+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of notes after 25 Fantasy football mock drafts.

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Couple of notes after 25 Fantasy football mock drafts.

Players that are showing good value.

Frank Gore-
    People have seen this movie. Gore went in the 2nd round of every mock I was in except for two. One of those he went 12th overall and another he fell to the 3rd round. What you get with Gore is obvious, but with the RB class being not existent after round 4 or so. Point is Gore is tremendous value in the mid-2nd round.

Michael Turner-
    Turner is in a similar spot as Frank Gore. People are down on him, I'm guessing because of the amount of carries Turner has. Turner is a TD machine that will benefit from teams having defend both Julion Jones and Roddy White. Turner went in the 2nd round of every mock I was in.

Hakeem Nix-
    He is falling to the end of the 2nd round in most of the mocks I was in. He is a legit #1 WR that you can get in between picking up your two starting RBs.

Larry Fitzgerald-
    This is probably because of the Cardinals QB situation, but Larry Fitzgerald is falling to the 3rd round. He is AWESOME value there. Thought this could change if the Cards land Kolb.

Brandon Marshal-
    He is going to be there in the late 4th or early 5th. If he is jump all over him.

Ryan Mathews-
    He is falling to the end of the 4th round in some drafts. He is a good option if you go RB, WR, WR, RB.

DeAngelo Williams-
    He is falling behind guys like Knowshon. His average drafted spot in my mocks was 49. Though this is a moot point until we know where he goes in free agency.

Players showing terrible value.

Jamaal Charles-
    The dude is going 4th overall. I don't see how people are taking him over Ray Rice and MJD.

Peyton Hillis-
    He would be solid in the 4th round but the dude is going before Frank Gore and Michael Turner. Peyton Hillis is a monster but your not getting any value in the 2nd round. I'm not talking late 2nd either. The guy goes in the 13-18 range.

Knowshon Moreno-
    He is going in the third round with guys like Ahmad Bradshaw, Blount, and Johnathon Stewart. Guys like Ryan Mathews, DeAngelo Williams, and Jahvid Best are better players going in the 4th.

Matt Ryan-
    People are jumping on him way too early. By too early I'm saying 5th round. Wait and take Josh Freeman, Big Ben, or Eli
    Manning.

Jimmy Graham-
    Everybodys favorite sleeper is just that. So people are reaching for him in round 6. I'm not a fan of taking TEs that early, especially when he is a "breakout" player.

Guys who are all over the damn place.

Darren McFadden-
    The guy is going as high a mid 1st round to mid 3rd round. That kind of range that high is crazy. People just don't know how they feel about him.

Michael Vick-
    It's hard to say why(yeah right), but I've seen Vick go top 5 and as late round 3 if your in a room where people really hate him.

Random Notes

1. You HAVE to take two RBs within the first four rounds. If you don't you are screwed. If you're picking from 1-5 take a RB first. The depth in this fantasy season is shockingly slim. Make sure you get two solid starters by round 5 or your going to have Daniel Thomas, Mark Ingram, or Ryan Torain in your lineup.

2. The WR corps is pretty deep. You can get a solid WR2 in round 5.

3. If you pick 1-5 I recommend going RB, RB, WR, WR.
    If you pick 6-9 your in the weak spot. But you might have a shot at a top flight WR in round 2 like Andre Johnson or Roddy White. So I'd go RB, WR, RB, WR.
    If you pick at the end of the first round (10-12) you have two choices. You could go RB, RB and get a combo like Mendenhal and Gore. Though if it were me I'd go QB, RB, and then try to get a guy like Blount in the 3rd round. Then you could have a team that looks like Rodgers/Vick, Gore/Mendenhal/McFadden/Turner, and Blount/Stewart.
    Last edited by EllijayFalconsFan; 06-29-2011 at 01:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

I've done a number of fantasy drafts and I agree with everything you've said. Good values, bad values, crapshoots. You HAVE to have two or three solid RBs in the first 5 rounds. I've been going with LeShoure later on cause I like him as my RB3. But I don't leave the 3rd round without 2 good RBs unless I get crazy value elsewhere. I've been going RB-RB-WR in the first three rounds on average. I can get a solid WR1 in the 3rd. Good assessment though.

Quote Originally Posted by InjuredReserve View Post
    WF's Prince must be battle hardened to face the mafia Gods.
    CMD V - Ryan Tannehill - Jurrell Casey - Carlos Dunlap - Tyron Smith - Julius Thomas - Eric Reid - Tramaine Brock - Dennis Pitta - Riley Cooper - Andy Levitre - Sio Moore - LaAdrian Waddle - DeAndre Levy - Adam Jones - B.J. Raji - Kraig Urbik - Devin Taylor - Lamar Miller - Malcolm Jenkins - Nickell Roby - Willie Young - Mason Foster - Quinton Patton - Sealver Siliga - Joe Hawley - Mike Jenkins - Shonn Greene - James Carpenter - Ryan Pickett - Bryant McKinnie - Kris Durham - Logan Paulsen

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010

I'm buying Knowshon Moreno. he showed some potential last year and with Fox as the head coach he is gonna get his carries.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLegend View Post
    I'm buying Knowshon Moreno. he showed some potential last year and with Fox as the head coach he is gonna get his carries.
    Even if you buy Knowhson Moreno you have to agree that in the 3rd round he just isn't good value.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010

Well it depends on what they drafted and whats left. The only name you mentioned that I would take higher is DeAngelo Williams.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009

You do realize that Jeff Legwold has been reporting the Knowshon is heading for a role as a 3rd down back right?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
    You do realize that Jeff Legwold has been reporting the Knowshon is heading for a role as a 3rd down back right?
    How would he even know that? Considering there's been zero team workouts and the coaching staff really doesn't even know him yet.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JLash View Post
    How would he even know that? Considering there's been zero team workouts and the coaching staff really doesn't even know him yet.
    Maybe because Knowshon has been extremely unimpressive in his first 2 seasons as the starter? Also DeAngelo Williams reuniting with John Fox is just too easy to see happening.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EllijayFalconsFan View Post
    Maybe because Knowshon has been extremely unimpressive in his first 2 seasons as the starter? Also DeAngelo Williams reuniting with John Fox is just too easy to see happening.
    Except NOTHING has happened yet, so "well on his way" means pretty much nothing. And to edit, he didn't do terrible last year considering how little McDaniels used him.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JLash View Post
    Except NOTHING has happened yet, so "well on his way" means pretty much nothing.
    Sounds like you need to call him out JLast. Shoot him an email.

+ Reply to Thread