+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Matthew Berry: Michael Vick should be your #1 overall fantasy pick.

1. Matthew Berry: Michael Vick should be your #1 overall fantasy pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...1_TMRManifesto

You just gonna softball 'em in like that, Berry?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Updated wishlist (still on the cheap): Will Montgomery/Brian De La Puente, Zach Strief/David Stewart (if he doesn't retire), Chris Clemons/Ryan Clark

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...1_TMRManifesto

You just gonna softball 'em in like that, Berry?
    My only issue with that is that it's a huge mistake to expect Vick to last 16 games. Plus, his argument against Rodgers is unconvincing: how many points did Vick get in that same span of games? Probably not many.

I lied, I have another issue with Vick as the No. 1 QB, let alone the No. 1 pick: regression towards the mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009

If he plays 16 games, yes.

I don't think this is that crazy. Vick could have been the league MVP if he played 16 games and definitely can put up lots of points.

I don't think that he'll play 16 games, though.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I'd rather have a first round RB and Rivers/Brees/Manning then Vick and a later drafted RB1

6. Join Date
    May 2010

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for Vick to lead the league in fantasty points per start. But does anyone expect him to start 16 games? You can't spend the 1st pick on someone expected to miss 2-4 games. One of those might be a playoff matchup.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Okay i didn't hear him say number 1 overall fantasy players just number 1 fantasy QB. The title of this thread confused me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Body Burner View Post
    Okay i didn't hear him say number 1 overall fantasy players just number 1 fantasy QB. The title of this thread confused me.
    Here's my argument as to why Vick is not only worth a first-round pick, and not only should be the No. 1 quarterback taken, but should be the No. 1 pick overall. It's actually very simple.
    Try reading instead of "hearing".

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe View Post
    Try reading instead of "hearing".
    My bad. But thats just retarded. I didn't listen to Matthew Berry advice at all anyway, but this is just stupid.

10. You mean guys who get paid to influence opinion occasionally manipulate this fact to their advantage? Or, even crazier, they're not qualified to give sound advice? GASP.

+ Reply to Thread