Favorite player from favorite sports teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite player from favorite sports teams

Who is your favorite player from each of your favorite sports teams?

Here are mine:

Vikings: Adrian Peterson
    Cubs: Alfonso Soriano
    Bulls: Luol Deng
    Blackhawks: Jonathan Toews
    Illinois basketball: Demetri McCamey
    Illinois football: Arrelious Benn

Steelers: Heath Miller
    Pitt Panthers: Pat Bostick
    Penn State: Andrew Quarless
    Penquins: Sidney Crosby
    NJ Devils: Martin Broduer
    Phillies: Jimmy Rollins

Comment

Jets: Kerry Rhodes
      Yankees: Derek Jeter
      Knicks: Spike Lee
      Michigan: Mike Hart
      Siena: Kenny Hasbrouck
      AVP: Misty May
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Falcons: Brooking
        Braves: Chipper
        Hawks: J-Smoove
        Thrashers: Kovalchuk

Founder of ScarDraft
        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Washington Redskins - Long Live Sean Taylor!!!!!

R.I.P. Sean Taylor 1983-2007
          HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Comment

Bucs: Davin Joseph
            Pistons: Rodney Stuckey
            Clipps: Elton Brand
            Reds: Jay Bruce/Homer Bailey
            Red Sox: David Ortiz/Jacoby Ellsbury
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              Knicks: Spike Lee
              Hah.

Braves: McCann. Had a mancrush on Andruw Jones until he flushed his own career down the toilet.
              Falcons: Not much to choose from. Brooking by default.
              Jaguars: Matt Jones. ...Hahahahaha. No, really, Fred Taylor ftw.
              UGA: Was Marcus Howard, now I'm gonna have to be lame and say Knowshon.

Have other favorite teams, but those are the only ones I follow closely enough to hold an opinion on the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Bucs: Davin Joseph
                Pistons: Rodney Stuckey
                Clipps: Elton Brand
                Reds: Jay Bruce/Homer Bailey
                Red Sox: David Ortiz/Jacoby Ellsbury
                lol...Homer Bailey. That guy is a bust prospect...

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  lol...Homer Bailey. That guy is a bust prospect...
                  21 year old bust? On a team with Cincinnati's defense? Hope your joking.

It takes a while for pitchers to develop. I love Bailey's attitude. He needs more pitch control, but that comes with experience.

LOL dude. You're an idiot. He's started 12 games in his career and he's a bust. What a joke.

He's struggled so far this year...absolutely. But they all do. He needs more experience. I'm confident he will eventually be a very solid pitcher.

Volquez. Cueto. Bailey...we have a lot of promise in our pitching staff.

Comment

21 year old bust? On a team with Cincinnati's defense? Hope your joking.

It takes a while for pitchers to develop. I love Bailey's attitude. He needs more pitch control, but that comes with experience.

LOL dude. You're an idiot. He's started 12 games in his career and he's a bust. What a joke.

He's struggled so far this year...absolutely. But they all do. He needs more experience. I'm confident he will eventually be a very solid pitcher.

Volquez. Cueto. Bailey...we have a lot of promise in our pitching staff.
                    I see nothing special at all in Bailey's stuff. He really didn't even have dominating stats in the minors. Most young pitchers are good early on if they have great stuff(which Bailey doesn't) and then go through some rough spots once hitters study them more. An example of that is Cueto...He has amazing stuff. Bailey has been horrendous in the majors.

Comment

Cowboys - Marion Barber/DeMarcus Ware
                      Suns - Steve Nash
                      Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

I see nothing special at all in Bailey's stuff. He really didn't even have dominating stats in the minors. Most young pitchers are good early on if they have great stuff(which Bailey doesn't) and then go through some rough spots once hitters study them more. An example of that is Cueto...He has amazing stuff. Bailey has been horrendous in the majors.
                        He had horrendous stats in the minors?

In 2006 he was extremely good in AAA. 3.09 ERA with a 59/32 strikeout walk ratio. That's very solid.

This year in 2007 he did have bad stats. 4.07 ERA in AAA with a 1.9 WHIP.

