+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroes Season 3 Premiere Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Walter is online now Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Heroes Season 3 Premiere Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Wow. Could be the best season ever. I can't believe Sylar is a Petrelli. I want to hear the explanation for this.

Some notes I picked up:

1. We now know how Peter was able to see himself flying and blowing up NYC in Season 1. He absorbed his mom's ability and saw visions. Pretty cool that the writers had the foresight for this.

2. Hiro talking to Ando about the future is an example of the Grandfather Paradox. By seeing the future and becoming wary of Ando and not trusting him, he's setting up a potential rift between the two friends.

But I don't think that was really Ando in the future. I'm calling it - I think it was that Knox character... the one who turns your nightmares against you. Hiro's greatest nightmare would be his most trusted friend killing him. I believe that's what he saw. Like I said, I'm calling it - it was Knox shooting the red laser; not Ando.

3. I called Linderman being some sort of ghost before it was revealed... OK about 30 seconds. When Nathan and Linderman were first playing chess, I said to myself, "Wait a second? Has anyone acknowledged that Linderman is here??? Because it's kind of odd that he's playing chess for Nathan so late."

Linderman can't be a ghost because he healed Nathan, obviously. Does he have another power where only certain people can see him?

4. Noah Bennett is a bit misinformed. Once he saw that Sylar had healing abilities, why didn't he shoot him in the head? As Victoria Pratt said, "One shot to the head." Right?

5. Bob is dead

6. I don't like this new Mohinder. I liked the bumbling scientist. I don't know what's happening with him. It actually looked like he was de-evolving.

7. I don't know where to start with Nikki Sanders. Perhaps the Haitian had something to do with this... But how did she get a new ability? Maybe all of Nikki's split personalities have different powers. Jessica had super strength. Gina had the power to do lines of coke and still be lucid 10 seconds later. Now Tracy can freeze people to death.

8. LOL at the scene where Parkman thought the turtle told him to drink water out of the plant. "Thank you, Mr. Turtle."

Let's get some discussion going here because this is going to be a long 7 days. I may rewatch these episodes again so I can notice if anyone ever spots Linderman.

3. I agree with most of what you said.

-I pick the linderman thing up when nikki/tracey didn't register his presence.

-With Ando I intially thought that hiro went bad/became misguided rather than Ando though now you mention it you have to be right about it being Knox

-I saw sylar being a petrelli for awhile don't know how it quite fits in but I just thought that him and Peter being so similar in powers there had to be a connection and the whole good twin bad twin(not sure if they are actually twins but I'm leaning that way) motif was too much of a cliche for the writers to pass up on

- really looking forward to seeing what elle does she has so much potential as a character

My only problem with the whole show is it needs some direction. At the moment a bit like lost and to a certain extent prison break were you just can't see a clear ending in sight or even a defined direction hopefully this season will provide it or I think i may lose interest

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Wow. Could be the best season ever. I can't believe Sylar is a Petrelli. I want to hear the explanation for this.

Some notes I picked up:

1. We now know how Peter was able to see himself flying and blowing up NYC in Season 1. He absorbed his mom's ability and saw visions. Pretty cool that the writers had the foresight for this.

2. Hiro talking to Ando about the future is an example of the Grandfather Paradox. By seeing the future and becoming wary of Ando and not trusting him, he's setting up a potential rift between the two friends.

But I don't think that was really Ando in the future. I'm calling it - I think it was that Knox character... the one who turns your nightmares against you. Hiro's greatest nightmare would be his most trusted friend killing him. I believe that's what he saw. Like I said, I'm calling it - it was Knox shooting the red laser; not Ando.

3. I called Linderman being some sort of ghost before it was revealed... OK about 30 seconds. When Nathan and Linderman were first playing chess, I said to myself, "Wait a second? Has anyone acknowledged that Linderman is here??? Because it's kind of odd that he's playing chess for Nathan so late."

Linderman can't be a ghost because he healed Nathan, obviously. Does he have another power where only certain people can see him?

4. Noah Bennett is a bit misinformed. Once he saw that Sylar had healing abilities, why didn't he shoot him in the head? As Victoria Pratt said, "One shot to the head." Right?

5. Bob is dead

6. I don't like this new Mohinder. I liked the bumbling scientist. I don't know what's happening with him. It actually looked like he was de-evolving.

7. I don't know where to start with Nikki Sanders. Perhaps the Haitian had something to do with this... But how did she get a new ability? Maybe all of Nikki's split personalities have different powers. Jessica had super strength. Gina had the power to do lines of coke and still be lucid 10 seconds later. Now Tracy can freeze people to death.

8. LOL at the scene where Parkman thought the turtle told him to drink water out of the plant. "Thank you, Mr. Turtle."

Let's get some discussion going here because this is going to be a long 7 days. I may rewatch these episodes again so I can notice if anyone ever spots Linderman.
    What Sylar a Petrelli? I thought maybe she had manipulation powers as well. That seemed to make more sense to me.

Linderman is a healer of others. It was never reveled if he could also heal himself. I dunno I guess he's dead, but projecting in Nathan's mind. Some other person might have a hand in that.

I thought Noah was too shocked to see that Sylar could heal.

Bob sucked glad he died.

Mohinder is interesting. I can't wait to see that peeling skin or bumps on this back explained. At least he finally got laid.

I'm guessing Niki's personality of Tracy saved her from the fire with the ice ability, I'm sure they will explain that once her son (forgot his name) accidently runs into her.

Ya that Parkman scene was funny. I wonder what that Africians role is? He seems to be a painter of future events.

I can't wait to see the Villians use there powers. The Puerto Rican that Peter "is in" is supposed to have an awesome power in sound manipulation. Just like in The Happening I believe he can make people kill themselves.

The German is like Magneto with metal manipulation.

The blue fire guy looks gay.

I'm waiting to see the black villian use his power. It looks devastating. Did you see what he did to Claire in that dream scene?
    Last edited by Vbsiena; 09-24-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007

P.S. Hayden Panettiere is AMAZING!

I want to do naughty naughty things to her 19 year old tiny supple body.

WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007

I'm gonna watch it tonight

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Damn!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007

That was a raw, bad ass Heroes. A lot of stuff to digest. Hopefully they can keep it all together but I liked the new feel to it. I figured Linderman from the beginning, the chess scene reminded me of Hurley and Eko. When I first saw Mohinder, I thought of Jeff Goldblume in the Fly. Too many paradoxes involved with time travel but we will just have to deal and forgot about them.

+ Reply to Thread