It was a mistake that we got Favre.
As per Walts request:
Ok, here is the write-up (I am leaving the game stuff for your enjoyment):
As you know I attended the Jets game today:
· OK, it is official, Jets fans are the worst. Your team is up and you are booing…the cheerleaders? Seriously, and they were selected to the Pro-Bowl… Even Eagles fans would not sink that low.
· Nothing beats a game day experience than drunk fans and I had one next to me screaming obscenities about Favre and how he and his wife are white trash…good times.
· Two fights broke out, between fans, which is always nice.
· Also, in the 4th Quarter, the Meadowlands turned into Dolphin Stadium in two ways. One there were a ton of empty seats and Dolphins chants abounded.
· If I ever wanted amusement, I would watch Mangini on the sidelines, acting like Art Shell, barely moving and showing no emotion.
· I should also mention the celebrations at the Meadowlands:
o Jets First Down: Announcer goes “Jets”, people go “first down”, I go “groan”
o Jets field goal: 1 round of fireworks
o Jets touchdown: 3 rounds of fireworks
· On to the game itself: I was convinced that Chad thought at times he was still playing for the Jets and he had a near pick in which he threw the ball between the numbers to number 50 on the Jets.
· Still he put himself together, and improved as the game went on, throwing impressively.
· Favre, was his turnover prone self and decided to give the Fins 7 points, which was the margin of victory (I went to the bathroom right before that play…needless to say I was pissed that I missed it)
It was a mistake that we got Favre.
Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!
I think Jets fans should be thrilled that they missed the doggone playoffs. Now the turnover prone, 500 years old, QB only cost them a third round pick. If they would have gotten to the playoff and been badly beaten (and with that I mean really bedly beaten) by the Ravens he would have cost them a second rounder.
Forgive me I'm Swedish!
After I saw the Ravens were up 24-7 on the Jags I was rooting for Miami.
If the Jets can't make it at least they can bring down the Patriots with them.
That being said I give loads of credit to Miami's coaching staff. they got max talent out of their players and should be very proud of a great turnaround in just 1 season.
WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator
Siena NCAAB Record (3-4)
Next Game - 12/13 vs Albany (2-6)
Last Game - 12/7 @ Rider (4-5) L 68-80
Prize Pool Total = $6
Season long bets
Trent Richardson Under 825.5 RY 3 units
Tom Brady Over 4400 PY 1 unit
Eric Decker Over 825.5 RY 5 units
Mercedes Lewis Over 500.5 PY 3 units
Geno Atkins Under 8.5 Sacks 3 units
Calvin Johnson Under 11.5 TDs 3 units
Ravens Over 8.5 Wins 3 units
Bills Under 6.5 Wins 3 units
That's interesting. Anymore to share? How much total did you spend for the pleasure of watching this game in the stadium?
wraith and why do you think I was applaed at the fans for boing penny last year.
One more thing I should mention. With the score 21-17, I said that the game would not go into to overtime like last year's game (I saw the WAS-NYJ game last year), and someone remarked that they would not be surprised if an OT came as the Fins needed a FG and the Jets, a TD. After a Fins FG, I was told that I single-handedly jinxed OT for the game, and it did not help that the last play scared me to death that the Jets would actually get a TD.
I was also situated in an area that was predominantly Dolphins fans, though I should mention that in front of me a person wearing a Vick jersey and another wearing a Burress jersey were sitting like 6 seats apart.