+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49
FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread: Who is Seattle taking?

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by navyhawk51 View Post
    mate we are going off the assumption that TR will pick the Best IMPACT player available now....

and that's not crabtree unless of course someone is planned to be traded or crabtree impresses the hell out of everyone and moves ahead of Nate or branch or Homamma.

Most likely not going to happen. Remember, TR doesnt care about his legacy.

"Ruskell also was asked if he felt the No. 4 pick in this yearís draft will determine his legacy here in Seattle, and had this to say: ďIt doesnít matter. I donít think that way. I donít worry about my legacy. I absolutely do not. Itís absolutely not important. What we want to do is bring in the best football player we can to help this football team right way. Thatís all that matters.Ē

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seah...t_worry_about_

So with that said, crabtree is out (trust me i would like to have him on my team).
    I don't think they take Crabtree I still wouldn't rule it out though. Trading down would probally be best if possible and take a RB or secondary help, imo.

2. The reason why it is hard to figure out the Seahawks pick is because their roster is terrible fit for this draft class.

They draft a LT, they have to cut Walter Jones while he still have some tread left! (No way they paying $10 million a year for a guard, and Sean Locklear is a good starting RT)

No way they draft Curry, they already have a ton of money tied up to LB Lofa and Leroy Hill.

They just traded for Corey Redding, and spent a 1st rounder on Jackson last year, so DE should be out of the picture.

That leaves QB, RB, WR, DT, DB! They went out sign T.J. Housh and gave up a first round pick for Branch so adding Crabtree means that they would need to cut Branch (tap a cap hit).

No RB or DB appears top 5 talent so you are left with Sanchez and Raji. A young QB to groom sound a lot better than a NT!

The team first choice should be to trade down, if not if he is on the board they have to go with Sanchez!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

The thing is, adding Crabtree would a) Give them a legit #1 for years to come b) improve the play of Hasselbeck c) Provide the next QB they decide to develop - not seneca wallace - with a huuuuggee weapon to aid his development.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrift View Post
    The thing is, adding Crabtree would a) Give them a legit #1 for years to come b) improve the play of Hasselbeck c) Provide the next QB they decide to develop - not seneca wallace - with a huuuuggee weapon to aid his development.
    TRUE.... years to come and im with you man.

however if you read the last page where i left a link to where TR himself said "i dont care about my legacy.. (bla bla bla) I'm drafting a player to help us NOW."

one would have to speculate, knowing TR, that crabtree and sanchez are out (guys that would have to sit on the bench almost like a redshirt nfl season for 2009).

IF curry isnt there.... i have no clue who we are taking at that spot biased on TR's quote.... monroe? crab? sanchez?

we will see in a few hours.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Michael Crabtree reportedly gave off a diva like attitude during his visit to Rams Park, and has been eliminated from contention to be picked No. 2 overall.
    There's got to be something to the "diva attitude" because this is the second time we've heard it. The Browns allegedly soured on Crabtree for the same thing. Crabtree's ego is more concerning than his foot at this point.
    Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...A?OpenDocument

6. Solid pick up by the Seahawks....and whoever told me I was crazy to want to trade in the late first for DHB, and hed still be there in the 2nd round......eat your words now.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

just wanted to say that i was the one that said monroe first... then later in this blog i said curry. All along i said they wouldnt pick crabtree. **

**although i admit it didnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out :P

+ Reply to Thread