+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaine Gabbert's Draft Stock Slipping?

1. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote Originally Posted by cutty View Post
    I don't think teams have full-time scouts dedicated to just college football 12 months out of the year, at least not more than one. I could only imagine walking into Andy Reid's office to tell him about Bruce Carter, and he'd probably tell me to stop bothering him with this shit when he has the Giants in 4 days.

I think we overblow just how much attention the NFL gives to the draft during the season.
    There are scouts that specifically watch college players. I think for the early rounds, teams have their boards generally set once the college season ends. The reason mocks change is because of the misinformation that teams and "draft experts" give.

LEELEE PUDRIYA, LEELEE MACHKA
    мать Россия

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Silver and Black View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the late 1st round.
    Pete Carroll may take a chance on him however. He may count on Hasselback for another year o two and get Gabbo ready for the future.
    Noooooooooooooo don't say things like this.

3. Join Date
    May 2010

The Bills will draft Gabbert. I have a horrible feeling about it.

LEELEE PUDRIYA, LEELEE MACHKA
    мать Россия

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008

I don't think teams have full-time scouts dedicated to just college football 12 months out of the year, at least not more than one. I could only imagine walking into Andy Reid's office to tell him about Bruce Carter, and he'd probably tell me to stop bothering him with this shit when he has the Giants in 4 days.

I think we overblow just how much attention the NFL gives to the draft during the season.
    I don't think Andy Reid would care during the season but I bet he wants to know as much as he can after he takes a week off.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    The Bills will draft Gabbert. I have a horrible feeling about it.
    i honestly have a gut feeling of this too...when they were supposed to have gone for it last year and didn't, they heard everyone criticize it so i feel now they will revisit the idea and botch this years pick too
    Quote Originally Posted by eagles1990 View Post
    "Need to get a first down.... But that ref's ass is just so nice!!!"-Brady
    Quote Originally Posted by Antec View Post
    A horse doesn't want you to rape it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GongKong View Post
    Athletes are super into the gang banging of chicks. It breeds team work.
    GIFSoup

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I live under the impression that Kiper/McShay/Mayock/Schefter(since he ruins the actual draft now by telling everyone the picks in advance I add him to the hate list) all get about 80% of their info in one way or another from scouts. So it's no shock to me that the same week that the 'Cam Newton stock is rising' info comes out when 'Blaine Gabert's stock is slipping.' I mean Locker is still loved enough by the major media folks that makes me truly believe he is still a 1st round QB (see Tebow give or take).

I still think that a QB isn't out of the question to Carolina because it seems like right now-ish every year the "best player in the draft (the fairley/Bowers/Green nod right now" is mocked to the 1st overall very early by the big wigs and then the QB starts to slide over there for the consensus.

7. Join Date
    May 2010

Quote Originally Posted by shoffma1999 View Post
    In my mind there isn't a single first round caliber QB in this class. If I were a QB needy team I would wait until the 2nd - 4th round range form someone like Christian Ponder or Greg McElroy (who are both better then the supposed top rated guys, IMO).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010

it's about ****ing time

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

One thing people have to keep in mind is that NFL Scouts haven't seen Gabbert until now. His rise up draft boards has been 100% due to draftniks, which of course doesn't amount to much considering 90% of them have no clue when it comes to real evaluations - scouts inc. included

NFL teams probably don't lift a finger to do anything draft related until their season's over, and even then it's a very slow process.

Give it a few weeks, the same thing will happen with Da'Quan Bowers.
    Actually, Gabbert's high stock was a stunner to even the draftnik community. He literally came out of nowhere after Luck went back to Stanford. I still don't know where that hype train came from.

Quote Originally Posted by mycarman View Post
    I still think that a QB isn't out of the question to Carolina because it seems like right now-ish every year the "best player in the draft (the fairley/Bowers/Green nod right now" is mocked to the 1st overall very early by the big wigs and then the QB starts to slide over there for the consensus.
    I strongly doubt it. There is no Sam Bradford/Matt Stafford in this class. Nobody thinks any of these QBs are first overall material. I completely understand what you're saying, though.
    Last edited by Blue; 02-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by blue5213 View Post
    Actually, Gabbert's high stock was a stunner to even the draftnik community. He literally came out of nowhere after Luck went back to Stanford. I still don't know where that hype train came from.
    yeah, it LITERALLY came out of nowhere. from like 3rd round consideration to top 10

+ Reply to Thread