+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Parker Wilson

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007

John Parker Wilson

The Alabama starting Quarterback was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine. I am just now seeing the Clemson/Alabama game and I must say I am very impressed with his decision making, the way he looks off receivers, the way he sees the field, his touch, and his mobility. I'm thinking Third Round prospect at this point. What do you all think.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Mid-Late round prospect. Certainly better than Matt Flynn and Erik Ainge at this point. JPW is a solid backup at best in the NFL.

He simply doesn't have the arm strength or awareness.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Week 1 CFB Capping: +11.4 units
    Week 2 CFB Capping: +10.4 units (10-4 ATS)
    Week 3 CFB Capping: -5.4 units (11-13 ATS)
    Week 4 CFB Picks: http://forum.walterfootball.com/show...97#post2308297

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Yes but we still haven't seen his total improvement from last year Matt. He is far better than many other guys chosen in Round 4 or 5 in 2008. That is where I get a possible Round 3. In the Clemson game I believe he showed great awareness. However we both know one game will not reflect consistent ability.

I will be watching him closely and talking to my buddy in Bama to see what improvements he has actually made and how good he really is. He didn't throw a ball over 30 yards in the Clemson game so I will be watching that as well.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    Yes but we still haven't seen his total improvement from last year Matt. He is far better than many other guys chosen in Round 4 or 5 in 2008. That is where I get a possible Round 3. In the Clemson game I believe he showed great awareness. However we both know one game will not reflect consistent ability.

I will be watching him closely and talking to my buddy in Bama to see what improvements he has actually made and how good he really is. He didn't throw a ball over 30 yards in the Clemson game so I will be watching that as well.
    It's easy to be a quarterback when you never face pressure and you running game is absolutely dominating, and you are getting a lot of opportunities with the football in good field position.

JPW didn't make mistakes and showed good timing offensively, but that doesn't mean he is better than QBs in the 4th or 5th round last year or that he is an NFL starting QB.

It's a knee jerk reaction to watch Clemson/Bama and suddenly think JPW is better than most signal callers in the 08 draft class.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Week 1 CFB Capping: +11.4 units
    Week 2 CFB Capping: +10.4 units (10-4 ATS)
    Week 3 CFB Capping: -5.4 units (11-13 ATS)
    Week 4 CFB Picks: http://forum.walterfootball.com/show...97#post2308297

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Yeah, I watched this game yesterday and was very impressed. Not as impressed by Cullen Harper though, but his line was crap all day, he didn't get much time... I think JPW looks really good but agree with Matt, quality recievers don't hurt either

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    It's easy to be a quarterback when you never face pressure and you running game is absolutely dominating, and you are getting a lot of opportunities with the football in good field position.

JPW didn't make mistakes and showed good timing offensively, but that doesn't mean he is better than QBs in the 4th or 5th round last year or that he is an NFL starting QB.

It's a knee jerk reaction to watch Clemson/Bama and suddenly think JPW is better than most signal callers in the 08 draft class.
    Never said he was better than most in the class. Only some of the earlier picks. Quarterbacks are often taken to soon and then some of them that are taken before they should be you could scratch your head at. I think if he can prove that he can play the way he did against Clemson consistently though that he can potentially be a poor man's John David Booty.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_Potter View Post
    Never said he was better than most in the class. Only some of the earlier picks. Quarterbacks are often taken to soon and then some of them that are taken before they should be you could scratch your head at. I think if he can prove that he can play the way he did against Clemson consistently though that he can potentially be a poor man's John David Booty.
    John David Booty is a poor man's John David Booty.

JPW has potential, and i'd sign on the bandwagon that he's better than a lot of the later round quarterbacks, especially the QB's last year...but like Matt, i don't see him being anything more spectacular than an ok backup.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

So one game against a team that was overrated and obviously unprepared for the game makes you raise JPW from an arena ball QB (which was what he was the last 2 years) to a possible 3rd round pick in the NFL?

His absolute ceiling MIGHT be an NFL backup, but good teams dont draft backup QB's in the 3rd round....wait, GM's are morons....hmmm... ok, he wont get drafted by the chargers/colts/pats or bears*, but I guess the 3rd round is a possibility. Only if he keeps up this play all year though.

* denotes not due to great management, but due to the fact that they will never take a QB in the first 5 rounds

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Ummm. Drum, did you not read the whole thing. I didn't know **** about him until a buddy told me about him last week. How can I raise someone I have never heard of before recently?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Your a smart guy, if you didnt know **** about him, how good could he have been to begin with?

+ Reply to Thread