+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: EllijayFalconFan's Fishing Thread

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009

EllijayFalconFan's Fishing Thread

Today was a great day to be out on the water. The sky was mostly clear with a few fluffy clouds set to a beautiful blue backdrop. It was an unseasonably warm day, around 57 degrees with little to no wind. Definitely the best day of fishing that February has given me so far.

I started my day on the Toccoa River tailwater. FYI a tailwater is the part of the river below a lake normally held by a dam. The Toccoa tailwater is known for it's large Rainbow and Brown trout, which was my target species. I started with a chartreuse trout magnet dragging it along the bottom trying to mimic a natural drift. On about the 2nd cast I felt the definite thud of a trout hammering my passing jig. This guy absolutely shot off like a rocket as soon as I set the hook. He definitely wasn't happy about being caught. The picture doesn't do the size justice, this was a thick 17" fish.

I got another small fish before I left the tailwater and went to the headwater. The headwater of a river is the part north of a lake that runs into it. The water was crystal clear and extremely cold. It was beautiful scenery to say the least.

A river to my left....

A river to my right...

And heaven in between..

These guy weren't the largest Rainbows but they were great fighters. They jumped like they were torpedoes in the water, soooo much fun to catch these guys.

After a day on the water I landed probably 18 rainbow trout and got to enjoy some of the beautiful nature that north Georgia has to offer. I love sharing this hobby with people and I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading my captions. If anyone else shares in this amazing past time feel free to share!

All fish were catch and release.
    Last edited by EllijayFalconsFan; 02-15-2011 at 08:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009

I feel more relaxed just reading this thread

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I wish I fished more. It's great. I love fly fishing. Got to do a lot in Montana a few years ago. Absolutely beautiful.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    I wish I fished more. It's great. I love fly fishing. Got to do a lot in Montana a few years ago. Absolutely beautiful.
    Montana is a perfect mix of no people and lots of fish. When I die I hope I get to skip heaven and land in Montana.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
    Montana is a perfect mix of no people and lots of fish. When I die I hope I get to skip heaven and land in Montana.
    Or you could just go to Montana.

I'd want to try and catch fish with a spear, like in survival mode.

Also your trip sounded like lots of fun. Those scenery pictures were very nice.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
    Or you could just go to Montana.

I'd want to try and catch fish with a spear, like in survival mode.

Also your trip sounded like lots of fun. Those scenery pictures were very nice.
    Ya know people actually go spear fishing with a speargun. Something I've always wanted to try but I would need to get my SCUBA certification first. It's very hard to spear a fish in like a survival type of manner. You have to aim under where you would see the fish I believe, but I'm not sure.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009

Ya know people actually go spear fishing with a speargun. Something I've always wanted to try but I would need to get my SCUBA certification first. It's very hard to spear a fish in like a survival type of manner. You have to aim under where you would see the fish I believe, but I'm not sure.
    It's either over or under. I figure you'd get the hang of it after a while. Also it has to be somewhere remote where the fish have probably never seen a human. And you gotta feed them stuff so they crowd around you.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Red-headed step-child View Post
    It's either over or under. I figure you'd get the hang of it after a while. Also it has to be somewhere remote where the fish have probably never seen a human. And you gotta feed them stuff so they crowd around you.
    From my experience trout fishing, if your hunting wild fish that haven't been stocked they will run like hell at the site of a bipedal animal. I bet you could spear carp, they're the retards of the fish world. I don't know what you would do with them though.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by hunterm View Post
    this except I did it in another state

From my experience trout fishing, if your hunting wild fish that haven't been stocked they will run like hell at the site of a bipedal animal. I bet you could spear carp, they're the retards of the fish world. I don't know what you would do with them though.
    yeah but carp is nasty

I've always loved fish though. Eating them, fishing them, taking care of them... I'm just a fish kinda guy

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    this except I did it in another state

yeah but carp is nasty

I've always loved fish though. Eating them, fishing them, taking care of them... I'm just a fish kinda guy
    Carp are very gross. There was an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives where the place actually served fried carp. I was all like grrroooooooooooooooooossssssssssssssss!

I'm assuming you have an aquarium. What do you keep?

+ Reply to Thread