+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colt McCoy, how did he do?

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Colt McCoy, how did he do?

I thought he looked surprisingly good. He looked poised, confident, in command of the offense, and was pointing out to receivers open spots when he had no place to go before taking off if that didnt open up. He showed solid arm strength I wasn't expecting too which was a huge knock on him coming into the draft.

Stats wise he was great. 23 for 33 passing, 8.5 yards per attempt, for 281 Yards, 69.7% Percent Completions, 1 Touchdown, 2 Interceptions, and 4 rushes for 22 yards.

I don't know if I should be encouraged or worried. What do you guys think?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

2. Those stats against any other team id say he did pretty good. but against the pittsburgh steeler defense.... he was amazing especially for a rookie

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrady View Post
    Those stats against any other team id say he did pretty good. but against the pittsburgh steeler defense.... he was amazing especially for a rookie
    That's why I was wondering if I should be worried. If McCoy plays well next week you know the Browns wont take a QB in 2011.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Mike Tomlin was even impressed.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Maybe McCoy is the real deal.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Only saw the first drive on redzone and he looked pretty calm and didn't freak out like we thought he would. Seemed in control.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010

I was very happy with what he did today. I don't want to get my hopes up, but maybe the Browns have finally found a competent QB.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I really like McCoy in college and I hope he can prove all the doubters wrong. Plus it would be nice to see something finally go right for the Brownies.

Although he certainly wasn't great I think he did an amazing job considering the situation. Any word on if he is going to keep starting from here on out?

TeHDruiD is offline WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF Perennial Pro Bowler

He surpassed my expectations by a lot. The first INT was on a good pass to Ben Watson that he tipped to the defender, the 2nd one was a rookie mistake. He looked poised and stood in the face of one of the nastiest pass rushing defenses he's going to see and delivered accurate passes down field know he was going to take a hit. I went into this game moping because McCoy was going to be starting, and I came away excited to see him play next week. I was a huge naysayer, and he shut me up for this week. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and he continues this play week in and week out.

Overall, the 28-10 score is deceiving. When you see that you think that the Steelers dominated us. If Stuckey doesn't fumble inside of the 10 yard line things would look a lot different. But woulda coulda shoulda.

What I liked the most is if this is how Colt is going to play every week, we won't need a QB and can get him some weapons to work with. Theirs still a long ways to go, but after 1 week I'm impressed.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007

He will most likely start next week but nobody knows after that due to the bye week. Delhomme is still getting pain killer injections and last I heard Wallace is either still limping pretty badly and most likely wont play. I think it depends on if McCoy can pull of a great game against the Saints.

+ Reply to Thread