+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/22- Week 7 Game Recaps; Add/Drop; MNF Vegas; Week 8 NFL Lines; MMD; Jerks

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012

I love the creamsicle uniforms.

2. Hey Walt I'm not sure how you would factor this into your handicapping, but last week on The Herd I heard Vegas considers Cincinnatti the 6th best team in the league based on pure stats. Also, Vegas considers Center the 2nd most important position behind QB.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Robley View Post
    You think I've called this out as being wrong this many times and haven't seen that?

I did a more in-depth refuting of it once before but here goes round 2:

This whole thing started because of some extremely misleading wording by the NFL article.

So the NFL writer is basing this entirely off of the report by Tony Grossi when he says that, but all it takes is a quick look at the ACTUAL Tony Grossi article. This is the opening of it:

That, right there, was all that was ever said about Griffin and that turned into everyone thinking the Browns made a conscious decision to not trade up simply because they thought he was too short to be worth it. No. There's obviously no evidence, at all, to draw that conclusion. The entirety of that belief is based on one actually original article. That article never at any point even implies that this was the Browns view. The wording is, very clearly, Tony Grossi's own analysis. Grossi is talking about what he thinks of the Browns QB situation and their offseason options. The only thing he actually ever says about what the Browns were really doing and thinking (shocking news: Tony Grossi =/= Browns) was saying that it SEEMS like they weren't all in. Which a) doesn't mean the too short thing had anything at all to do with the organization and b) is not substantiated whatsoever, since that measly little sentence is literally all that's ever been reported about it. The sentence that surely was one beat writer's own analysis (and an awful beat writer at that).

And this isn't even getting into all of the substantiated reports that the Browns offered the same package as the Rams and wanted Griffin that have come from people that matter.

So that entire belief has no ground. None. It's based off of some really manipulative wording by a secondary source. Stop saying it.
    They didn't offer the same package as the Redskins. I know that from sources in STL. The Redskins threw in the second-rounder to top the Browns offer. The Rams told the teams to submit their top offers and they would pick among them. Washington just outbid Cleveland even though the Browns had more ammo to work with.
    Email me at: draftcampbell@gmail.com

Follow on twitter: @DraftCampbell

https://twitter.com/#!/DraftCampbell

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLegend View Post
    Did you guys see how Nink point shaved. Instead of picking the ball up and going for a TD he fell on it.
    Poor trolling attempt. The spread was -10. Pats would've won by nine.

Common Joe, I've seen you do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicCitySkin View Post
    Just a minor correction. RG3 only lost one fumble, although he did fumble twice, he managed to recover one of them. Also, the interception wasn't really his fault as the TE Paulsen hesitated on his route.
    Thanks. I'll have to look at the interception again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robley View Post
    You think I've called this out as being wrong this many times and haven't seen that?

I did a more in-depth refuting of it once before but here goes round 2:

This whole thing started because of some extremely misleading wording by the NFL article.

So the NFL writer is basing this entirely off of the report by Tony Grossi when he says that, but all it takes is a quick look at the ACTUAL Tony Grossi article. This is the opening of it:

That, right there, was all that was ever said about Griffin and that turned into everyone thinking the Browns made a conscious decision to not trade up simply because they thought he was too short to be worth it. No. There's obviously no evidence, at all, to draw that conclusion. The entirety of that belief is based on one actually original article. That article never at any point even implies that this was the Browns view. The wording is, very clearly, Tony Grossi's own analysis. Grossi is talking about what he thinks of the Browns QB situation and their offseason options. The only thing he actually ever says about what the Browns were really doing and thinking (shocking news: Tony Grossi =/= Browns) was saying that it SEEMS like they weren't all in. Which a) doesn't mean the too short thing had anything at all to do with the organization and b) is not substantiated whatsoever, since that measly little sentence is literally all that's ever been reported about it. The sentence that surely was one beat writer's own analysis (and an awful beat writer at that).

And this isn't even getting into all of the substantiated reports that the Browns offered the same package as the Rams and wanted Griffin that have come from people that matter.

