+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My NFL picks for the day

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007

My NFL picks for the day

Since I feel like solar energy is passing through me after that stellar weekend in NCAAF I'm gonna try my hand at the NFL which is a lot harder to cover at.

I love the Jaguars at -9. David Garrard is going to have a great day throwing. I like the home crowd. I think the Bills DL is small and won't do well against MJD. Jaguars defense will be the usual dominating defense. Easy pick imo by no means a lock (never is), but I like this Jags team and I think the spread should be more along the lines of -11.5.

I love the Bucs at -3.5. I say this because the Washington secondary is injured, and I think Gruden will take advantage of that with Joey Galloway, the most underrated WR in the league. Jeff Garcia won't make mistakes. The Bucs defense is riding a lot of confidence and Gaines Adams is coming on as a good pass rusher. I like the speed of the Bucs defense and the Redskins receivers are terrible.

I love Arizona at -11. The 9ers are just really bad. Cardinals defense is very underrated. If you want to keep this game close with the Cardinals you need a savvy veteran QB and Alex Smith is pretty much the antithesis of that. 27-13 Cardinals.

And now for my pick of the day......I love the OVER in the Bengals/Titans game at 46.5. I just think Tennessee is going to put a lot of points on the Bengals...30 at least. Now that means that we need just another 17 from the Bengals to cover this thing, and if Haynesworth doesn't play I feel like we have a great pick here.

Walter is offline Administrator 1000% USDA Young Stallion

I think Dilfer's starting for the 49ers, not Smith.

Good luck with those picks.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Unreal, no touchdowns in the last 12 minutes in the Tennessee/Cincinnati game. Pretty sick.

Jeff Garcia got injured early in the first quarter, pretty much screwing my Bucs pick. Gradkowski is horrible. I guarantee you if Gar is healthy that the Bucs blow out the Redskins.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Titans have the ball 3rd and 2 on the 10, touchdown and I hit my pick of the day.

I really thought the Titans rushing game would have performed better against hte Cincy defense.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Unreal, no touchdowns in the last 12 minutes in the Tennessee/Cincinnati game. Pretty sick.

Jeff Garcia got injured early in the first quarter, pretty much screwing my Bucs pick.
    Tough break on the Ten/Cin OVER - we've all been there, so I can feel for you on that one.

And I believe Garcia got injured on the first play. I don't have coverage of the game here, but that's what I read elsewhere.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Yeah I think you are right Brian.

No touchdowns in the last 12:58. I believe one touchdown was called back on review or something because at one time the score was 35-12.

I mean you'd think the Titans could score a touchdown on the Benglas, but like Walter said, "Vince Young just wins game" lol jk

Redskins gave the Bucs this game. Four fumbles inside their own 30 in the first 20 mins of the game, leading to 16 points.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

So sick, no points at all for the Bucs in the second half. Pretty much a field goal wraps this thing up and we can't even get that.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Redskins gave the Bucs this game. Four fumbles inside their own 30 in the first 20 mins of the game, leading to 16 points.
    We have our backup QB in there, nothing is given.

Yeah, nothing's ever a given in football... Rams are blowing it because of Frerotte.

+ Reply to Thread