+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Seattle @ chicago

1. Isn't the real point of a forum for people to express their own personal opinions and see other opinions on the same subject? Not to have ridiculous Nazi mods that ban people for being "idiots" that disagree with them.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010

Also i was super stoned and reading Chronicles of Narnia when I posted that message... I felt the need to go Empress Jadis on that fool.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009

So long Smeags.

Banned!

4. To be fair to Mr. East, his early posts last autumn were interesting. I never bet on a single game in my life and I am completely adverse to gambling, so I wasn't interested in his 'systems'. Nonetheless I read carefully his analysis of match-ups like Utep @ Tulane, because they gave some insightful perspectives to obscure college teams that then I could enjoy more watching.

I think his big mistake was to try to step above Walt - the owner and founder of this website - like he was some sort of competitor in the handicapping job. But in fact Walt is a web sport journalist whose solely purpose in picking teams ATS is to give readers more reasons to come constantly to his site.

5. Walter you are correct about him just posting his winners, he had atlanta -1 (first half) and patriots -6(first half) as well but nowhere on this forum does he post his writeups on those.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The only reason you haven't been banned yet is because you're providing great writing material.
    In all fairness, he has a very good track record with picks...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008

How awesome would this have been if they covered.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
    To be fair to Mr. East, his early posts last autumn were interesting. I never bet on a single game in my life and I am completely adverse to gambling, so I wasn't interested in his 'systems'. Nonetheless I read carefully his analysis of match-ups like Utep @ Tulane, because they gave some insightful perspectives to obscure college teams that then I could enjoy more watching.

I think his big mistake was to try to step above Walt - the owner and founder of this website - like he was some sort of competitor in the handicapping job. But in fact Walt is a web sport journalist whose solely purpose in picking teams ATS is to give readers more reasons to come constantly to his site.
    I so agree with this. When I tried to dig deeper into Mr East's thought process and challenged him on some stuff, he totally flipped and that set off a big red flag for me. Some of his angles were really good. Its a shame he couldn't keep a reasonable dialogue going.

+ Reply to Thread