View Poll Results: Who wins the division?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Orleans Saints

25 44.64%
  • Atlanta Falcons

25 44.64%
  • Carolina Panthers

4 7.14%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2 3.57%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: CMD III NFC South Divisional Voting

Blue is offline Master of English 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfan173 View Post
    Mike Jenkins is replacement level, Bishop is not, but missed a lot of time.
    Jenkins is a better pure corner than either of bcb's starters. Bishop missed three games, oh noez.

Blue you hate Cam so this is not that surprising, but Saints probably do have at least the 2nd best team in the division, I have atlanta but you are 3rd for me.
    lol, what? I don't hate Cam, but he leaned heavily on Steve Smith and Julio Jones ain't Steve Smith. I also don't think a team that has rookies as its No. 1 WR and starting QB should be viewed as the best team in its division.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    I have a small *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg View Post
    I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
    CMD V Green Bay Packers

QB Matt Ryan, DE Cam Jordan, DT Nick Fairley, DT Fletcher Cox, WR Michael Floyd, CB Sean Smith, G Evan Mathis, OT Riley Reiff, CB Casey Heyward, RB Ryan Mathews, MLB Dont'a Hightower, OT Gosder Cherilus, WR Mike Williams, LB Connor Barwin, S T.J. McDonald, TE Garrett Graham, LB Manny Lawson, C Kyle Cook, S Da'Norris Searcy, CB Corey Graham, DE Osi Umenyiora, G Mackenzy Bernadeau, FB Vonta Leach, WR Jarius Wright, DL Ricky Jean-Francois, RB Bryce Brown, WR Junior Hemingway, DE Kamerion Wimbley, OL Alvin Bailey, S Sanders Commings, LB Nico Johnson, 32.10

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Look at the offense around Cam. His #1 WR, and RB are worse than what he has in Carolina. Steve Smith > Julio and JStew/Deangelo > SJax. And the Oline similar in talent. The only positions he has a better supporting cast are as #2 WR and prolly TE if Tony doesn't fall off. I am a big fan of Olsen though so take that as it is. Sure, Burleson is better than whoever Carolina has right now, but is he a difference maker? He really isn't. Even the defense isn't greatly improved over what Cam has. Charles Johnson is better than anyone on that Dline and those ends are nowhere near scary. Cutler would have plenty of time to throw. The LB corp is pretty solid, but are Woodson or Mathis better than Gamble? No. And those safeties are bad. Just about as bad as what Carolina actually has. Is Atogwe that much better than Martin? Also, there is a reason Woodson almost never plays outside anymore. You may not love VJax, but we will take our chances on Woodson and one of those safeties double teaming him on a jump ball. VJax would win that a lot. I love Woodson. He has been one of my favorite Packers for a long time. But he simply isn't very good anymore outside of playing the slot, which he has even started to struggle with.

Now look at Cutler. Our Oline isn't great but still much better than what he currently has. Plus we would scheme, as I mentioned, for the apparent weakness at OT. Our WRs can handle their roles very well and are MUCH MUCH better than what he has been working with in Chicago the past few years. Plus a better TE. We don't have a back as good as Forte, but our two backs can definitely get the job done. We have seen what Cutler can do with the worst supporting cast of any franchise QB. What could he do with very obvious upgrades in both his WRs and Oline?

Sorry if this comes across as homering, but I think these are things that should definitely should be taken into consideration. I look forward to bcb's rebuttal.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011

and speedster Bernard Pollard combine for a three-headed running attack
    This was tough to vote against, but it had to be done.

4. YESSSSSS BEEEEEEEEEFFFFFF

Quote Originally Posted by blue5213 View Post
    Okay, Atlanta getting a ton of votes doesn't surprise me, but who the hell is bcb giving out free handies to that he's second by a huge margin? He's got a rookie quarterback, his right tackle didn't play a down, his starting corners are both in their mid-30s, and he's got Julio Jones and Nate Burleson as his starting receivers.

EDIT: Wait, did Simonds really just call Desmond Bishop and Mike Jenkins "replacement-level players"? lol.
    I guess that was a bit harsh on Bishop, but he definitely needs to show he's not just a one-year wonder. Jenkins was great in '09, awful in '10, and average last year. That makes him replacement level imo.

Side note: I typed "boney-ear woner" like three times on accident. Bed time for me.

