+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Hampton: Vikings should hit New Orleans "like Katrina"

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Dan Hampton: Vikings should hit New Orleans "like Katrina"

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 5, 2010 2:14 PM ET
    There are TV analysts who choose their words poorly, there are people who really stick their feet in their mouths, and then there's Dan Hampton.

Hampton, the Hall of Fame Chicago Bears defensive lineman, made what will (I hope) go down as the most offensive comment of the 2010 football season when he was previewing Thursday's game between the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints for the Pro Football Weekly television show.

Said Hampton, "The Vikings need to go down there and hit that town like Katrina."

Wow.

I really can't imagine what on earth made Hampton think a Hurricane Katrina reference was a clever line to insert into his prediction for a game being played in New Orleans, but I feel confident saying that Hampton will open next week's show with an apology.

If he's on next week's show at all.

Okay I understand that there is freedom of speech and stuff, and that he was probably just wantin to be provocating but I think that he crossed a line..

2. I'm not going to pretend to be offended or anything. If a friend made that comment, I'd chuckle. But as a professional, you have to be smarter than that.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Wow.... I think the whole political correctness thing is highly overrated, but this is just terrible.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    Wow.... I think the whole political correctness thing is highly overrated, but this is just terrible.
    This, I mean Katrina was just terrible and destroyed and took so much away.......

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Katrina is probably the single-most overrated disaster in US history. During the flood a couple of years ago, half of the state of Iowa was taken out, far exceeding the damage levels that New Orleans took, but on a national level nobody cared.

WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    I agree that people trying to be PC all the time gets really annoying, but to make a crack at a devastating natural disaster that killed so many and left so much destruction in its wake is just wrong. People are verrrry bitter in the South about Katrina and how the government responded. To use Katrina in a crack like this is beyond an insult to anyone who had their homes destroyed, their lives ruined, or even a loved one loss. If you are going to be on TV for your job and speak in front of potentially millions of people you need to be smarter than that.

7. I was in New Orleans about 2 years after Katrina and part of the city was still un-liveable. Over/under on his public apology is 1.5 days

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Katrina is probably the single-most overrated disaster in US history. During the flood a couple of years ago, half of the state of Iowa was taken out, far exceeding the damage levels that New Orleans took, but on a national level nobody cared.
    "Yeah man I hear you. The Jew-Run media only cares when the blacks meet a crisis. You never hear mention of the good all-american Whites in Iowa that had an even worse time."

jesus christ dude you are a scumbag
    The NFL has JUST been put on notice....

1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, 2010

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Stop letting the press dictate your beliefs. The press is corrupt and fueled by corporations.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by cutty View Post
    I was in New Orleans about 2 years after Katrina and part of the city was still un-liveable. Over/under on his public apology is 1.5 days
    My father was down in the Gulf helping clean the oiled birds and said there was still sheet metal in the trees, run down houses, and tons of debris all over. The Gulf still needs help getting back on their feet, not to mention with the BP **** they have to deal with now. BP has royally ****ed the Gulf, used dispersant that has made the oil break up and sink to the sea floor. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far in the Gulf and BP is using propaganda through the press to lull people into a false state of mind that the "crisis" is over and the "well is capped". Oh and another oil rig just blew up only 80 miles of the coast (http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/09/...ulf-of-mexico/).

There is so much more I could get into about how the government has armed guards protecting the oiled dead birds because every single dead bird is a piece of evidence against BP in a multi billion dollar case. Or perhaps how people who go down to clean the birds have to sign a contract stating they won't release any information to the press about procedural information. Or perhaps how the government won't let the bird rescuers onto the barrier islands where the majority of the birds nest because they want the focus to be on the coastal beaches so the local tourism economy can bounce back.

Don't let the press dictate your views and opinions for your. They are hiding so much truth and justice it is a despicable.

(Sorry for the rant... some things just need to be said)

+ Reply to Thread