+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Thread - Spoilers for Episode 20 (Scroll down for it)

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Wow. What an awesome episode.

Arthur Petrelli and Adam's Death:

So, Arthur Petrelli takes powers, eh?

I wonder what made him going into a comatose state in the first place.

Apparently, he took Maury Parkman's ability, which is how he was able to communicate with him in Episode 5, and how he telepathically told Adam Monroe that he would take his regenerative ability.

So, poor Adam Monroe's regenerative ability was stripped from him, and he became what he should have been - a 400-year-old pile of ash. Adam just aged 360 years in a matter of seconds. Ouch.

I have to wonder though, why Arthur just didn't take Adam's ability. I guess the writers did this to show that you don't **** around with Arthur Petrelli - easily eliminating the villain from Season 2 will do that... But Adam would have easily been on Arthur's side. Maybe Adam did something to piss Arthur off. I hope we'll find out.

But I guess Momma Petrelli's vision was wrong. She saw Maury/Knox/Tracy or Barbara/Adam standing together. Maybe Arthur assuming Adam's body via ability, but I doubt it. Plot loop hole? I hope not.

Parkman:

High-five turtle!

Haha classic.

Hiro and Ando:

LOL I love it when Hiro said, "Hello, Mr. African Isaac?" Very amusing.

And... "They all look the same." "That's racist." LOL.
    Funny scenes when Hiro kept seeing himself get hit in the head with a shovel.

Anyway, glad to see Ando wasn't really dead. I didn't think he was, but I had a feeling Hiro turned douchebag. Glad to see they're still working together, better friends than ever.

Who were the four villains pictured?

Top Left was Arthur. I loved how he looked like two-face in the painting.

Bottom Left was Knox

Bottom Right was Maury Parkman

Who was the guy on the Top Left? Sort of looked like Peter but with a goatee.

Here's a pic:

Peter and Dying of the Light

Confusing title name.

Peter was supposed to be the only hope... the only light at the end of the tunnel. That light died when Arthur sucked in his power.

Good thing Sylar killed a bunch of people - otherwise no one could stop Arthur! LOL

Oh, and I guess Peter's hunger is gone. w00t

Angela's Dream

So, Angela really can't move... but I'm confused why Arthur told her that he couldn't have her power because it was too dangerous. Why would seeing the future be too dangerous for him?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007

I really liked this episode too.

Maybe Arthur couldn’t just take Adam’s abilities. Like you said, once he took them, he automatically aged. Unless you think he can take them while leaving the other person with their abilities like you‘re assuming with Maury.

What is going to happen with Peter now? What a turn of events that was. The need Sylar to kick ass.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I'm sad I wanted Parkman to get with Daphne. But he changed the timeline and it doesn't look like that is going to happen
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NCAAB Record (3-4)
    Next Game - 12/13 vs Albany (2-6)
    Last Game - 12/7 @ Rider (4-5) L 68-80
    Prize Pool Total = $6

Season long bets

Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
    Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
    Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
    Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
    Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
    Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
    Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
    Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Claire pic week 6 (age 17-18)

Siena NCAAB Record (3-4)
    Prize Pool Total = $6

Season long bets

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

Quote Originally Posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    I'm sad I wanted Parkman to get with Daphne. But he changed the timeline and it doesn't look like that is going to happen
    Or maybe that's how they were supposed to meet in the first place. I think they'll still be together.

Or maybe they won't... think about it. If they never married, she could have never asked Parkman's adopted daughter where to find future Peter, so she never would have gotten "blowed up" and she wouldn't have died.

So maybe he just saved her.

I would like to see them together though.

McNulty is online now The Mod that was Promised Football Debacler

I never saw this Heroes thread before...pimp.

Totally agree with you Walt, Hiro and Ando's banter is awesome. I love when Ando clubs the Haitian so they can grab the briefcase/formula and Hiro asks him what the hell he is doing and Ando replies "i'm being awesome." but "Mr. African Ee-sack" is probably even better. Hiro is adorable.

I also agree with those who don't like the Mohinder monster thing. I hate it. I understand that the underlying theme of the show is that everyone has hero and villain within them and that everyone is capable of evil, but I liked having at least one normal character whom you could use as some sort of foundation or centering point for morality and good/evil on the show. Now probably the only true good guy is Parkman, even though his wife works for Pinehearst and with Knox (known bad guy in the future)

I like two of the new villains are from The Wire.

Personally I think nathan and Sylar have evolved into the two most compelling characters on the show. I am kinda mad that there isn't going to be a Peter versus Sylar bad ass showdown down the line.

and I'm sorry Siena, but Claire just doesn't do it for me. her ass is too big for my liking, her head is like a ****ing watermelon and she's a terrible actress. Ali Larter (Tracy, Niki) has a booooomb body, but her face is kinda intense, kinda mannish

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by McNulty View Post
    and I'm sorry Siena, but Claire just doesn't do it for me. her ass is too big for my liking, her head is like a ****ing watermelon and she's a terrible actress. Ali Larter (Tracy, Niki) has a booooomb body, but her face is kinda intense, kinda mannish
    Blasphemy

Siena NCAAB Record (3-4)
    Prize Pool Total = $6

Season long bets

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007

I'm not a huge Claire fan either. She's hot but not exactly my type.

In the picture where they showed the founders last year, there was a guy with a mustache named Carlos Mendez but he seems to round to be the guy in the painting.

I think this is how Peter might gets his scar, when he doesn't have his powers, but I don't know if the producers would want to do that now.

McNulty is online now The Mod that was Promised Football Debacler

I think he looks more like Sylar

or a young Lenin
    Last edited by McNulty; 10-22-2008 at 12:12 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Or maybe that's how they were supposed to meet in the first place. I think they'll still be together.

Or maybe they won't... think about it. If they never married, she could have never asked Parkman's adopted daughter where to find future Peter, so she never would have gotten "blowed up" and she wouldn't have died.

So maybe he just saved her.

I would like to see them together though.
    Well Parkman might have saved her from being blown up simply by altering the future, but hes definitely going to try and save her from her present. He could obviously tell she didn't like being involved with Pinehurst and those people, so he will try and get her to follow a different path.

I would imagine that Peter is going to try and find a way to get a power again, and since Mohinder said that each person's ability is specific to their personality or whatever, he will probably end up with his original power if he can find a formula with no side effects.

+ Reply to Thread