So that entire belief has no ground. None. It's based off of some really manipulative wording by a secondary source. Stop saying it.
    What Charlie said. The bottom line is that the Browns did not value Griffin as much as the Redskins. Thus, they screwed up and set themselves back years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Hey Walt I'm not sure how you would factor this into your handicapping, but last week on The Herd I heard Vegas considers Cincinnatti the 6th best team in the league based on pure stats. Also, Vegas considers Center the 2nd most important position behind QB.
    Whaaaat? Has this person watched the Bengals at all this year?

Zodiac is offline You Can't F***ing Stop It Perennial Pro Bowler

I love media logic

Atlanta had a close wins against bad teams like Washington and Oakland!!!! They aren't good or complete they're lucky.

NE and NYG have close wins against the same and similar bad teams- Look at the resilence of the Patriots and Giants to pull it out in the end. That's what great teams do, they pull out the win at all odds. Rabble Rabble about the Giants D being great despite the fact they gave up more points to Wash at home than Atlanta's D did on the road

The media bias against Atlanta is astounding and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Today Golic said the Bears were more complete than Atlanta. Ok I can see the argument there about the Bears having maybe a bit better of a defense than Atlanta. But C'mon he said their offense was better. WHAT OFFENSE??? THEY PLAYED ONE DECENT PASS RUSHER THIS YEAR AND GOT TORN TO HELL!

I mean who have they played so far??? Indy, Jax, and St. Louis who all suck, they blew out a dysfunctional Dallas team and the one good team they played they got their asses handed to them in Lambeau
    Last edited by Zodiac; 10-22-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    I love media logic

Atlanta had a close wins against bad teams like Washington and Oakland!!!! They aren't good or complete they're lucky.

NE and NYG have close wins against the same and similar bad teams- Look at the resilence of the Patriots and Giants to pull it out in the end. That's what great teams do, they pull out the win at all odds. Rabble Rabble about the Giants D being great despite the fact they gave up more points to Wash at home than Atlanta's D did on the road

The media bias against Atlanta is astounding and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Today Golic said the Bears were more complete than Atlanta. Ok I can see the argument there about the Bears having maybe a bit better of a defense than Atlanta. But C'mon he said their offense was better. WHAT OFFENSE??? THEY PLAYED ONE DECENT PASS RUSHER THIS YEAR AND GOT TORN TO HELL!

I mean who have they played so far??? Indy, Jax, and St. Louis who all suck, they blew out a dysfunctional Dallas team and the one good team they played they got their asses handed to them at home.
    Everyone's trashing NE...?

As for the Giants, well, I feel like your team would've lost to them had RG3 stayed on the field. Nearly losing to the Panthers and Raiders is inexcusable. The Giants trashed Carolina on the road; you were a Cam Newton fumble away from losing

8. Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Whaaaat? Has this person watched the Bengals at all this year?
    He talks to R.J Bell from a betting website (idk if you want me saying the name of it on here) and Bell was the one who said Vegas considers the Bengals the 6th best team in the league.

I was surprised too.

Zodiac is offline You Can't F***ing Stop It Perennial Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Everyone's trashing NE...?

As for the Giants, well, I feel like your team would've lost to them had RG3 stayed on the field. Nearly losing to the Panthers and Raiders is inexcusable. The Giants trashed Carolina on the road; you were a Cam Newton fumble away from losing
    RG3 didn't do crap in that game. I'm sorry but he didn't, it was Alfred Morris that was killing us in that game not RG3. Kirk Cousins came in and made one pass and had more of an impact than RG3 did through 3 entire quarters of play.

Yea the Giants trashed Carolina then Carolina put all their effort into rebounding against us. That's a true statement too because after Cam and Co lost to us that is when this meltdown started they put everything they had into that game and they lost.

Granted we played an absolute **** game against Oakland, that has been our one awful game this year. The Redskins are actually a pretty decent team and that was a huge mismatch for us. We were on the road in terrible conditions for throwing the ball. Going against the NFL's best rushing team and we still pulled it out. I don't think the Giants pull that game out if it's in Washington in terrible conditions.

That's another thing, people are still calling us a damn dome team. We've played way better on the road this year as compared to home.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007

They didn't give JPP a sack when he forced a fumble

+ Reply to Thread