FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jimmy Clausen Benched

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010

Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by blue5213 View Post
    Why is John Fox still the coach? There is absolutely nothing to be gained from keeping him until the end of the season-nothing. Carolina fans deserve better than this ****.
    My guess is it saves Richardson money this year to not hire a new coach. Or do you have to promote from within when you fire a coach mid-season? I'm not sure. I guess he kept him around this year to not have to hire a new coach in this give-up season and figures "why fire him if we're not going to win anyway?"

Anyway Richardson is pretty much willingly tanking this year by letting all veterans go and refusing to sign any free agents, just so he can come back with a lot of money if there's a lockout. Fans are pretty annoyed. You can save money without giving up entirely :l
    Last edited by ...; 10-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
    I didn't see anyone who had Bradford and Clausen going 1 and 2 in their mock drafts.
    Well that's because the Lions didn't need a QB.

SanchoPanza is offline Sawft Mod Justice A... Great... Playa... Like... JaMarcus...

Id say he will start again later this season

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Whats the point in benching Clausen?

Regardless of what you think of him Matt Moore is not the answer. Very dumb move and I am by no means a Clausen apologist.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Fox doesn't care about the future though because he won't be back next year. If I were the owner, I wouldn't allow him to make any decisions.
    Go John Fox, go! Ruin Clausen! Take the Panthers out of contention in the NFC South for years to come! It will be your ultimate payback!

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by The Deaner View Post
    Go John Fox, go! Ruin Clausen! Take the Panthers out of contention in the NFC South for years to come! It will be your ultimate payback!
    For what?

And yes, I know you're being (mostly) facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010

The hell if I know, not giving him a new contract this upcoming off-season?

+ Reply to Thread