Not sure what is wrong with him this year.

Bailey's got a great fastball and a solid slider. He needs to develop taht changeup.

I think his greatest strength is his heat. Biggest weakness is locating that heat.

He needs experience and he needs winning experience eventually to get some confidence.

Comment

He had horrendous stats in the minors?

In 2006 he was extremely good in AAA. 3.09 ERA with a 59/32 strikeout walk ratio. That's very solid.

This year in 2007 he did have bad stats. 4.07 ERA in AAA with a 1.9 WHIP.

Not sure what is wrong with him this year.

Bailey's got a great fastball and a solid slider. He needs to develop taht changeup.

I think his greatest strength is his heat. Biggest weakness is locating that heat.

He needs experience and he needs winning experience eventually to get some confidence.
                          I didn't say he had horrendous stats in the minors..I said he wasn't dominant. Like say, David Price is.

I said he was horrendous in the majors...3 K's 10 BB's and like an 8 something ERA. He has only two quality starts in 12 starts.

I will give you Cueto and Volquez though. Those guys look like the real deal...You better hope Baker doesn't do what he did to Wood and Prior and ruin there careers.

Comment

I didn't say he had horrendous stats in the minors..I said he wasn't dominant. Like say, David Price is.

I said he was horrendous in the majors...3 K's 10 BB's and like an 8 something ERA. He has only two quality starts in 12 starts.

I will give you Cueto and Volquez though. Those guys look like the real deal...You better hope Baker doesn't do what he did to Wood and Prior and ruin there careers.
                            Bailey was dominant in AAA at times...this year no he wasn't. I saw him play a few games and he overpowered his opponents.

This year he wasn't great, but I'd take Homer Bailey over Bronson Arroyo any day of the week.

Just give him time in the pros. I'm not saying he is going to be a great player, but I also think there is something to be said for patience and not judging a pitching prospect based on 12 career starts.

Stats for Brandon Webb in his 3 career starts in minor leagues of 2003 (last year in minors:

6.00 ERA
                            1.5 WHIP
                            17 K/9 BB

Not exactly dominating either...oh yeah he is now one of the top pitchers in the NL.

Joe Saunders last year in AAA
                            5.11 ERA, 1.26 WHIP (4-1 K/BB ratio which was very impressive though).

Bailey had a bad year this year in the minors. It happens. Let's see what he's got. Give him a break he's only started 3 games this year, and his first game can be blamed by the ****ty defense. Three pop fly drops that lead to 2 runs. Not his fault at all and he had to get out of a jam.

He's 21 years old. Do you have any idea how young htat is for a ML pitcher? He's probably the youngest NL starter.
                            Last edited by Matt McGuire; 06-17-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Bailey was dominant in AAA at times...this year no he wasn't. I saw him play a few games and he overpowered his opponents.

This year he wasn't great, but I'd take Homer Bailey over Bronson Arroyo any day of the week.

Just give him time in the pros. I'm not saying he is going to be a great player, but I also think there is something to be said for patience and not judging a pitching prospect based on 12 career starts.

Stats for Brandon Webb in his 3 career starts in minor leagues of 2003 (last year in minors:

6.00 ERA
                              1.5 WHIP
                              17 K/9 BB

Not exactly dominating either...oh yeah he is now one of the top pitchers in the NL.

Joe Saunders last year in AAA
                              5.11 ERA, 1.26 WHIP (4-1 K/BB ratio which was very impressive though).

Bailey had a bad year this year in the minors. It happens. Let's see what he's got. Give him a break he's only started 3 games this year, and his first game can be blamed by the ****ty defense. Three pop fly drops that lead to 2 runs. Not his fault at all and he had to get out of a jam.

He's 21 years old. Do you have any idea how young htat is for a ML pitcher? He's probably the youngest NL starter.
                              I get your point but this guy was hyped up to be a superstar a few years ago. He has a chance to be a solid #3 or 4 guy but I can never see him being a superstar. 28-28 K/BB ratio his first year and a 3-10 ratio this year. That is not a good sign at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X