+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's your No. 2 2011 Tight End?

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Who's your No. 2 2011 Tight End?

Something that I've been wondering for a while now, and is particularly relevant given that Ron Rivera recently expressed a desire to get a complete tight end for his offense and widespread belief that this is the worst TE class in a long time. Regardless of what you think of Kyle Rudolph's draft range, I don't think anyone believes he's not the consensus top tight end in this draft. So who's second? Zach Pianalto of North Carolina, Luke Stocker of Tennessee, and D.J. Williams of Arkansas are the three guys I've heard the most "hype" for. Pianalto seems like more of a blocker, Williams is mostly a souped-up receiver, and Stocker seems like a classic No. 2/No. 3 TE who isn't the best athlete but can get the job done. Williams is my No. 2 for now, and a fringe 3rd-rounder in my book; I'm interested in seeing arguments for Stocker, Pianalto, and maybe guys like Virgil Green, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010

This just isn't the year for need at certain positions including QB and TE. Last year's class was the year of the tight end. Dickson, Hernandez, Pitta, Gronkowski, Moeaki, and Gresham all look very promising. I think D.J. Williams will be #2 after Kyle Rudolph - blocking tight ends just aren't drafted very high.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010

ILB - Denver Broncos

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009

I've been hearing Lance Kendrick's name thrown around in expert circles because of his catching ability.

Carolina is going to first evaluate to see if they have a full TE on their roster, then FA, then the draft. There is no guarantee they will even look TE in the draft *shrugs*

Rely on your own strength of body and soul. Take for your star self-reliance, faith, honesty and industry. Don't take too much advice — keep at the helm and steer your own ship, and remember that the great art of commanding is to take a fair share of the work. Fire above the mark you intend to hit. Energy, invincible determination with the right motive, are the levers that move the world.

- Noah Porter

5. Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRogue View Post
    I've been hearing Lance Kendrick's name thrown around in expert circles because of his catching ability.

Carolina is going to first evaluate to see if they have a full TE on their roster, then FA, then the draft. There is no guarantee they will even look TE in the draft *shrugs*
    As a Badger, it's difficult for me not to hype up Lance Kendricks. He can do it all and the only knock on him is that he needs to get a little thicker for the NFL.

But yeah, I'm not sure I see him as a Panther, can't see much sense in going younger than we already are. I'd be stoked if we got someone like Zach Miller. Keep either Jeff King or Dante Rosario.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010

I am a homer for Luke Stocker But I think Wisconsin's Lance Kendrick is

7. Lance Kendricks is a guy I'm suprised isn't getting more hype. Most be the offense he plays in

Also I failed then I thought for some reason Riveria was still with the Chargers and was talking about Gates haha.
    Team Andrea McNulty gangbang

'Be good or be good at it'

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I know D.J. Williams isnt the best TE, but he might be the best baragin if he can be had in the 3rd or the 4th

9. In the 3 Wisconsin games that I saw this season, Lance Kendricks looked very effective, both in receiving and run blocking. I think he should be the 2nd TE drafted in the next draft.
    “Speed kills. You can’t teach speed, everything else in the game can be taught, but speed is a gift from God.”
    Al Davis

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009

DJ Williams fo sho.

I like the TE from Michigan State, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

+ Reply to Thread