+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daunte Culpepper retires

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007

Daunte Culpepper retires

Daunte Culpepper summed up his thoughts Thursday in two words, which ushered in the start of a new era for the former Pro Bowl quarterback.

“Farewell NFL,” he wrote.

Culpepper retired from the NFL and I think he means it unlike Farve
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Why didn't anyone want him?
    Haters gonna hate.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008

I figure that the Steelers signed a younger version of him in Leftwich. I thought he couldn't read defenses and held on the ball too long and now he can't scramble. Just my 2 cents.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Why didn't anyone want him?
    Because he sucks.

Even when he was with the Vikings and had one of the most talented offenses in the NFL around him, he was hard to watch. The guy fumbled constantly, and regularly made terrible decisions. Back before he blew out his knee, he could use his athelticism to get out of his self-induced jams. However, once his knee imploded, he just became an immobile QB with medoicre accuracy, sub-par decision making skills, and a horrific tendacy to fumble.
    Last edited by ZN0rseman; 09-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.

WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

His letter was awesome. It nearly made me change my facebook status to something moving...the bit about Gene Upshaw and 'honoring his name' is a bit lame but aside from that I think it's pretty heartfelt and you can really feel the guys pain and frustration. He should write erotic novels.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

He couldnt find a job because he wouldnt sign for the veteran minimum. He got greedy I guess.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Maybe he'll come up to Canada and play in the CFL like all of the rest of the NFL's garbage. Oh well. He'll probably be the best QB in the league.

He didn't have an agent. He could have found a backup job somewhere but he gave up.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007

I don't think it was greed, I think he just didn't see an oppertunity to start and he wants to be the same superstar he used to be.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    Because he sucks.

Even when he was with the Vikings and had one of the most talented offenses in the NFL around him, he was hard to watch. The guy fumbled constantly, and regularly made terrible decisions. Back before he blew out his knee, he could use his athelticism to get out of his self-induced jams. However, once his knee imploded, he just became an immobile QB with medoicre accuracy, sub-par decision making skills, and a horrific tendacy to fumble.
    Agree 100%
    I remember when the Bills sacked him like 6 times and he fumbled on like 3 of them.

+ Reply to Thread