+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnathan Gray, 5-Star RB, commits to Texas

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010

Johnathan Gray, 5-Star RB, commits to Texas

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texastech/fo...an-Gray-103880

While he's not officially yet a 5-star prospect (he's still a junior this year), John Gray is one of the most speedy (4.4), productive (7.7 YPC), instinctive runners in the nation and his early commitment to UT has shocked the recruiting world as the Longhorns add yet another blue-chip running back. The buzz surrounding Gray has affected all of Texas high school football as 4A prospects are going to better and better schools.

2. Why would anyone be shocked that the Longhorns signed a 5-star prospect from Texas? Texas is Mack Brown's oyster.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011

I think it's just shocking because he is a Jr.
    NFL Mafia II -- A-Hern's Last Stand: Sign-Up!

QB, Robert Griffin III; WR, Julio Jones; WR, Andre Johnson; OT, Jason Peters; WR, Mike Wallace; DT, Vince Wilfork; DE, LaMarr Houston; OG, Josh Sitton; OG, Logan Mankins; DT, Sharrif Floyd; OLB, K.J. Wright; S, Johnathan Cyprien; DE, Adrian Clayborn; OT, William Beatty; RB, Trent Richardson; MLB, David Harris; OLB, Zach Brown; CB, Jamar Taylor; TE, Jermaine Gresham; CB, Tracy Porter; C, Peter Konz; CB, Kayvon Webster; WR, Jerrel Jernigan; CB/S, Champ Bailey; OT, Tyson Clabo; DL, Tyson Alualu; WR, Santonio Holmes; FB, Greg Jones; OL, Mike Johnson; DE, David Bass; DE, Cornelius Washington

4. Quote Originally Posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    I think it's just shocking because he is a Jr.
    A.J. Green commited to Georgia when he was a sophomore.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
    A.J. Green commited to Georgia when he was a sophomore.
    I stand corrected.
    NFL Mafia II -- A-Hern's Last Stand: Sign-Up!

QB, Robert Griffin III; WR, Julio Jones; WR, Andre Johnson; OT, Jason Peters; WR, Mike Wallace; DT, Vince Wilfork; DE, LaMarr Houston; OG, Josh Sitton; OG, Logan Mankins; DT, Sharrif Floyd; OLB, K.J. Wright; S, Johnathan Cyprien; DE, Adrian Clayborn; OT, William Beatty; RB, Trent Richardson; MLB, David Harris; OLB, Zach Brown; CB, Jamar Taylor; TE, Jermaine Gresham; CB, Tracy Porter; C, Peter Konz; CB, Kayvon Webster; WR, Jerrel Jernigan; CB/S, Champ Bailey; OT, Tyson Clabo; DL, Tyson Alualu; WR, Santonio Holmes; FB, Greg Jones; OL, Mike Johnson; DE, David Bass; DE, Cornelius Washington

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008

It's not really shocking at all. Texas's recruiting strategy tries to get a lot of early commits, and Brown gets the pick of the litter in Texas every year.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Some youtube star QB committed to USC in 8th grade.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

8. Quote Originally Posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    I stand corrected.
    lol -1 point for me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010

I just have an especially big hard-on for John Gray because of how helpless teams are against him. Sure it's 4A football, but even though the entire other team knows the play is a run and stacks the line, he just darts around and embarrasses them. The way he breaks tackles and always falls forward is impressive to me as well. Dude is gonna be a stud and I wish Tech had tried harder to recruit him.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FoRM View Post
    I just have an especially big hard-on for John Gray because of how helpless teams are against him. Sure it's 4A football, but even though the entire other team knows the play is a run and stacks the line, he just darts around and embarrasses them. The way he breaks tackles and always falls forward is impressive to me as well. Dude is gonna be a stud and I wish Tech had tried harder to recruit him.
    Is there any tape on him?

+ Reply to Thread