+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33
FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: Giants-Redskins Opening Night In-Game Thread

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008

I saw like half of the game (stupid POLI class) and the Redskins stuck majorly...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Walt, what are the notes going to be?

Dear Washington,

Jason Campbell sucks. Draft a new QB. Oh and Smoot is trash, draft a CB next April.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I still don't have any TV.

5. I stayed up late to watch that game here (in London). Should have just gone to bed, instead. Mind you, much of the boredom was generated by the complete ineptitude of the Skins: they might be a surprise Bottom Five team this year if they carry on like that....
    The beginning of wisdom is found in doubting; by doubting we come to the question, and by seeking we may come upon the truth.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007

Tough game to analyze for the Giants D because of how bad the Redskins offense looked. Campbell didn’t look ready to go. The Giants do stop the run which is why they could win games like this and is so important. It gets taken for granted but other teams can’t do it. The offense just needs to finish better and score more in the future. They may have kept it more conservative in the second half but they could have used another score and didn’t get it. Redskins adjusted well. There were a couple of miscues and miscommunications they need to work out but it was encouraging to see them move the ball like they did.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Buress scored 13 Points for me
    Portis 8.

Thats less waht i hoped from Portis.

He played the Giants D thou.
    Therefore it was okay.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Redskins Are Boring

Agreed Distant Ram. It is ironic that Dan Synder is heavily involved in entertainment businesses (Six Flags, movie production company) and spends a ton of money on his football team then perrenially, they go out and put everyone to sleep and never really contend for the division.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Both teams looked bad from what I saw. The Giants looked flat, their only weapon seemed to be Burress. Luckily for them, the Redskins couldn't cover him at all. Had it not been for Burress, this game would have been a 7-3 Redskins win. Neither defense was impressive, Campbell usually had time and open receivers, but he just didn't hit them. The one TD he had was mostly the result of Stantana Moss beating the defense. Manning was his usual erratic self, throwing some ducks with the occasional zinger to Burress. Zero catches from TE's on either side. Ugh, talk about fantasy football annoyance.

Also, the contention that the NFC East is "the heavy weight division in football" is laughable. I seriously was laughing my ass off at the stupidity of that comment. The Cowboys are the only good team they have, the Giants are mediocre, and the Redskins and Eagles suck.

A whopping $0.02,

--Z

WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

+ Reply to Thread