5. I think it's the Saints.

Panthers are a solid squad

I can't vote for the Falcons as they've somehow managed to put Cutler in an equally bad situation as he is in Chicago
    Team Andrea McNulty gangbang

'Be good or be good at it'

6. Join Date
    May 2010

Jenkins was good this year when he was healthy. Which was like, the first half of Week One. He can run with pretty much anyone and has nice ball skills, he jams fairly well, and his route recognition and football IQ aren't bad, but he always seems to wind up on the ground for a few minutes a game and miss a series or two. And he still can't tackle.

Atlanta has the most talent but also the most gaping holes (both OT positions, Eugene Amano, Pernell McPhee as a full time player, a weird arrange of linebackers who other than Orakpo are somewhat limited, and a pedestrian secondary). But I can't vote for a team who's QB is backing up Hotlanta's. I love the Saints' offense and think their defense is very good as well. Sorry Tbod.
    Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 03-20-2012 at 06:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009

I'm going with the Saints as well.

I think it's between the Falcons and them and it came down to OL vs DL for me and Saints win both of those battles hands down.
    It All Starts In The Trenches.

Run The Damned Ball.

Use The Whole Pig.

Develop & Deploy a Tenacious D!!

Drive the Enemy before you...and savor the Lamentations of their Women!!

Count the Rings.

Rinse & Repeat.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by chicagojay View Post
    I think it's the Saints.

Panthers are a solid squad

I can't vote for the Falcons as they've somehow managed to put Cutler in an equally bad situation as he is in Chicago
    I know you know that that's not true. Not by a long stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
    Atlanta has the most talent but also the most gaping holes (both OT positions, Eugene Amano, Pernell McPhee as a full time player, a weird arrange of linebackers who other than Orakpo are somewhat limited, and a pedestrian secondary). But I can't vote for a team who's QB is backing up Hotlanta's. I love the Saints' offense and think their defense is very good as well. Sorry Tbod.
    Newhouse had some very good games this year, Amano is a very good pass blocking center(not great at run blocking), if you read the write up you would see that McPhee is NOT a full time player, and our linebackers are decent against the run but better in coverage.

9. Join Date
    May 2010

You'd know better than I would about Newhouse and Amano, but everything I've read has suggested that they're amongst the worst at their respective positions. Newhouse is young and can get better I guess, but I've read this of Amano ever since he became the starter.

Again you'd know better on McCarthy, though my gut says he's a rangy kinda guy who's effective in space but not bulky enough to be effective in the 3-4. Bradie James is horrific in coverage and really just isn't fast enough to play anymore. I appreciate all he's given Dallas since being drafted, and he was a solid, underrated player in his prime, but it would surprise me if he caught on as a starter next year. 29 solo tackles last year says a lot for how drastically his playing time was reduced. And I don't think Reed brings much to the table other than pass rushing.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
    You'd know better than I would about Newhouse and Amano, but everything I've read has suggested that they're amongst the worst at their respective positions. Newhouse is young and can get better I guess, but I've read this of Amano ever since he became the starter.

Again you'd know better on McCarthy, though my gut says he's a rangy kinda guy who's effective in space but not bulky enough to be effective in the 3-4. Bradie James is horrific in coverage and really just isn't fast enough to play anymore. I appreciate all he's given Dallas since being drafted, and he was a solid, underrated player in his prime, but it would surprise me if he caught on as a starter next year. 29 solo tackles last year says a lot for how drastically his playing time was reduced. And I don't think Reed brings much to the table other than pass rushing.
    Newhouse had some off games but had some games where he shut down guys like Peppers. His biggest issue was consistency, which I think will come as he gets experience. And Amano isn't nearly as bad as Walt tries to make him out to be. I admit he isn't the greatest run blocking center, but he is very solid in pass protection.

And the McCarthy thing you have to take your gut on. I watched a lot of him this year and think he would be very good in a 3-4, especially with Soliai in front of him. He is over 240 lbs. But if you disagree then you do. James I know isn't very good anymore which is why he would be in on first and maybe some second down where he just has to help in run support. D.J. Smith would probably play a decent bit more than James as Smith is much better in coverage. And as for Reed, he is good at pass rushing which is basically all we are asking him to do in the write up.

I don't disagree with where you are coming from on these comments and concerns, but I tried to take them into consideration for how we schemed on offense and defense.

Closed Thread