+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Seahawks 31, 49ers 6. Nuff said?

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Seahawks 31, 49ers 6. Nuff said?

I would like to thank everyone who doubted the Seahawks. You just made some hardcore Seahawks fans and "risky" betters a lot of money. Because the Seahawks beating the favored division champs, and quite decisively I might say, I just wanted to hear what people thought about this game and if anyone has a change of opinion after it.

I will admit that the Seahawks still need to get their run game going pretty desperately, but then again they were playing against the 49ers. On a happier note the Seahawks D was able to make Alex Smith, who many thought would have a break out year this season, look like a fool as well as shut down Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, and to some extent Vernon Davis. The defense also managed to accumulate 2 INTs (1 for a TD) as well as pressure Smith (although only posting 2 sacks). I wont even get into the run defense that limited the Niners to 2.6 ypc.

As for the offense Hasselbeck made an early mistake with an INT on the first play from scrimmage, but followed it up with 2 TDs through the air, 1 TD on the ground, a 78.3% comp, and a QB Rating of 108.3. Oh and only sacked 1 time with freaking Polumbus playing LT. Forsett managed 43 yds on 7 carries (6.1 ypc), although Orange Julius still had the most carries with 8 (seriously Carroll?). Mike Williams looked great, Deon butler caught a TD on a fantastic route, Carlson had some trouble but got it going late in the game, and even Dieon Branch had a pretty snazzy TD catch that left Carroll looking dumbfounded.

Is this enough of a statement for people to stop *****ing about how bad the Seahawks are? Maybe not quite yet, but it certainly has to change the mindset of most towards Pete Carroll, Matt Hasselbeck, and the Seattle Seahawks. We will have to wait and see how they do on the road because it is obvious Quest Field and the North West fans have quite an influence on the outcome of games, but this is a great sign and hopefully enough to turn some heads.

Now that I am done with my homeristic rant I would love to hear what everyone else's thoughts are on this game. One must also take into account that this could be a sign that the Niners aren't what they were built up to be. None the less this outcome should make any Seahawks fan proud.

EDIT: (BTW I have been out of town for the weekend and really didn't feel like sifting through the week 1 live in game thread for thoughts and opinions on the Seahawks game. Sorry for the inconvenience but I thought a showing of this caliber deserved some individual attention)

TeHDruiD is offline WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF Perennial Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by CreamRanger View Post
    I would like to thank everyone who doubted the Seahawks. You just made some hardcore Seahawks fans and "risky" betters a lot of money. Because the Seahawks beating the favored division champs, and quite decisively I might say, I just wanted to hear what people thought about this game and if anyone has a change of opinion after it.

I will admit that the Seahawks still need to get their run game going pretty desperately, but then again they were playing against the 49ers. On a happier note the Seahawks D was able to make Alex Smith, who many thought would have a break out year this season, look like a fool as well as shut down Frank Gore, Michael Crabtree, and to some extent Vernon Davis. The defense also managed to accumulate 2 INTs (1 for a TD) as well as pressure Smith (although only posting 2 sacks). I wont even get into the run defense that limited the Niners to 2.6 ypc.

As for the offense Hasselbeck made an early mistake with an INT on the first play from scrimmage, but followed it up with 2 TDs through the air, 1 TD on the ground, a 78.3% comp, and a QB Rating of 108.3. Oh and only sacked 1 time with freaking Polumbus playing LT. Forsett managed 43 yds on 7 carries (6.1 ypc), although Orange Julius still had the most carries with 8 (seriously Carroll?). Mike Williams looked great, Deon butler caught a TD on a fantastic route, Carlson had some trouble but got it going late in the game, and even Dieon Branch had a pretty snazzy TD catch that left Carroll looking dumbfounded.

Is this enough of a statement for people to stop *****ing about how bad the Seahawks are? Maybe not quite yet, but it certainly has to change the mindset of most towards Pete Carroll, Matt Hasselbeck, and the Seattle Seahawks. We will have to wait and see how they do on the road because it is obvious Quest Field and the North West fans have quite an influence on the outcome of games, but this is a great sign and hopefully enough to turn some heads.

Now that I am done with my homeristic rant I would love to hear what everyone else's thoughts are on this game. One must also take into account that this could be a sign that the Niners aren't what they were built up to be. None the less this outcome should make any Seahawks fan proud.

EDIT: (BTW I have been out of town for the weekend and really didn't feel like sifting through the week 1 live in game thread for thoughts and opinions on the Seahawks game. Sorry for the inconvenience but I thought a showing of this caliber deserved some individual attention)
    Did you listen to our advice and attend the game?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Alex Smith sucks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Stupid 49ers cost me $$

How did Leon Washington look?
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008

You beat Alex Smith.

What's next? A thread telling us how you beat Glass Joe in Punchout?

6. Quote Originally Posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    You beat Alex Smith.

What's next? A thread telling us how you beat Glass Joe in Punchout?
    bwahahaha Glass Joe does suck. This was the only game I've lost so far. It will be interesting to see if Hasselbeck can stay healthy and on his game.

7. The Seahawks still kind of suck. 49ers offense is just terrible.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010

A few pre-game observations from Walter:

-I'd suggest that Pete Carroll should beg Mike Singletary to blitz only once every four downs like in two-hand touch football, but it might not even matter because San Francisco should be able to get to Matt Hasselbeck with a simple four-man rush.

-I really don't see how the Seahawks are going to score at all in this contest. The 49ers are going to shut down the run with ease, and the Seahawks don't have the receivers who will be able to get open against most NFL secondaries. And as indicated earlier, Seattle's offensive line is the biggest issue.

-The 49ers should be able to walk away with an easy victory. This looks like a Week 1 gift from Vegas so bettors can build up their bankroll.

....indeed.

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
    A few pre-game observations from Walter:

-I'd suggest that Pete Carroll should beg Mike Singletary to blitz only once every four downs like in two-hand touch football, but it might not even matter because San Francisco should be able to get to Matt Hasselbeck with a simple four-man rush.

-I really don't see how the Seahawks are going to score at all in this contest. The 49ers are going to shut down the run with ease, and the Seahawks don't have the receivers who will be able to get open against most NFL secondaries. And as indicated earlier, Seattle's offensive line is the biggest issue.

-The 49ers should be able to walk away with an easy victory. This looks like a Week 1 gift from Vegas so bettors can build up their bankroll.

....indeed.
    Can't win all my top plays. I am only human.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Just messin with you Walt. It just feels really good to show doubters wrong.

+ Reply to Thread