+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 259

Thread: Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Robley View Post
    God, you're stupid.
    so what are you trying to say?


    nomnomnomnomnomnom


    every time I comment your post count goes up


    nomnomnomnomnomnomnom
    I'm the greatest.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    yeah you'll make me look really silly on the internet where you don't even know what I look like


    anyway, the purpose of the Pro Day is just to show off some more. nobody gives a **** how you throw when the defense isn't playing against you, as evidenced by Cam Newton's workout in February. Nobody really gave a ****, it was just to give him some positive media buzz. Just like Newton, Gabbert hasn't gained much from his Pro Day. You can't possibly believe everything you read from sports writers. It isn't their job to be right, it's their job to generate interest. You're falling for it...
    I don't know what you not representing yourself well on a message board has to do with your looks unless you look silly too. As for what Pro days are about and the media reporting on them, it makes absolutely no sense to suggest that the media has something to gain by reporting positively about Gabbert's pro day. If anything, it would be smarter for them to build- up Newton since he is a more polarizing figure and sparks more interest nationally, especially among casual fans. You're also ignoring the fact that the sports writer from the original article isn't just a media guy. He was the VP of Player Personnel for the Cowboys for 28 years and is considered a pioneer in pro scouting. In other words, he's not just a talking head trying to garner web page hits as a 78-year old NFL.com analyst. He doesn't have to resort to that kind of thing because he opinion carries instant credibility.

    On the flip-side, your opinion and the opinions of the other Gabbert detractors on this forum have been consistently ill-informed and when your points are challenged with facts, you simply revert back to the same arguments that have already been debunked. The reality is that nearly every professional analyst, including many that are former GMs/NFL front office executives, see him as a top 10, if not top 5, draft pick and as having a really good chance to become a solid starter in the league. Even Walter, who was as critical of Gabbert as the rest of you, is finally admitting that he may have been wrong about him. You and the rest of the haters can continue to be contrarian and talk as if it's a foregone conclusion that Gabbert's a bust but it's pretty clear now that you're in the minority.

  3. SanchoPanza's Avatar
    SanchoPanza is offline Sawft Mod Justice A... Great... Playa... Like... JaMarcus...
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    78,152

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchize View Post
    so what are you trying to say?


    nomnomnomnomnomnom


    every time I comment your post count goes up


    nomnomnomnomnomnomnom
    Eh, i don't need you for my post count son

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40,763

    Quote Originally Posted by Rieges View Post
    I don't know what you not representing yourself well on a message board has to do with your looks unless you look silly too. As for what Pro days are about and the media reporting on them, it makes absolutely no sense to suggest that the media has something to gain by reporting positively about Gabbert's pro day. If anything, it would be smarter for them to build- up Newton since he is a more polarizing figure and sparks more interest nationally, especially among casual fans. You're also ignoring the fact that the sports writer from the original article isn't just a media guy. He was the VP of Player Personnel for the Cowboys for 28 years and is considered a pioneer in pro scouting. In other words, he's not just a talking head trying to garner web page hits as a 78-year old NFL.com analyst. He doesn't have to resort to that kind of thing because he opinion carries instant credibility.

    On the flip-side, your opinion and the opinions of the other Gabbert detractors on this forum have been consistently ill-informed and when your points are challenged with facts, you simply revert back to the same arguments that have already been debunked. The reality is that nearly every professional analyst, including many that are former GMs/NFL front office executives, see him as a top 10, if not top 5, draft pick and as having a really good chance to become a solid starter in the league. Even Walter, who was as critical of Gabbert as the rest of you, is finally admitting that he may have been wrong about him. You and the rest of the haters can continue to be contrarian and talk as if it's a foregone conclusion that Gabbert's a bust but it's pretty clear now that you're in the minority.
    my point was mainly that to say you'll make someone look silly on the internet just sounds silly itself


    Gil Brandt also predicted the Cowboys would blow out the Vikings in the 2009 playoff game. I don't take him seriously, and neither should you. I don't care how long he worked for Dallas... he doesn't work for them anymore, and he's nearing 80.


    This isn't an argument either. It's a discussion. If it were an argument, I'd be open to changing my view on Gabbert and you'd try to persuade me to do so. I don't like the guy as a prospect. You do, and you can stay that way if you want, but nothing you say will make me change my views on him. He's going to bust.

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Ohio State University
    Posts
    2,790

    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    my point was mainly that to say you'll make someone look silly on the internet just sounds silly itself


    Gil Brandt also predicted the Cowboys would blow out the Vikings in the 2009 playoff game. I don't take him seriously, and neither should you. I don't care how long he worked for Dallas... he doesn't work for them anymore, and he's nearing 80.


    This isn't an argument either. It's a discussion. If it were an argument, I'd be open to changing my view on Gabbert and you'd try to persuade me to do so. I don't like the guy as a prospect. You do, and you can stay that way if you want, but nothing you say will make me change my views on him. He's going to bust.
    I don't understand why you would come on to a message board if people can't compel you to change your mind. I doubt you have seen more than one game with Gabbert. The fact is other people may have more knowledge on him and how he measures up as a prospect.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40,763

    I am open to change on some topics. This is not one of them.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,810

    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    Gil Brandt also predicted the Cowboys would blow out the Vikings in the 2009 playoff game. I don't take him seriously, and neither should you. I don't care how long he worked for Dallas... he doesn't work for them anymore, and he's nearing 80.
    Absolutely correct. A man who picks the wrong side in a 2 horse race should never be trusted again.

    He only said that because he had worked for Dallas. If he had worked for the Vikings I'm sure he would have predicted a Vikings blowout. Don't take these things so seriously.

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40,763

    I didn't take him seriously before that game either.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    my point was mainly that to say you'll make someone look silly on the internet just sounds silly itself


    Gil Brandt also predicted the Cowboys would blow out the Vikings in the 2009 playoff game. I don't take him seriously, and neither should you. I don't care how long he worked for Dallas... he doesn't work for them anymore, and he's nearing 80.


    This isn't an argument either. It's a discussion. If it were an argument, I'd be open to changing my view on Gabbert and you'd try to persuade me to do so. I don't like the guy as a prospect. You do, and you can stay that way if you want, but nothing you say will make me change my views on him. He's going to bust.
    I'm not interested in swaying your opinion. If you choose to believe that you know more than former NFL GMs/Personnell guys, that's your perrogative. But I will also continue to point out how ridiculous it is for you and others to repeatedly try to portray your opinion as somehow being more valid than the guys that scout prospects for a living.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,005

    Quote Originally Posted by Rieges View Post
    I'm not interested in swaying your opinion. If you choose to believe that you know more than former NFL GMs/Personnell guys, that's your perrogative. But I will also continue to point out how ridiculous it is for you and others to repeatedly try to portray your opinion as somehow being more valid than the guys that scout prospects for a living.
    Two words: Alzheimer's Disease.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod. www.footballclod.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts