Anybody ever have a season ending injury in a sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever have a season ending injury in a sport

I've had two this year. In football, I developed an intestinal problem that kept me out the last few weeks, right after I won the starting TE job. And in wrestling I tore the muscle in the center of my back and everybody in my weight class got injured in three days
    Walter got PWN3D
    Rams GM

Picks
    2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
    65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
    101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
    137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
    168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
    180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Wow God hates you.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I mean, sorry to hear that. GL with the recovery.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Broke my wrist in practice in 7th grade football.
        Fractured my L4 and L5 vertebrates late in my 9th grade football year.
        Tore my shoulder in 11th grade.
        Tore my same shoulder Freshman year of college in practice.

Tore a ligament in my index finger on my shooting hand in 9th grade basektball.

Injuries own me.

Comment

Oh, and I got a type 3 concussion in kindergarten T-Ball, but I don't think that counts
          Walter got PWN3D
          Rams GM

Picks
          2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
          33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
          65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
          101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
          137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
          168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
          180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Dang in Kindergarten? Lol how did you manage that

Comment

Let's see. When I was 6. I had a broken collarbone in pee wee football, which shut me down for the season. Tore up my ankle in the 1st Quarter of the last game of the season in 10th grade, which obviously ended that season. Finally, in College, I suffered a concussion playing Hockey that pretty much ended my organized Hockey Career. I've played since, but not on that level. I also had Mono when I was 21 which cost me a Summer of Softball.

I've also played through more injuries than I care to remember, including the final 5 Football Games in my Senior Year of High School on a torn meniscus in my right knee. We were going to the playoffs, there was no way they were getting me off the field. I'd pop 5 Bayer Aspirin before the game and wore a brace to get through it.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                Wow God hates you.
                Reminds me of a funny, well, sadly funny story from college football. Once we were stretching before practice, and a fellow D-lineman is lamenting about his life, saying "God hates me. I'm fat, I'm ugly, and I have a small *****. The only thing going for me is football." In our next game he broke his ankle. I felt so bad for him. Good news is that he was able to redshirt that year and come back for a fifth in which he captained the team and led us to a conference title.
                NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

I had a career-ender in the weight room, really F'ed up my back while on adrenaline rush maxing out on hang cleans.

I technically once had a season ending hip pointer, but it was in the last game of the season, so it's not like I missed a lot of time. I'm proud to say that I suffered the hip pointer on a TD-saving tackle. Of course, they still had first and goal and scored 2 plays later but it was the other DEs fault
                  NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Crushed my hand tackling a 'big back' in my first year playing, sucked because we made it to the conference finals that year. Next year I got a sick cut-block en-route to the QB and tore my PCL. We made it to the national championship game that year..!
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forums Woodrift!

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        Welcome to the forums Woodrift!
                        another London guy

Comment

my senior year in track i got overuse in my calves. crazy injury from working out too hard or something where the muscle sheath doesn't stretch out over the muscle properly or something, and it doesn't actually keep you out-out, but it's like it's really, really sore the whole time. so then i got shin splints besides. man that knocked my 100 from 11 seconds down to low 12's. what a bummer for working hard and being captain to get "hurt" just from training, but without a real injury. i found out in college though that you can get surgery for that and everything's just fine. shoulda done that.

Comment

Dislocated my right thumb in football last year. If I played anywhere other than QB I would have been able to play but it was my right thumb so I couldnt grip the ball. It caused me to miss 2 games so it wasnt that bad the last game was a playoff game we lost

Comment

Busted my knee playing hockey. It was like a lesser version of Willis McGahee's knee injury in college: same type of hit, same angle, just wasn't hit as hard (I was 14). I don't walk with a limp or anything, but I cannot run for any longer than a minute without having to limp around for the next hour or so.

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X