+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst fantasy Draft ever

1. Worst fantasy Draft ever

Being the commissioner of the League that is discussed in this post and in the NFL picks section. I have to clarify a few things.

Lets start that the great WalterFootball was in this league last year and not once did he complain about the waiver wire. the first time I heard about it was when I asked him to be in the league again this year. As I do every year, I ask everyone to review the rules in advance and let me know if they don't agree with something and if they bring up a valid point I have no problem of changing. Not one person has complained about the waiver wire once. I guess it's the excuse he needed because he did not make the playoffs of a league that had the worst draft ever. Oh I know he has no time to pick up players, but he has time to analyze a draft that he is not in and keep track of a league that should not concern him. The person that he is referring to as BoBo in his rants is my roommate, who replaced Walt in the league and has never played fantasy football before. He is also very busy working two jobs, managing a dozen of his investment properties and you know having sex with girls and going out. We call him BoBo because his real name is Boris and he is of Russian decent. Oh I see how that is funny, wait Walt where are your parents from? the funny thing is that I like Walt and his parents are really nice people. It's fine that most of his parties are filled with Dudes, but hey it is what it is. the sad thing is that when I first found out that Walt had a website, I told all my friends about it because they bet thousands a week and they all became frequent visitors to his site. These are the same people he just bashed in his Colum. I don't go to his website and had to hear it from them, so I am posting this.

The person that is feeding all this information to Walt is his neighbor and business partner Steve, who is in my league. Steve is one of my best friends and someone I have known for years. Steve also was in the league last year and proclaimed his team was the best at the start of the year. Steve did not make the playoffs...Guess they are not very good at fantasy. Steve is a natural attention whore, but this comes with his personality and his career of a sales women and this is why we love him. He has a tendency to post his various sales ventures on our message board in the league. Steve once again thought he had a great team and let us know about it. he felt real good about getting Brady in the second round. I thought this was not a big deal because in my opinion Romo was a better option, but hey what do I know I only won the league last year plus I don't pick a QB till the later rounds anyway.

Here is where we come to some stuff that made me mad. Brady goes down as the early game last week. I do not care because I hate the Pats and did not have any of them on my team. The whole day goes by and I log on again at around 9pm. I check the message board and what do you know Steve is talking all types of smack to another player. I look at the time of this post and it is 7:22. I read the nonsense that he posted and moved on to the transactions almost sure to find someone has picked up Cassel. What do you know the stupid babbling idiot did not pick him up yet. Just because I want to rub it in his face and for the pure joy I grab him. Side note Steve is 5th on the waiver wire and I am second, so in traditional rules he doesn't get him anyway. 5 minutes later I get a text *****ing and moaning how the league sucks and how the waiver wire is messed up and he was busy all day to pick him up. hey duesch bag you were on at 7 and instead of picking him up you wrote some dumb stuff on the message board! Play better!

Now today I get a phone call from Bo-Bo saying that Walter has written something else. I guess he found some time in his busy schedule to write more about a league that he is not in. Could of picked up a player in that time. BTW..I checked the transactions and there is a max of like 6 per week. So, I go on this website and try to dig through all the useless crap on it, like the Mock draft for 2039. I eventually call the person that told Bo-Bo about the article and he directs me to it. I read it and it says that I picked up Brady 20 minutes after he went down...Now now that is not true. I guess Steve has been telling half truths to make himself look good. Now not only is he writing about a league he is not in, he is also lying on his website about a league he is not in. Another thing, 70 points from Steve's team is not a surprise when Brady goes down, so don't make a big deal about it.

Now Walter if this was such a bad league and for a significant amount of money I would of paid double to be in it with your expertise. Don't make me go over last years draft and show your readers what you did.

Igor(Yes, that is my name...It's Russian and Walt will probably think it's funny)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Cassel sucks anyway. Don't worry about him doing anything.

And this is interesting from a different point of view.

Good for Bobo getting paid and banging hos but someone should teach him how to play.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

LOL someone doesn't have a sense of humor.

You can post my draft if you want; I'll admit that I screwed up on two picks:

The second round, which was Cedric Benson, who looked good in 2006 and was the sole ball-carrier for a run-heavy team.

And I foolishly went Vince Young over Tony Romo in Round 6, only because your league counted less for passing yards (1 pt for 40 yards) than rushing yards (standard 1 pt for 10 yds). Young finished the 2006 season as one of the top fantasy QBs, but didn't run nearly as much in '07.

Still, pretty dumb on my part to go Young over Romo when I loved Romo last season, but with your lacking waiver rules, I wasn't able to pick up a Kurt Warner or someone like that - which, as I've noted, is the reason I didn't come back.

Nevertheless, I began the year 2-1, but lost five or so games in a row once my first-round pick (Joseph Addai) went down with an injury. That wrecked my team.

Seriously, man, if you can't handle a sarcastic/amusing column where I didn't mention anyone by their real name, you should seek counseling. I consider you a friend, but your post is troubling.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Someone call the WAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod. www.footballclod.wordpress.com

5. Your reply is what I knew it would be. I wrote about a page and the only thing that you started defending is your draft from last year. Honestly I had no idea who you even had last year, but I put that in to prove a point. You attacked my league and I came to it's defense. Just like you tried to defend your picks from last year.
    Trust me this is all in good fun, but we just don't have a website to post stuff, so I had to get the word out somehow.

I mean I can cut and paste some of the comments on my leagues message boards, but I don't think your moderators would enjoy **** stuff out...lol

BTW...if you want to start a battle column, I am up for it where I tottaly disagree with everything you say..lol this could work!

BoBo was 2 points away from tieing this week and even picked up Pierre Thomas of the wire...You woke up a monster!

Haha, hey I'm rooting for Bo-Bo to win the league. If he does, it could totally revolutionize the way people draft in fantasy football. No RBs till Round 7!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Haha, hey I'm rooting for Bo-Bo to win the league. If he does, it could totally revolutionize the way people draft in fantasy football. No RBs till Round 7!
    Hey Walt.

You know i m from Germany and that i am really thankful that you are doing all this stuff about football and everything but you are totally missing the point in this discussion.

i dont think its funny that you go on bashing bobo.

sure my first fantasy draft was better but i followed your website.

if bobo has no time you have to accept it. i think its nice from him to fill in.

also its not cool that you go on bashin bobo instead of discussing the matter.

Iggy has some good points you cant/dont answer.

dont talk around it talk about it...

iggy
    one of my good friends over here is named igor we also call him iggy.

he is a pretty cool dude.

A2X,

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the purpose of that article wasn't to hurt Bo-Bo's feelings or to bash the league.

The purpose of that article was to entertain people, and I received positive feedback from it, as people seemed to enjoy it and get a good laugh out of it. In a sense, the article posed the same purpose as the Emmitt Smith Anthology.

Now, Emmitt is a public figure and Bo-Bo isn't, but Bo-Bo isn't even the guy's real name. It's an obscure nickname no one would recognize. I didn't list the guy's full name. I didn't even think he, or anyone else from the league (Schmidty excluded) would even see this article.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I would like a Bo-Bo update for every week of the season. My guess is he is 0-2 so far.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

+ Reply to Thread