1. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    He'll be a 3rd rounder in Joey_Potter's next mock
    Teehee!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Yeah man Vontae Davis has had a phenomenal season. 10 pass break ups, 78 tackles, elite speed, and great coverage ability.

5 star player? We shall see...
    I know he played very well when I saw him. I just don't know why he was benched. That question will be lingering.

He can also lay a hat on people. I saw him lay a guy out earlier this year and they were both down a while.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Don't give it all in practice your development will be slower. He is fortunate enough to have enough talent to still go in Round 1. If he did that in games too I would knock his ass way down. However he gives it all in games and has a lot of talent so I can't knock him as far down as I would like.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007

RUMOR MILL

There is reportedly word circulating in college football locker rooms that this year's number of underclassmen to enter the NFL Draft could "shatter" last year's record of 62.
    There could be 80 underclassmen, if not more, because the NFL's next CBA may include an NBA-like pay scale beginning in 2010. Especially at the top of the draft, collegiates will be able to make much more without the limitations. Early entrants have until January 15 to declare for the draft.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...556?source=rss

I'm pumped!
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Plays:

Waiting for Football Season

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    RUMOR MILL

There is reportedly word circulating in college football locker rooms that this year's number of underclassmen to enter the NFL Draft could "shatter" last year's record of 62.
    There could be 80 underclassmen, if not more, because the NFL's next CBA may include an NBA-like pay scale beginning in 2010. Especially at the top of the draft, collegiates will be able to make much more without the limitations. Early entrants have until January 15 to declare for the draft.

http://www.denverpost.com/sportshead...556?source=rss

I'm pumped!
    Even with an NBA like pay scale, mid 1st round picks and on would be paid at about the same rate they are now. We only want a pay scale to limit how much those top 8 picks are paid. There are no issues after that. Therefore, declaring for the draft would be pretty dumb for 80-90% of those underclassmen just based on next year's supposed pay scale.
    Haters gonna hate.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007

Quote Originally Posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
    You can count on bulldog to break the big news
    is brannan southerland still the top-rated FB?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Sen'Derrick Marks has declared. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3799449

8. Anthony Reddick, S, Miami

Also on Sunday, Shannon said defensive back Anthony Reddick -- who could have sought to play one more season at Miami if he wanted after missing last year with a knee injury, something that plagued him during his five years with the Hurricanes -- will leave with hopes of playing in the NFL next season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008

A new pay scale would not kick in until the 2011 Draft. A bunch of these players are getting conned by their agents telling them its the last time they can make big $. All this according to fat Peter King: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ail/index.html
    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is making it clear to college coaches and conference commissioners that the league won't have different rookie-pool rules in 2010. Thus, it's a faulty premise some agents are throwing at junior-eligible players that the 2009 draft is the last chance for rookies to hit the mother lode.

"The reality,'' Goodell tells SI.com, "is that the large majority of agents realize it's not going to change dramatically in the next year. The problem is there are a few who are encouraging some players ... A select number of agents are encouraging these young players to come out, and I don't think it's practical.''

Goodell has talked with six conference commissioners, USC coach Pete Carroll and Florida coach Urban Meyer and told them the same thing: We're going to get the word out that we're not on the verge of changing the salary structure for rookies. "They're worried,'' Goodell said. "They say they want their players to make the best decision they can, but some unscrupulous agents are trying to influence players to come out in 2009.''

Goodell told me the league is committed to changing the current system that rewards first-round rookies with big contracts and guaranteed money, but because the negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement won't start until at least the middle of 2009, there's no way the deal will get done by 2010. Thus, the rules for the 2010 draft will almost certainly be the same as the 2009 draft.

"There's some resistance on new rookie rules from the union, obviously,'' said Goodell. "They like the system that's in place. But we are committed to making a change [to lessen the guaranteed money for rookies]. That's one aspect of the negotiations that has to take place. Once the new union leadership is determined, we will sit down and get those talks going, but that probably won't happen, I wouldn't think, until the summer [of 2009].''
    NY Giants fan since birth.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008

Peter King is terrible, just like Todd McShay.

+ Reply to Thread