+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by beer bacon View Post
    What LITERALLY came out of nowhere was Gabbert declaring for the 2011 draft. He was rated as a top 2012 draft QB.
    Where did you get that? I didn't follow the 2012 mocks too much before december and the whole hype thing, but I surely don't remember Gabbert being listed as the top QB in any.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
    When the combines come around, he'll be able to make all of the throws and will show better accuracy than Mallett and Locker while showing more arm strength than Newton.
    I guess maybe we should just wait for the combine to come around to say that.

Before the Senior bowl, many people were quite sure that Locker would blow up when he would finally be throwing to good receivers, and we all saw how great that turned out...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by beer bacon View Post
    Who is this Chase Daniels fellow?

Chase Daniel was 6'0 with an average arm that had been playing in Missouri's offense since the 8th grade. Gabbert was the top rated pro style QB in the country coming out of high school. Gabbert has the tools NFL teams look for in QBs. Daniel doesn't.
    Chase has a Super Bowl ring. Fact! How you like dem apples? (anyone who takes this comment seriously needs to lighten up)

4. Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    Missouri still lost, and Gabbert threw the game ending pick.
    Actually, the game ended on a call that reversed a decision that TJ Moe caught a ball for a first down and then Iowa got the ball back and Mizzou's defense couldn't hold. Granted the 2 Ints Gabbert threw were the biggest plays in the game but you're nuts if you're talking 5th round.

5. Gabbert had a better completion rate than Mallet through 3 NCAA seasons. Why would he be "way less accurate"?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I guess maybe we should just wait for the combine to come around to say that.

Before the Senior bowl, many people were quite sure that Locker would blow up when he would finally be throwing to good receivers, and we all saw how great that turned out...
    lol its still funny watching all the Locker **** lickers makes excuses for him.

7. Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Gabbert had a better completion rate than Mallet through 3 NCAA seasons. Why would he be "way less accurate"?
    YPA and watching both Mizzou and Arkansas games will tell you why. Mallett mostly threw to intermediate and long routes. Missouri on the other hand had four to five receivers mostly running short hitches and slants and like. You simply can not miss too many passes on that system.

Mallett had "only" 1.3% better completion rate this past year yet threw 32 touchdowns compared to Gabbert's 16. All things being equal, in Missouri's system a good QB should have at least 5 to 10% BETTER accuracy than in Arkansas system. One shocking thing that stats reveal by the way is that supposed "statue" Mallett, playing in a system where you had to spend lot of time in the pocket, took 25 sacks whereas supposedly mobile QB in spread shotgun offense with 6.71 YPA took 23 sacks last year.

Now don't get me wrong, Mallett has lot of question marks over him and possibly even red flags but you can't question his accuracy and arm. Those are BY FAR best on this draft. In fact, as far as throwing football goes, Mallett is easily the most pro ready QB in this draft. Will he have all important work rate and will he be able to learn to move in the pocket when Matthew's and Suh's of this world are charging towards him is whole another question.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Todd Marinovich's Trip View Post
    Now don't get me wrong, Mallett has lot of question marks over him and possibly even red flags but you can't question his accuracy and arm. Those are BY FAR best on this draft. In fact, as far as throwing football goes, Mallett is easily the most pro ready QB in this draft. Will he have all important work rate and will he be able to learn to move in the pocket when Matthew's and Suh's of this world are charging towards him is whole another question.
    Totally agree. I'm not a huge Mallett guy but given a clean pocket in college, the dude can be jaw-dropping. When he's in rhythm and he knows where he wants to go, he can fire it all over the field with great accuracy.

I definately think he deserves to go over Mallett. Yeah Mallett is risky, and I question whether he can succeed with chaos happening all around him in the NFL, but his position and upside legitimizes a top 25 selection. Without even getting into mechanical problems, I don't know that Gabbert has the accuracy to be taken before him

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010

There's so many questions about this years QB class that I really think it's gonna be tough to make predictions, so much depends on how they produce at the combine and especially whether a team sees something specific, intangible in a QB they like, I think there will be some really surprising moves at the draft concerning QBs.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    There's so many questions about this years QB class that I really think it's gonna be tough to make predictions, so much depends on how they produce at the combine and especially whether a team sees something specific, intangible in a QB they like, I think there will be some really surprising moves at the draft concerning QBs.
    Agreed. It is going to be so hard to predict which teams like which QB's because they're all going to have them ranked differently, and some could be 20 spots lower depending on different team's boards. Throw in the fact that many QB-needy teams can't justify making some of them top 25 picks, and none of our mocks are going to be anywhere close to what's going to happen.

With the main 4 - Locker, Newton, Mallett, and Gabbert, I think each of them could be #1 rankings on different teams' boards. With each one there's a lot to like AND a lot to hate, its all in the eye of the beholder

+ Reply to Thread