View Poll Results: Who do you think will win this match-up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seoul Dragons

7 53.85%
  • Sacramento Gladiators

6 46.15%
Closed Thread

Thread: 2014 BDL Week 6: Seoul Dragons @ Sacramento Gladiators

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011

2014 BDL Week 6: Seoul Dragons @ Sacramento Gladiators

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
    One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLegend View Post
    You guys are right im wrong.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Sacramento
    QB: Ryan Tannehill
    RB: Joique Bell
    WR: James Jones
    WR: Keenan Allen
    WR: Doug Baldwin
    TE: Brent Celek
    LT: Trent Williams
    LG: Austin Pasztor
    C: Alex Mack
    RG: Trai Turner
    RT: Phil Loadholt

RB: Lorenzo Taliaferro
    RB: Darrin Reaves
    WR: Hakeem Nicks
    WR: Markus Wheaton
    TE: Mychal Rivera
    Utility O-Lineman: Luke Bowanko

DE: Carlos Dunlap
    DT: Jurrell Casey
    DT: Allen Bailey
    DE: Cameron Wake
    OLB: Sio Moore
    MLB: Luke Kuechly
    OLB: Emmanuel Lamur
    CB: Prince Amukamara
    FS: Reshad Jones
    SS: Jonathan Cyprien
    CB: Chris Harris

DT/DE: Tyrone Crawford
    DE: Willie Young
    DT/DE: Malik Jackson
    LB: Avery Williamson
    CB: Orlando Scandrick
    CB: Marcus Cooper

K: Steven Hauschka
    P: Marquette King
    KR: Travis Benjamin
    PR: Travis Benjamin
    Last edited by jepg; 10-12-2014 at 05:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Seoul Dragons

Offense

Sac strength in defense is clearly their pass defense.That being said, their DL isn't as strong against the run as it is against the pass and their linebackers, aside from Kuechly obviously, are weak. Therefore, we want to attack this defensive front with heavy personnel. Recently signed DiMarco will pave the way for Tate and Davis who will rotate in the backfield. SJax will come in for short yardage situation. Running the ball effectively will help open up the passing game against a great pass defense. Matt Ryan is really good with play action passes and will be able to move the chains and take a couple of shots deep for a big play.

Defense

We don't fear Sacramento running game, so we'll run a defensive front that's all about pass rush. With 5 pass rushers on every play, Tannehill will be under a ton of pressure, which isn't something he reacts to really well. Plus, we want to keep rotating our defensive linemen to keep them fresh and keep the pressure coming. In coverage Dansby gets the TE, Davis gets the running back, Joseph gets Allen, Fuller gets Wheaton and Abdullah gets Baldwin. Gilchrist stays deep to prevent the big play. With pressure and good coverage, we should be able to create several turnovers.

ST

Kicker + Punter + Jacoby Jones

Sacramento Gladiators

Offence:

Going to run a fairly balanced offence over the course of the game though will run to set up the pass, their defence is pretty talented, but they don’t have any pass rushers we are especially wary of allowing Tannehill to be very deliberative when passing the ball. Will use a lot of screens to WR and RB and try to get yards after the catch, mix that up with a few long shots.

Regular rotation at RB – most carries will go to Joique, but we’ll rotate to keep our running backs fresh. Try to hit the outside often as we don’t respect their edge rushers ability to stop the run.

Defence:

No AJ Green so most likely a two TE offence, Garcon will be covered by Amukamara and Hilton will be covered by Harris, if Woods does come onto the field he’ll be tracked by Scandrick. We feel our CBs are talented enough that they can cover these players for a relatively long while and so force Matt Ryan to hold onto the ball.

Aim to stop their offence due to an extremely talented defensive line. Kalil is having a pretty awful year and so Cameron Wake should be able to get a lot of pressure against him. If we get continuous pressure on Ryan their offence will collapse especially as our corners are good enough to cover their WRs for several seconds.

Cyprien as usual is in his regular role within the box, Reshad Jones returns this week and will act as the deep safety and will help primarily with Hilton - though will sometimes come into the box and help with Ertz or L. Green.

Summary: Both defences are stronger than the offences – we have better pass rushers though and so from that should be able to get more turnovers than the Dragons. In addition to being at home should be a low scoring win for the Gladiators.
    Last edited by jepg; 10-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Both defences are stronger than the offences – we have better pass rushers though and so from that should be able to get more turnovers than the Dragons. In addition to being at home should be a low scoring win for the Gladiators.
    I've been pretty anti Jepgs team but I think this actually sums it up for me, Seoul's trenches are just struggling a bit.

Lineups, Jepg im assuming Lamur is just the early down guy and Kuechly/Moore every downers right?

Seoul, at this point, I dunno what is wrong with Matt Kalil but you probably should bench him. Keep Penn outside and just bite the bullet with Chester/Larsen as your guards till Mathis and Schwartz are back. And Geno Atkins, even if he hasn't been as dominate, shouldn't be on the bench.

5. Join Date
    May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
    I've been pretty anti Jepgs team but I think this actually sums it up for me, Seoul's trenches are just struggling a bit.

Lineups, Jepg im assuming Lamur is just the early down guy and Kuechly/Moore every downers right?

Seoul, at this point, I dunno what is wrong with Matt Kalil but you probably should bench him. Keep Penn outside and just bite the bullet with Chester/Larsen as your guards till Mathis and Schwartz are back. And Geno Atkins, even if he hasn't been as dominate, shouldn't be on the bench.
    I'm not benching Kalil to put Ted Larsen in. Larsen is every bit as bad as Kalil (probably even worse) so there's no upside in such a move. As soon as my guards are back though, Kalil will be benched. As for Atkins, I was just trying a new scheme and I'm not sure Atkins is a great fit in it. He'll be back starting next week though.

Finally, as for my lines "struggling". On offense, aside from Kalil obviously, everyone is playing pretty well. Sacramento has two guys playing well this year. And on defense, he obviously has the better DL (at least in terms of pass rush), but to say mine is struggling is hard. Johnson is for sure, but Werner has been pretty good the last couple of weeks, Redding is playing well, so is Mitchell, Curry just had 2 sacks Sunday, McLendon is a decent NT, Atkins play isn't terrible either. Sure I don't have a game-changer there, but I don't think it's terrible
    Looking for a BDL co-owner for the Seoul Dragons

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Not a big fan of either offense this week, but I think Seoul has enough firepower to edge this one out.
    Prayers out to Eric Berry.

SanchoPanza is offline Sawft Mod Justice A... Great... Playa... Like... JaMarcus...

Its a shame this game has been given the AIDs treatment for the week because its one of the closer games. Ill think it over some more

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012

Jepg definitely has the advantage in the trenches but that might be the worst group of skill position players in the league. It's just awful and I can't see him scoring at all. It's close, but I think Seoul will get it.

Closed Thread