshoot - but he certainly is raw.

    Clady's not garbage, but he's just not a good fit for a power scheme.

    Like I told other Bronco fans who e-mailed me, if you want a biased preview, go to DenverBroncos.com or any Broncos site. If you want an honest, unbiased take on how your team will do this year, then you just read it on my site. Last year I was off by 2.1 or 2.2 wins in my previews, so chances are Denver will win 4-8 games.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts