Hey all, I know you all love football, but I was curious. How many of you play fantasy football? If so..
1)What site do you use?
2)Do you like the site?
3)How many teams in the league?
5)Your better players?
6)How is your team doing so far?
7)Do you like your team?
8)Do you like your league?
1) Yahoo private league, free
2) I used to use Sandbox.com back in the day when it was free I like both sites
4) Deep league. Have to start 2 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE 1 Flex WR/TE 2 flex WR/RB, 1 K, 1 DEF and 7 IDP. QB heavy stats.
5) Peyton Manning (my 1st pick 2nd overall in draft), Lynch, Witten, Chad Johnson
6) 8-2 after tonight 2nd place overall
7) I love this team, I love the waiver wire too...Roddy White, Jesse Chatman
8) This is the biggest football league and deepest I played in. I just finished up a 20 team baseball league that had you required to start 10 OFs per team (**** was bananas) I came in 2nd. I personally like scouring the waivers for talent i'm not big on trading. Draft and waivers for me. Big yea, if your a serious Fantasy player go a big deep league with people who pay attention...so much fun.
WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator
1) I'm on ESPN, CBS and Yahoo.
2) Love ESPN, like CBS and hate Yahoo
3) All five leagues are 12 except for one, which is 10.
4) Regular format for all.
5) In one league, I have Joseph Addai, Adrian Peterson, Tony Romo, Wes Welker, Santonio Holmes, Lee Evans, Antonio Gates, Ravens D. Another team of mine has both LaDainian Tomlinson and Steven Jackson, as well as Wes Welker, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson.
6) 7-3, 7-3, 6-4, 4-6, 4-6
7) Obviously like the winning teams, hate the losing teams. One of the 4-6 teams I'm done to my 4th QB cuz of injuries.
1) NFL.com and CBS
2) Pretty good stats and up-to-date
5) Romo, Addai, R Moss
6) Couple of different ones, best is 8-2 (thanks to above)
7) Lucked out in draft
8) A few cheesers, they'll try and make dumb trades (someone offered a trade for Romo when Bulger was my backup - pass!) Next year I think I might pay something, if only to guarantee that everyone who goes into the league pay attention and cares. It's always a hollow victory if a couple of opposition starters are on byes.
I use yahoo.com its easy and my favorite. I live eat and breath fantasy football as I almost scored 200 pts this week!
1)yahoo.com - free version
2)yeah its easy and informative
3)depends which one.. about an average of 8-10
4)3 head-to-head, 1 points only
5)LT, Peyton, Westbrook
7)It's a lot of fun having LT (I use Chuck Norris jokes as my smack talk each week.. simply replacing Chuck Norris with LT)
8)yeah, we're pretty raunchy and cruel, but it's all in good fun
I love head to head and fractional pts is key in yahoo leagues
Check out this trade I just made. I gave up Kellen Clemens and Roddy White for Reggie Wayne. Cash $
WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator
Wow you ripped that sucker off.
1) I've used lots of sites. ESPN, CBS, MSN, Yahoo, Sports Line, and NFL.com
2)I like NFL.com the best by a long shot. I like their matchup previews the best and their winners league gives players more freedom. Such as updating your own headlines. I also play in the free version on NFL.com
3) 12 teams
4) Standard format
5) Brian Westbrook
6) Tied for first in the division 9-1
7) When they're healthy I love my team
8) My league is hilarious. Every week my league owner put up a picture of a naked woman and writes a paragraph about the "Ass Whoopin' of the Week." Everyone in the league updates their teams and talks trash. It's very enjoyable.