View Poll Results: When To Lock Waivers (refer to post #2368)

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • After Fantasy Playoffs are Over

13 61.90%
  • After NFL Playoffs (Superbowl) is Over

8 38.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 542
FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 5417

Thread: Walterfootball Dynasty League Year 4 Discussion Thread

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by McNulty View Post
    I'm gonna use my jedi mind tricks again and get Richardson fall to me

I still can't get over how bad my initial draft was in this thing
    Rounds 2-4 for me where Shonn Green, Jahvid Best, and $teve $mith.

2. Quote Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
    So looking at people's rosters and thinking about trades tonight gave me a random idea...

What about PPR?

It seems like every team in the league is completely running back starved, since we have the 2 RB spots and a flex and it's extremely tough for WR to compete with even average RBs for that flex.

I know that a change probably isn't fair to a lot of people since that wasn't how we drafted initially (and I'll readily admit it'd add relative value for almost every one of my starting position players), but it seems like it might be something to at least consider while we don't have much else to do over the offseason.
    Absolutely not. We didn't draft our teams 2 years ago with PPR in mind. A drastic change like that takes a team like mine from being one of the best teams to one of the worst. I'm obviously not the only one this would affect, but regardless of who it benefits/hurts, its not fair to make drastic scoring changes like that because we don't have the ability to go back in time and change the way we drafted.

You guys know that there is a huge difference between how you draft for a PPR team and a traditional scoring team and since the initial draft and subsequent trades hold even more importance in a dynasty league (due to lack of depth on waivers and the fact that you're stuck with these guys for years) it just seems crazy to me to even consider making such a rule change. Why don't we add a 2nd QB's while we're at it? Or add a 10 point bonus for throwing over 400 yards? Or maybe double the points scored by defense? Or eliminate the TE position so that whoever wasted their picks on Gates or Gronk get screwed. I think that drastic changes like that undermine the purpose of a dynasty league and are more suited for a bunch of guys who just get together each year and redraft new teams.
    Last edited by Midguy; 04-18-2012 at 03:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Midguy View Post
    Absolutely not. We didn't draft our teams 2 years ago with PPR in mind. A drastic change like that takes a team like mine from being one of the best teams to one of the worst. I'm obviously not the only one this would affect, but regardless of who it benefits/hurts, its not fair to make drastic scoring changes like that because we don't have the ability to go back in time and change the way we drafted.

You guys know that there is a huge difference between how you draft for a PPR team and a traditional scoring team and since the initial draft and subsequent trades hold even more importance in a dynasty league (due to lack of depth on waivers and the fact that you're stuck with these guys for years) it just seems crazy to me to even consider making such a rule change. Why don't we add a 2nd QB's while we're at it? Or add a 10 point bonus for throwing over 400 yards? Or maybe double the points scored by defense? Or eliminate the TE position so that whoever wasted their picks on Gates or Gronk get screwed. I think that drastic changes like that undermine the purpose of a dynasty league and are more suited for a bunch of guys who just get together each year and redraft new teams.
    So your against it? Just want to be clear since you are kind of on the fence.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009

So the skill position guys drafted so far are
    RB Richardson (Browns)
    WR Blackmon (Jags)
    WR Floyd (Cards)
    WR Wright (Titans)
    RB Martin (Bucs)
    RB Wilson (Giants)
    and the QB's obviously.

Not loving the the third pick right now.

5. Definitely a hit to Blackmon's value. I mean I guess its possible Gabbert somehow becomes an NFL quarterback but...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007

David Wilson please. Joe McKnight is available

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009

VB you need to reset our league on ESPN so we can access the teams/league.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
    Definitely a hit to Blackmon's value. I mean I guess its possible Gabbert somehow becomes an NFL quarterback but...
    Agreed. I was thinking about taking him at 2 but I can't do it now.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
    VB you need to reset our league on ESPN so we can access the teams/league.
    I can do it too, just not sure if there any settings that can't be undone once you reset the league. Most likely everything can be changed, but I'll hold for now.

10. Quote Originally Posted by JLash View Post
    Agreed. I was thinking about taking him at 2 but I can't do it now.
    Barkley could be throwing to him in another year, so you shouldn't just throw Blackmon out as a choice... Unless you're really trying hard to compete this year.

+ Reply to Thread