+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.

According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.

Did these NFL teams simply not watch college football until now?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.

According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.

Did these NFL teams simply not watch college football until now?
    Not surprised. I thought he was a 2-4 round guy from the get go. He will still get overdrafted because of his position and physcial tools.

3. I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the late 1st round.
    Pete Carroll may take a chance on him however. He may count on Hasselback for another year o two and get Gabbo ready for the future.
    “Speed kills. You can’t teach speed, everything else in the game can be taught, but speed is a gift from God.”
    Al Davis

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the late 1st round.
    Pete Carroll may take a chance on him however. He may count on Hasselback for another year o two and get Gabbo ready for the future.
    That would be a great situation for the Seahawks.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

6. Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I still don't think he makes it past the Titans. They need a QB.
    I'm not sold on Bud Adams getting rid of VY for nothing, yet.
    “Speed kills. You can’t teach speed, everything else in the game can be taught, but speed is a gift from God.”
    Al Davis

Alastair is offline WF.com Injury Expert Perennial Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
    I'm not sold on Bud Adams getting rid of VY for nothing, yet.
    I don't think the Titans are going to receive anything close to a starting caliber QB for Vince Young. They'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for him.

8. no shit

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Holy ****, order is restored to the world.

Could he go Vikings, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

10. One thing people have to keep in mind is that NFL Scouts haven't seen Gabbert until now. His rise up draft boards has been 100% due to draftniks, which of course doesn't amount to much considering 90% of them have no clue when it comes to real evaluations - scouts inc. included

NFL teams probably don't lift a finger to do anything draft related until their season's over, and even then it's a very slow process.

Give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with Da'Quan Bowers.

+ Reply to Thread