+ Reply to Thread
Page 728 of 838
FirstFirst ... 228 628 678 718 726 727 728 729 730 738 778 828 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 8378

Thread: Chicago Bears

1. Join Date
    Aug 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    Bears sign OG Chilo Rachal to a 1 year deal today: LINK. I thought the Bears were happy with their offensive line.

And LB Rocky McIntosh is visiting the Bears today as well.
    Yeah, but they still need backups, and this could mean a move for Chris Williams to tackle. Signing Rocky would also fill a gaping hole.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008

It's nice to know I'm not the only Bears fan who wants us to draft WR Stephen Hill...

I know the Bears have needs. I also know at 19 he may be a stretch, but I like Stephen Hill. I realize his lack of overall catches leads some to wonder but just watch how fluid he is, his body control and his speed. I think he could be a steal outside the top 15. Why not? Joe, West Jordan, Utah

I think 19 is too high for Hill. I get what you are saying. He has more potential than any receiver in the draft. But there also is a chance he could be a major bust. Given the fact that he has not produced much and he has not done the things an NFL wide receiver will be asked to do, he is too much of an unknown to be chosen that high. With the 19th pick in the first round, you don't want to completely whiff. You want to make a pick that is somewhat safe. The time to take big risks comes later in the draft, ideally in the third round, but in the case of Hill I would say the second round.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7379270.column

I may live in Florida, but I bleed Chicago navy & orange

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    It's nice to know I'm not the only Bears fan who wants us to draft WR Stephen Hill...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...7379270.column
    Georgia Tech is the best WR school in the country, and they don't even throw the ball.

He's worth the #19 imo. I just think the Bears need to take a Left Tackle there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
    We just don't properly comprehend DT's genius.

We're playing chess, he's playing Yahtzee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArKaiserAttack View Post
    I only cross the sidewalk on red when I'm with a girl. Then I make a quip about how edgy I am.

Hours later, I'm masturbating into my rocky road

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Quote Originally Posted by DenverTyrant View Post
    Georgia Tech is the best WR school in the country, and they don't even throw the ball.

He's worth the #19 imo. I just think the Bears need to take a Left Tackle there.
    Neither Kalil nor Reiff will still be on the board and they are the only ones worth the 19th pick in my opinion.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Slaymont Harris View Post
    Yeah, but they still need backups, and this could mean a move for Chris Williams to tackle. Signing Rocky would also fill a gaping hole.
    Yup...backups, backups, backups! They cannot let injuries be their fate again this year.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Playmakers abound at receiver position in draft

Hill possesses outstanding measurables but had limited production while playing in a triple-option offense at Georgia Tech. Last season as a junior the 6-4, 215-pounder caught 28 passes for 820 yards and five touchdowns, a robust average of 29.3 yards per reception. PFW describes Hill as a “raw, athletic, inconsistent, outside-the-numbers deep threat with intriguing rare measurables and playmaking ability.”
    http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=8754

I'd roll the dice and draft Hill in round-one.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    Neither Kalil nor Reiff will still be on the board and they are the only ones worth the 19th pick in my opinion.
    With the newest news about Mike Adams you'd be best off taking Hill now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgus View Post
    We just don't properly comprehend DT's genius.

We're playing chess, he's playing Yahtzee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArKaiserAttack View Post
    I only cross the sidewalk on red when I'm with a girl. Then I make a quip about how edgy I am.

Hours later, I'm masturbating into my rocky road

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008

With the draft six days away let's predict the Bears first-round pick. Let's assume that Reiff, DeCastro, Cox, and Floyd are off the board. Make your prediction based on what you think they'll do, not what you'd like them to do.

I predict Nick Perry, DE.

I would roll the dice on Stephen Hill if it were up to me. I also predict that if Floyd fell to 19 that he'll be the pick.
    Last edited by FloridaJeff; 04-20-2012 at 01:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

In terms of WR I reckon it could be any of Floyd, Wright or Hill not Blackmon even if he falls to us.

But I reckon it will be Whitney Mercilus though I don't think it should be

10. Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaJeff View Post
    Really surprised to see a post like this from you. You have been one of the biggest proponents of the Bears getting a #1 receiver. Yes, they went out and got Marshall, but they need someone to play opposite him.
    We're going from Martz to Tice. We need a tackle and a guard and a blocking Te who can help catch passes (similar to heath miller)
    Team Andrea McNulty gangbang

'Be good or be good at it'

+ Reply to Thread