+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first round analyzationalism.

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009

My first round analyzationalism.

BEST LAUGHS
    -Falcons trade their entire draft for the next six years to get this year's Mr. Drop
    -Blaine Gabbert actually gets drafted.

OMG MY FAV PICKS LOL
    -Christian Ponder at 12. Will be a fun year for the Detroit Lions defensive line.
    -Jake Locker at 8. In my opinion, he has the most potential of any quarterback in the draft.
    -Mark Ingram to the Saints. Seriously, everyone needs to fear the New Orleans running game.
    -The Raiders pi...oh wait, LOL

LIONS
    I support the selection of Nick Fairley. However, we still need a secondary. I'm hoping we take a OT in round two, and look at some CBs in round three. But you know Schwartz - BPA BPA BPA BPA!!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011

1st Round Anal-what?
    NFL Mafia II -- A-Hern's Last Stand: Sign-Up!

QB, Robert Griffin III; WR, Julio Jones; WR, Andre Johnson; OT, Jason Peters; WR, Mike Wallace; DT, Vince Wilfork; DE, LaMarr Houston; OG, Josh Sitton; OG, Logan Mankins; DT, Sharrif Floyd; OLB, K.J. Wright; S, Johnathan Cyprien; DE, Adrian Clayborn; OT, William Beatty; RB, Trent Richardson; MLB, David Harris; OLB, Zach Brown; CB, Jamar Taylor; TE, Jermaine Gresham; CB, Tracy Porter; C, Peter Konz; CB, Kayvon Webster; WR, Jerrel Jernigan; CB/S, Champ Bailey; OT, Tyson Clabo; DL, Tyson Alualu; WR, Santonio Holmes; FB, Greg Jones; OL, Mike Johnson; DE, David Bass; DE, Cornelius Washington

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
    1st Round Anal-what?
    Lordofpotato back-door analysis?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Raping other analysts with my deep penetration into the NFL draft...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009

I've never seen a bigger application of the BPA way of thinking than the Fairley pick.

Tbh, it was a great pick, but Quinn would have been better there. I like him better overall than Fairley, and DE was more of a need. Still either way, scary as hell for the NFCN...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch goddamnit, no DE was not a need.

The pick was either Prince or Fairley.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfPotato View Post

Sammie Hill, Ndamukong Suh, Corey Williams... Neither was a need, either Fairley or Quinn would have been a value pick. Vanden Bosch turns 33 this year...

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled the Lions took Fairley. It makes for excitement and it keeps him from St. Louis.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDude View Post
    If the 49ers make it to the 2014-2015 season NFCCG, I will paypal you and every other 49ers fan on here $200.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
    Tbh, it was a great pick, but Quinn would have been better there. I like him better overall than Fairley, and DE was more of a need.
    It's okay, this way we at least get to see him twice a year.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfPotato View Post

I can't fault the pick of Fairley - they took Suh last year and had Corey Williams and Sammie Lee Hill, I thought they were set, but now no matter what down it is, they are guaranteed to have a pass rush coming up the middle that HAS to be accounted for and by doing so, it opens up opportunities for others... Seriously, Detroit doesn't even need to blitz - they will get as much pressure with just their line as most teams do with a blitz...which is good because their secondary is questionable (I admittedly love Delmas and think Alphonso Smith deserves a shot, but I don't know about the rest - I didn't watch a lot of Detroit games) anyway, I would have taken Quinn just because I fell in love with him as a prospect, but I can't fault Fairley.
    NFL Mafia II -- A-Hern's Last Stand: Sign-Up!

QB, Robert Griffin III; WR, Julio Jones; WR, Andre Johnson; OT, Jason Peters; WR, Mike Wallace; DT, Vince Wilfork; DE, LaMarr Houston; OG, Josh Sitton; OG, Logan Mankins; DT, Sharrif Floyd; OLB, K.J. Wright; S, Johnathan Cyprien; DE, Adrian Clayborn; OT, William Beatty; RB, Trent Richardson; MLB, David Harris; OLB, Zach Brown; CB, Jamar Taylor; TE, Jermaine Gresham; CB, Tracy Porter; C, Peter Konz; CB, Kayvon Webster; WR, Jerrel Jernigan; CB/S, Champ Bailey; OT, Tyson Clabo; DL, Tyson Alualu; WR, Santonio Holmes; FB, Greg Jones; OL, Mike Johnson; DE, David Bass; DE, Cornelius Washington

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Louis Delmas is a monster, he hits so hard and such quickness. He's got an attitude problem though, and hasn't shown the best durability. If he reaches his potential, he could be an Ed Reed type player for Detroit. Alphonso Smith, just like the rest of Detroit's corners, should be playing the two or three. Will James has potential to be a good one...but it'll take a lot of work.

It's really sad, but the last time Detroit had a good secondary was during the Bly/Bryant era...

+ Reply to Thread