+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 295

Thread: AFC North thread

  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tucked away in the mountains of PA.
    Posts
    7,766

    AFC North thread

    Since we have a handful of Steelers, Browns, and Ravens fans, with no Cincy fans, we should probably just throw the whole division in here. The more the merrier, no?

    Anyways, discuss matters pertaining to the AFCN squad of your choice here.

  2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,015

    Yay! We have our own thread (again)!

    I'm pretty disappointed in the Steelers coverage of the post-elimination season, especially the Senior Bowl. DallasCowboys.com has two one hour shows a week, and sent three people down to the Senior Bowl, where they did one show a day for each day of practice. What did we get? Squat.

    Did other teams from the division cover the Senior Bowl at all?
    The most honest man money can buy

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The land of no life...care to join me? Wait...you're not real...NONE OF THIS IS REAL......
    Posts
    2,817

    I never thought of bengals fans on here....they're more elusive than jaguars fans... well whatever the case ravens are awesome steelers are not *flies away*
    All hail the mighty steel curtain, it is literally made out of duct tape. Even mike tomlin says they kinda suck.

    http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...is-own-defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    One day we'll all appreciate Xmad and his posts which will read together as a Rosetta Stone of sorts, enabling us the ability to translate our current, modern English to that he and later generations will speak, if you would dare to call his version of communicating "English".
    Long live eric berry the highest paid safety in BDL. Who is also scared of horses, But beats cancer. #BDLStud


  4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tucked away in the mountains of PA.
    Posts
    7,766

    You usually don't see the Steelers do much for the draft until it's almost time for it to occur. I'll probably be glued to BTSC, WF, or any other good Steelers site I find for news.

  5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,015

    Quote Originally Posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    You usually don't see the Steelers do much for the draft until it's almost time for it to occur. I'll probably be glued to BTSC, WF, or any other good Steelers site I find for news.
    Ugh. I'd love to do some dental work on Neal Coolong or whatevs with a ball peen hammer.

    Idiot nerdraged for a year about us not drafting Lacy.
    The most honest man money can buy

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The land of no life...care to join me? Wait...you're not real...NONE OF THIS IS REAL......
    Posts
    2,817

    Steelers defense looks like a total rebuild at this point.....YAY
    All hail the mighty steel curtain, it is literally made out of duct tape. Even mike tomlin says they kinda suck.

    http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...is-own-defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukic View Post
    One day we'll all appreciate Xmad and his posts which will read together as a Rosetta Stone of sorts, enabling us the ability to translate our current, modern English to that he and later generations will speak, if you would dare to call his version of communicating "English".
    Long live eric berry the highest paid safety in BDL. Who is also scared of horses, But beats cancer. #BDLStud


  7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tucked away in the mountains of PA.
    Posts
    7,766

    Quote Originally Posted by Castiron View Post
    Ugh. I'd love to do some dental work on Neal Coolong or whatevs with a ball peen hammer.

    Idiot nerdraged for a year about us not drafting Lacy.
    Haha, yeah, hindsight is a ***** on that one. I wasn't thrilled with Bell at first, but the team wisely had him lose some of that Big 10 fat as a rookie to pick up speed. He liked it so much that he lost more weight and played at 225 this year. We saw how that turned out. Lacy is really good, but Bell fits this team like a glove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmadraven View Post
    Steelers defense looks like a total rebuild at this point.....YAY
    It's been that way for a couple of years. As much as I hate to say it, not having Troy or Ike in the lineup is addition by subtraction. I'm assuming that they will still be involved with the team in some way, just not on the field. Kiesel's injury will probably do him in. So the last man standing from that awesome 2008 D will probably be Harrison. Tuitt, Shazier, Shamarko, and McCullers are in development, Mitchell has another year in the system (ask me next year how I feel about that), the Rooneys have made resigning Worlids a priority, and I think Jarvis is entering kind of a make or break year. Plus, new draft picks or any FA signings. A few poor draft choices really hurt this defense (Ziggy Hood) as well as not being able to retain a few players (Keenan Lewis). I have faith in Butler to work with the talent available, rather than stick with the same complex system that Lebeau ran, which was counter-intuitive to a younger, rebuilding defense. And so here we are.
    Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 01-27-2015 at 09:28 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,015

    Quote Originally Posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
    Haha, yeah, hindsight is a ***** on that one. I wasn't thrilled with Bell at first, but the team wisely had him lose some of that Big 10 fat as a rookie to pick up speed. He liked it so much that he lost more weight and played at 225 this year. We saw how that turned out. Lacy is really good, but Bell fits this team like a glove.
    I just don't care for that personality type, especially considering it was a coin flip at the time. Bell is the better player, but I wouldn't have been too mad about Lacy. One "I'm ghey for Eddie" post would have been more than enough.
    The most honest man money can buy

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,015

    I wonder if Cleve loses Sheard this off-season. I've heard the staff doesn't think he's a particularly good fit at OLB.
    The most honest man money can buy

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Posts
    19,990

    I think Sheard might walk for more money. The Browns have a lot of money tied up into OLB right now, and may be looking to draft an option cheaper than extending him. He's not a game breaker, but he's been solid, and one of our better run stuffers. We don't have many of those.
    Last edited by Johnnyallstar; 01-31-2015 at 01:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts