+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NOV. 5 - Week 10 Picks (10/14), Matt's 2009 NFL Mock Draft Update + Draft Blog Update

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

NOV. 5 - Week 10 Picks (10/14), Matt's 2009 NFL Mock Draft Update + Draft Blog Update

Week 10 NFL Picks - Ten of my Week 10 NFL Picks are posted - the Thursday night contest, all the early games and one late matchup. A bunch of high-unit plays. 11/5

Matt McGuire's 2009 NFL Mock Draft - Matt McGuire has updated his 2009 NFL Mock Draft (2 Rounds) for Nov. 5. A surprise new entry in the top 15! 11/5

2008 Fantasy Football Week 10: Start Em, Sit Em - With Matt Schaub out and a matchup against the Ravens, should you actually consider sitting Andre Johnson? What about Marshawn Lynch versus the Patriots? 11/5

Matt McGuire's NFL Matt Draft Blog - Matt McGuire talks about Matt Stafford and his potential in the 2009 NFL Draft. 11/5

2009 NFL Mock Draft Database - Looking for more 2009 NFL Mock Drafts? I have 82 listed. FIVE updates. 11/5

2008 NFL Free Agents - All of the 2008 NFL Free Agents, listed by position, ranking and age (4 cuts/signings on Wednesday - ALL FREE AGENCY LISTS UPDATED.) 11/5

NBA Picks - NBA Picks are back! Three plays for Wednesday. 11/5

NHL Hockey Picks - Four weeks in the books and still in the black. One pick for Wednesday. 11/5

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007

nice. gb is all about being "strong up the middle" and thompson views his 1 and 2 rd picks as "investments" so he picks the best players and chooses for need later on.
    scott wells is a good player, but i would not be surprised if they went with mack, if he's as good as you guys are saying he is. just thompson's style.
    terrance taylor, i'm not sure if his attitude would fit super in gb. it might, but if he's got the typical-michigan-DT-ego going on, i would doubt it. bj raji would also fit the scheme well and currently plays for former packers O-coor. jeff jagodzinski at BC. an interesting connection. just some food for thought, matt. great job overall of realizing the little things about teams and players and fitting them together.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007

also, i would like to comment about chase coffman, who might be a nice sexy pick for the packers.

his father, paul, is the franchise's all-time leading TE, who played in the bad 80s with lynn dickey and james lofton and john jefferson.

jermichael finley essentially just flapped his oversized gums the hell out of GB. after dropping a fourth down pass and a touchdown, he criticized rodgers and then the coaching staff. look for him to be inactive the remainder of the season and replaced, either via trade or just getting cut. what a major douche. that stuff doesn't fly in that locker room.

4. How come your mock is based on power rankings? Isn't it time to start going off the standings?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Yeah no doubt. OAK may be worse than DET but a 2 game lead in the race to Michael Oher will be tough to overcome.

6. The Bucks are only favored by 1.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Walt, what the hell are you talking about here:

"People forget that [the Bills] impressively beat the Chargers by nine and the Seahawks (with Matt Hasselbeck) by 24. They also won at Jacksonville. All three of their losses are to teams that are .500 or better right now."

One team is 2-6 and the others are 3-5, how does that make them underrated. They have not beaten a team with a winning record. Am I to believe they are going to go in to Foxborough and beat a 5-3 Pats squad. Nahhh.

8. Considering the Bills history of games in NE, I'm pretty confident they won't cover the spread and/or win the game. Bellichick owns us.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by LovemyBills View Post
    How come your mock is based on power rankings? Isn't it time to start going off the standings?
    We are only 9 weeks into the season. The draft order is still extremely premature.

Plus it doesn't matter that much anyways. A mock draft at this time is more about the players in the mock draft (where they are situated and to what schemes) rather than who is picking where.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 11-05-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    Haters gonna hate.

+ Reply to Thread