View Poll Results: Who will be the No. 3 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Da'Quan Bowers, DE/DT, Clemson

0 0%
  • A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

9 8.18%
  • Nick Fairley, DE/DT, Auburn

12 10.91%
  • Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

31 28.18%
  • Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

45 40.91%
  • Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

12 10.91%
  • Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina

1 0.91%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: No. 3 Pick in 2011 Reader Mock: Buffalo Bills on the Clock

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Voted Von Miller. The Bills don't seem to learn from their mistakes very well.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Walt, why isn't Mark Ingram an option? Besides I think they'll mess it up anyway.

On a serious note, I'll go with Cam Newton since they're high on him. He can sit behind Fitz until he's ready.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Unless the Bills completely screw the pooch on this one with Cameron Newton, it comes down pretty much to Patrick Peterson and Von Miller.

They're easily the two best players available. I'm very high on Peterson, and while I'm high on Miller too, it just isn't the same. The Bills, however, need to move on from Aaron Maybin (sheesh, what's wrong with this team? Aaron Maybin at 11? I had him in the mid-twenties). Linebackers aren't really top ten picks, let alone top five, but I'd compare Miller to Junior Seau, but with a little more on the pass rushing end. Which is saying something cause whenever Seau did go on a blitz, he would usually get to the QB.

I'm taking Miller because he is one of the highest graded prospects in the draft, and he would have a huge immediate impact on a Bills defense that needs a major revamp up front.

San Diego State RB Ronnie Hillman #13

4. None of the above. I believe the best choice would be JJ Watt.

QB is definitely NOT the Bills biggest need. Fitzpatrick is not elite, but serviceable. Super Bowls have been won with less. The Bills could win with Fitzpatrick if they give him a team to work with. Newton is drastically overrated. He was an outstanding college QB. Just 2 months ago we all questioned whether his skills would translate to the NFL. Now he is suddenly a good risk to be taken 3rd overall? Looking for comparable NFL QB? How about Joey Harrington. Why not take a developmental QB in the later rounds and groom him behind Fitzpatrick to do the most to improve the team overall?

Meanwhile, Buffalo was dead last in rushing yards allowed despite excellent play out of Kyle Williams. Watt would be the perfect compliment. He has scheme versatility as they like to run 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. He plugs the run and can get after the opposing QB. He fills the biggest need and, if you've ever seen him play, is a safe and worthy choice at number 3. The case could be made for Nick Fairly, but from what I've seen Watt is the better player.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Quote Originally Posted by gotama View Post
    None of the above. I believe the best choice would be JJ Watt.

QB is definitely NOT the Bills biggest need. Fitzpatrick is not elite, but serviceable. Super Bowls have been won with less. The Bills could win with Fitzpatrick if they give him a team to work with. Newton is drastically overrated. He was an outstanding college QB. Just 2 months ago we all questioned whether his skills would translate to the NFL. Now he is suddenly a good risk to be taken 3rd overall? Looking for comparable NFL QB? How about Joey Harrington. Why not take a developmental QB in the later rounds and groom him behind Fitzpatrick to do the most to improve the team overall?

Meanwhile, Buffalo was dead last in rushing yards allowed despite excellent play out of Kyle Williams. Watt would be the perfect compliment. He has scheme versatility as they like to run 3-4 and 4-3 fronts. He plugs the run and can get after the opposing QB. He fills the biggest need and, if you've ever seen him play, is a safe and worthy choice at number 3. The case could be made for Nick Fairly, but from what I've seen Watt is the better player.
    JJ Watt getting a lot of love on these forums

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
    JJ Watt getting a lot of love on these forums
    He was supposed to work his way into the top 5. A good combine and interviews surely would have put him in the top 10 at least.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Last offseason, the Bills sent a promotional photo to their loyal season-ticket holders. It was a picture of Brian Moorman punting out of Buffalo's endzone in a 6-3 loss to the Cleveland Browns... If Cam Newton is there at #3, it's safe to say he'll be the pick.

"Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I don't think he'll be a Bill, but I think Newton will be the pick here.

9. The Bills will be going for Luck or Barkley next year and will use this pick to help out whoever next year's pick will be.

+ Reply to Thread