+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JAN. 28 - 2009 NFL Mock Draft, Senior Bowl Stock, Matt's Blog, Super Bowl Props

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

JAN. 28 - 2009 NFL Mock Draft, Senior Bowl Stock, Matt's Blog, Super Bowl Props

2009 NFL Mock Draft - I've updated my 2009 NFL Mock Draft for Jan. 28 with tons of changes in every round, including the top three. 1/28

2009 Senior Bowl: Stock Report - Matt lists the players whose stock improved or worsened now that the Senior Bowl is over. 1/28

Super Bowl XLIII Pick - I have a 6-unit selection on the Super Bowl. Cards or Steelers? I've posted some of the props I like as well. 1/28

Matt McGuire's NFL Matt Draft Blog - Matt talks about some misconceptions regarding NFL mock drafts. 1/28

2009 NFL Mock Draft Database - Looking for more 2009 NFL Mock Drafts? I have 140 listed. TWELVE updates for Wednesday! 1/28

2009 NBA Mock Draft Database - Check out a list of 28 2009 NBA Mock Drafts on the net. ONE update. 1/28

NBA Picks - NBA Picks are back! One play for Wednesday. 1/28

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Nice Job as always.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Walter, you need to explain to me how a WR that never ran pro routes at Texas Tech does more for a team with Bulger at quarterback than a left tackle ever could.

But dude, you have got some serious balls putting Crabtree 2. I have a very hard time seeing it happen.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Week 1 CFB Capping: +11.4 units
    Week 2 CFB Capping: +10.4 units (10-4 ATS)
    Week 3 CFB Capping: -5.4 units (11-13 ATS)
    Week 4 CFB Picks: +3.7 units (7-9 ATS)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007

Matt, are you saying people should do mock drafts based on what they think will happen? I don't see why there isn't a diffeerence between something I would do as opposed to something I think someone esle would do. There will always be personal bias but the picks would still be different.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Right the picks will always be different (unless you copy or pure coincidence).

I am just saying you can't escape bias. We all have our opinions. I think it is something we should accept.

I think a mock draft is based on what you think will happen...you are trying to predict the draft, or trying to predict what will happen. Otherwise, it would be a mock draft based on what you do not think will happen, which doesn't make sense.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Walter, you need to explain to me how a WR that never ran pro routes at Texas Tech does more for a team with Bulger at quarterback than a left tackle ever could.

But dude, you have got some serious balls putting Crabtree 2. I have a very hard time seeing it happen.
    Because there is no elite left tackle, and Crabtree does more for them in this harsh economic time. They can also sign a tackle (Gross, Carey) or draft one in Round 2 (Kropog, Beatty, Meredith).

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

I dont get the point why Monroe/Oher are no elite Tackles in your opinion.

Jake Long was 1st overall and he was not elite.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Because there is no elite left tackle, and Crabtree does more for them in this harsh economic time. They can also sign a tackle (Gross, Carey) or draft one in Round 2 (Kropog, Beatty, Meredith).
    Did you read my draftology?

3 most valuable positions in the NFL are: QB, LT, and RDE/3-4 OLB.

Playing one of these positions increases your value because you are either the quarterback, protecting the QBs blind side, or rushing the QB.

Oh yeah, Kropog was terrible at the Senior Bowl (I forgot to include him in my stock report) and Meredith was benched mid season and moved inside to guard.

What happened to Xavier Fulton, the left tackle everyone was hyping before and during the season? He was a joke in Mobile.

Crabtree isn't Calvin Johnson, not even close. I am fairly confident the Rams will go left tackle at 2, but hey maybe they do something stupid. Maybe Crabtree runs a great time.

But then Crabtree makes no sense for them. If they can't protect their QB, and their QB sucks (Bulger), then I don't think drafting a non-elite WR does them much good.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-28-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    Haters gonna hate.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Not to mention that the owner could like Crabtree better because he's a sexy name. Owners call the shots so often in the first round.

+ Reply to Thread