+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Been To Vegas For The Draft?

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Has Anyone Been To Vegas For The Draft?

My brother and sister-in-law decided to get the whole group of family and friends for a joint birthday celebration in Las Vegas.
    Of course, they picked the weekend of the draft, because they don't care about it. I'm obligated to go.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can enjoy the draft there? The only thing I can think of is to park my butt at the ESPN Zone about 4 hours early so I have a place to sit.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007

drink so much on friday afternoon that nobody wants to be around you. let them park you in the room and leave, and then you can go wherever you want to watch it. preferably a bar with NFL network. and dancing girls. ****tail waitresses. pizza. mozz sticks. mmmmmm

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007

My advice: suck up until April so your parents let you stay at home for the weekend. Step it up with schoolwork too which might help.

If this doesn't work, then ask Peyton Manning...he'll give you a much needed pep talk.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Week 1 CFB Capping: +11.4 units
    Week 2 CFB Capping: +10.4 units (10-4 ATS)
    Week 3 CFB Capping: -5.4 units (11-13 ATS)
    Week 4 CFB Picks: +3.7 units (7-9 ATS)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007

animal is 52.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007

In all seriousness if your parents make you go is record it with a VCR (or DVR if you are lucky enough to have it)...when you get him don't watch television or go on the internet until you have seen the entire draft. Good luck soldier.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Week 1 CFB Capping: +11.4 units
    Week 2 CFB Capping: +10.4 units (10-4 ATS)
    Week 3 CFB Capping: -5.4 units (11-13 ATS)
    Week 4 CFB Picks: +3.7 units (7-9 ATS)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    In all seriousness if your parents make you go is record it with a VCR (or DVR if you are lucky enough to have it)...when you get him don't watch television or go on the internet until you have seen the entire draft. Good luck soldier.
    lol who are you Kellen Winslow Jr at Miami? "I don't give a Hell!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ

never get tired of this clip
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Season long bets

Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
    Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
    Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
    Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
    Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
    Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
    Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
    Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Thanks Matt, but I have to go and I won't be able to wait until I get back to find out what happened. Recording the draft seems a lot like kissing your sister.

As you get older, family situations become more complicated, and in this case I reluctantly made the choice to go for the greater good. Of course, they don't know about my reluctance.

The New York, New York hotel has a large section called the ESPN Zone, with 3 large screens and 20 more smaller screens that had every game imaginable playing so people can do their betting right there and all of the lines on a huge wall. I've been to Vegas 3 times before.

My hope is there will be a bunch of draftniks there who got dragged out there like me. I'll probably drink so much that I won't have it in me to be up gambling late that night, but it will be worth it if I can enjoy a "draft like" atmosphere.

Hopefully I'll have my laptop with me and I'll be commenting on the picks along with all of you.

8. Take a t.v. with you!
    Walter got PWN3D
    Rams GM

Picks
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
    65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
    137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
    168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
    180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

9. i am going to new york city for the draft....my birthday present

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007

maybe nfl network will broadcast it online like they did the thursday night games. that wouldbe cool, eh?

+ Reply to Thread